Ma'am, You Forgot the Check! -- WWW 2014

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mama is awesome and Queen of all the Womenz.  I'm just grateful that I get to be among the lucky ones to know her.   Get on to her?  Have you lost your mind!?  I am staying in her good graces so as no

Mama and I have matching jammies. Granted hers are much smaller than mine.

I think Mo should make and send regular batches of rum balls to Rita to help keep Mama in line.  (Don't you dare tell Mama I said so or she'll be on my Fat A**!)

The most amazing part of Friday morning is that we managed to get our group of park-going Wild Womenz up and moving in time for rope drop!

2nd most amazing part was that, despite still being half asleep, my score at TSM was just over 200,000.  (can't locate the photo at the moment, but it does exist)

We ended up spending more time in line for RnRC than posted.  From the announcements made, it sounded like the ride may have gone down at some point.

No worries, that gave us more time to scare the bejinkies of out some poor man in line with his wife and 2 sons who didn't realize he was about to go upside down - 3 times.  8)

Also found a photo of Marty watching the launch.  It should be noted that this was Marty's first time on RnRC.  :)

12139105514_425edfe912_c.jpg

And to backtrack a tick... Thursday night a bunch of us headed over to the Poly for some drinks and nibbles.

We commandeered a corner at the Tambu Lounge and got an assortment of adult beverages.  Then some of us stayed at the bar for food while the others went downstairs to Cook's quick service.

These are the pulled pork nachos and on the right the kahlua sliders...

12138712545_0d700e53f8_b.jpg

Those nachos were a-ma-zing!  And I'm not just saying that because I was starving.

And this, is a Backscratcher...

12138981673_ce2f469f67_c.jpg

...it has an assortment of rum and Jack Daniels in it.

You should try one.

Also found a photo of Marty watching the launch.  It should be noted that this was Marty's first time on RnRC.  :)

12139105514_425edfe912_c.jpg

And to backtrack a tick... Thursday night a bunch of us headed over to the Poly for some drinks and nibbles.

We commandeered a corner at the Tambu Lounge and got an assortment of adult beverages.  Then some of us stayed at the bar for food while the others went downstairs to Cook's quick service.

These are the pulled pork nachos and on the right the kahlua sliders...

12138712545_0d700e53f8_b.jpg

Those nachos were a-ma-zing!  And I'm not just saying that because I was starving.

And this, is a Backscratcher...

12138981673_ce2f469f67_c.jpg

...it has an assortment of rum and Jack Daniels in it.

You should try one.

I'm in.

That food look great. Nachos n sliders a rum drink to wash it down. I could hangout with you guys, or should I say WWs.

Great report so far, ladies!

I only hope that someday I'll be able to join you all.

Can't wait so read and see more!

You should join us.  You will have a blast!

No, I think I met Brent on Sunday evening. 

... that's what happens when I don't take notes.

Friday, Parks Two and Three

Park two was:

030AnimalKingdomwasournextstop_zps9ccba0

The plan was that the "Time Doesn't Matter" group would ride EE while I had lunch at Tusker House.  David refuses to eat there b/c he thinks the food is too weird, so I welcomed the opportunity and really enjoyed it.  I didn't realize that lunch is also a character meal.

I started with butternut squash soup.  Before you turn your nose up, let me tell you it was delicious!

035Butternutsquashsoup_zps6360636a.jpg

Then came: 

036Meatsandveggies_zpsa4839ad7.jpg

Clockwise starting at the top:  pork and beef carving stations, curried shrimp, fresh fruit, roasted veggies, root veggies, and green beans.  It was all very good.

Next was (again clockwise starting at top)  hard salami with swiss cheese and mustard, cucumber salad, hummus, and some kind of chutney.  Any restaurant that has hard salami on the buffet is great in my book.  The cucumber salad was good, but the hummus had little taste and the chutney didn't appeal to me.

037salad-salami_zps168c74cf.jpg

My next plate was Caesar salad, more root veggies, some pastry thing that wasn't very good, and green bean/onion salad.  I like my green beans crispy, but these were rubbery.  Yuk.

038moresalads_zpsa3114b22.jpg

And then I had dessert.  I totally blew my low carb diet, but this meal was worth it!

039desserts_zps5895bbb9.jpg

One bite of the lava cake.  It was disappointingly dry.  The lemon square was good but could have been a little more lemony.  But the baklava was delicious.  I ate the whole thing.  Thankfully it was tiny.

And the characters each came around twice.

031TH01_zps58b6aff6.jpg

Oops, I again forgot to take off that sweatshirt.

While I was eating the rest of the ladies rode both EE and the safari.  We then met back up.  

041Beautifulladies_zpse309fc35.jpg

Marty wanted to see ITTBAB, so Loretta and I went there with her.

040ITTBAB_zps4a206d57.jpg

Then we all left AK and caught a bus to park three:

042OntoMK_zps7f16f5c5.jpg

Everyone else was willing to wait up to two hours to ride Space Mountain.  I don't ride it and my legs and hips were really hurting from trying to keep up with them, so I wandered around Main Street for awhile until I got tired of being shoved around by the crowd.  It was bad.  We saw several tour groups, plus there was a cheerleading competition that weekend.  I went back to the peace of the fort.

Duane came by our site that afternoon, so a few of us got to meet him.

I will let the others fill you in on their afternoon/evening in MK and EPCOT before continuing.

I'm afraid I don't have pictures.  Sorry. :(

After Space Mountain, I think we decided to head over to the People Mover.  They weren't very crowded and let us go around twice.

The next thing I remember is heading over to Pirates.  I am not sure why we got held up on the way, but we paused near the Swiss Family Robinson attraction which I had never done, so I went through that and enjoyed it tremendously.  I have loved the movie for years and enjoyed seeing it in person.

Then on to Pirates and from there I think we hopped to Epcot.  I know we did DJD and Soarin' with some dinner in there.  We ate at a place near Soarin' - I had an Asian kid's meal which was good.  At that point everyone else was very tired and ready to head back to FW.  As we were walking out, I noticed a place showing cartoons.  Turns out it was the Meet and Greet place, so we were able to meet Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie.  That was the perfect way to end a 4 park day!  Also, while waiting for Melissa (when did she join us??) to get some Starbucks, I saw a fountain show with music and colored lights.  It was all very magical.

We then returned to FW, where Carol made me some Toasted Almonds (or was that Thursday night?).  The rest is MPR.

It was that odd assortment of food counters in the Land, lower level.  I'm not a huge fan of it but it was better than nothing.  I had joined the girls as they left MK and headed to Epcot.  And yes, I stopped at Starbucks.  I offered coffee to all the ladies, compliments of my unknowing husband, but they didn't want any.  So I had enough shots of espresso for everyone.  I