MK going FP+ only beginning Jan 14th

So if you stay on the grounds with bracelet but have an annual pass, will they attach the annual pass to the bracelet or will you still have to go the "special place" in the corner to get only your AP fastpasses? Just scheming.....

Once you have a Magic Band you can link your ap to it and use it anytime. That's what I did with my AP

So now that we will officially activate our annual passes next weekend, the joy of park hopping and getting fast passes at different parks is now shot out the window since we will only be allowed 3 per day per person and not 3 per park. Bad, bad, bad

I don't think I ever used only 3 fast passes in a day. My kids (and me) will not be liking this. No flexibility, have to plan 6 months out. Sounds like fun for those who only visit every few years.

So if you stay on the grounds with bracelet but have an annual pass, will they attach the annual pass to the bracelet or will you still have to go the "special place" in the corner to get only your AP fastpasses?   Just scheming.....

If you link your AP to your MDE account, with or without MB, you can make FP+ reservations through MDE. The MB is not what gives you FP+ ability. The AP will act as your redemption media.

If you link your AP to your MDE account, with or without MB, you can make FP+ reservations through MDE. The MB is not what gives you FP+ ability. The AP will act as your redemption media.

What if you purchased APs, but you havent turned in the redemption cards at a park to get the actual APs yet?

We may be in that boat on our next trip.

So if we only have the cards they mail you and havent redeemed them for the actual AP yet, you cant sign up for FP+, right?

What if you purchased APs, but you havent turned in the redemption cards at a park to get the actual APs yet?

We may be in that boat on our next trip.

So if we only have the cards they mail you and havent redeemed them for the actual AP yet, you cant sign up for FP+, right?

Enter the confirmation number into MDE and they will be linked. You still have to redeem the vouchers when you arrive, but they will already be linked and you can make FP+ selections.

Enter the confirmation number into MDE and they will be linked. You still have to redeem the vouchers when you arrive, but they will already be linked and you can make FP+ selections.

Wow. That was much easier than i thought it would be. Thanks for the heads up Dave.

But only if you have a WDW Resort reservation, or a linked MB from a previous trip.

You can link your AP, but unless you have a resort reservation, you can't make FP+ reservations with just a linked AP.

Wow. That was much easier than i thought it would be. Thanks for the heads up Dave.

Hang on a second.

Aaron, isn't your next trip like a year away?

You aren't able to make FP+ reservations that far in advance, are you.

Also, unless something changed, you still need a resort reservation before you can get a MagicBand or make FP+ reservations in advance.

As of right now, just having an AP doesn't get you FP+ access.

TCD

I have resort ressie and will probably purchase the APs at least six months before the trip. I am just hoping to make the FP+ ressies in the same window as everyone else and was wondering how that works when you only have the voucher in hand and not the actual AP; since i wont have the actual APs until I arrive and head to one of the parks.

I have resort ressie and will probably purchase the APs at least six months before the trip. I am just hoping to make the FP+ ressies in the same window as everyone else and was wondering how that works when you only have the voucher in hand and not the actual AP; since i wont have the actual APs until I arrive and head to one of the parks.

There have been conflicting reports about whether a voucher will work.  Apparently it can work- but you may have to call for help.

Isnt it 180 days or 90 days in advance that you can make FP+ selections?

I thought it was 60 days.

60 days

That's what I thought too.

Of course, all of this is still in testing, and could all change over the next few months.

Up to this point, I've been able to make FP+ reservations for whatever I wanted up to the day before-so the 60 day thing was no big deal.  But, as more and more people have access to FP+, that 60 days may become important.

TCD

Well, we just returned from our weekend trip where we activated our AP. We activated them at DTD Friday night which was a mess with the amount of people. I took forever to get them and not a big deal for me, but they only had Donald cards and my kids had a fit. I asked the CM," for $2000 I can't get a Mickey and Minnie card? He said they were out and I just laughed. Next I went to the iPad kiosk to set up some fast pass+ items and the iPad froze with all my account info on screen. I waited almost an hour for someone to help me. They sent one of the FP+ experts in the plaid vest who was clueless. She said unless you were a Disney resort guest, FP+ would be useless to even a AP holder, along with my prior magic bands. She even got her supervisor who said the same thing. Of course they were both wrong. They should both work at the fort...lol

Well, we just returned from our weekend trip where we activated our AP. We activated them at DTD Friday night which was a mess with the amount of people. I took forever to get them and not a big deal for me, but they only had Donald cards and my kids had a fit. I asked the CM," for $2000 I can't get a Mickey and Minnie card? He said they were out and I just laughed. Next I went to the iPad kiosk to set up some fast pass+ items and the iPad froze with all my account info on screen. I waited almost an hour for someone to help me. They sent one of the FP+ experts in the plaid vest who was clueless. She said unless you were a Disney resort guest, FP+ would be useless to even a AP holder, along with my prior magic bands. She even got her supervisor who said the same thing. Of course they were both wrong. They should both work at the fort...lol

Wow.

I am very surprised about how badly they have chosen to treat AP holders as this testing continues.

Unless an AP holder has made a resort reservation, he receives the same treatment as an off-site day visitor.

I guess this shows how much they care about AP holders.

The money is in selling vacation packages-not AP's.

TCD

Well, we just returned from our weekend trip where we activated our AP. We activated them at DTD Friday night which was a mess with the amount of people. I took forever to get them and not a big deal for me, but they only had Donald cards

WOW we did ours on Dec27th and they did not have Mickey or Minnie then either, sounds like a conspiracy theory to me

TCD[/

When I worked at Great Adventure, season pass holders were the lowest on list for importance. They spend less money than a one day vistor. The season pass holders were usually local, so they would come after eating at home, or leave before they needed to eat, don't buy souvenirs or photos, etc. they spent the least so they were cared about the least. I know Disney is totally different that GA but I'm sure there are some similarities with that stuff.

WOW we did ours on Dec27th and they did not have Mickey or Minnie then either, sounds like a conspiracy theory to me

No conspiracy.  Just more mismanagement.  I bought my oldest daughter a new AP on 12/30 at the MK, and they had plenty of all four different cards in stock.  She got to pick which one she wanted.

When I worked at Great Adventure, season pass holders were the lowest on list for importance. They spend less money than a one day vistor. The season pass holders were usually local, so they would come after eating at home, or leave before they needed to eat, don't buy souvenirs or photos, etc. they spent the least so they were cared about the least. I know Disney is totally different that GA but I'm sure there are some similarities with that stuff.

I don't think Disney is totally different when it comes to AP's.

I would imagine that as a whole, local AP holders spend way less on food, lodging, and souvenirs than guests traveling from out of state on packages.  Disney obviously feels that they don't need to cater to AP holders.

I understand that.  But, I think it's a mistake for them to ignore AP holders and in some cases mistreat them.  That could come back to bite them in the butt.

TCD

I don't think Disney is totally different when it comes to AP's.

I would imagine that as a whole, local AP holders spend way less on food, lodging, and souvenirs than guests traveling from out of state on packages.  Disney obviously feels that they don't need to cater to AP holders.

I understand that.  But, I think it's a mistake for them to ignore AP holders and in some cases mistreat them.  That could come back to bite them in the butt.

TCD

I know in our case as AP holders we tend to eat in the parks more now seeing we feel as tho we did not pay to get in the park like on as a  day ticket plus we might  go to a park just to eat, sounds kind of crazy but we like that option.

I know in our case as AP holders we tend to eat in the parks more now seeing we feel as tho we did not pay to get in the park like on as a  day ticket plus we might  go to a park just to eat, sounds kind of crazy but we like that option.

Well, you're not a local AP holder.  I stand by my statement- as a whole, local AP holders spend far less in the parks than guests who buy packages from Disney.

TCD

TCD[/

I'm sure GA season passes are cheaper than Disneys (I may be wrong) but for $2000 for 4 passes I would think we would be treated a tad better. Or at least the CM who help you at these kiosk should be pros on what they are talking about

I'm sure GA season passes are cheaper than Disneys (I may be wrong) but for $2000 for 4 passes I would think we would be treated a tad better. Or at least the CM who help you at these kiosk should be pros on what they are talking about

I think it's a huge mistake for them to treat AP holders they way they've been treating us.

The act like they don't need our $2K.

Very stupid on their part.

TCD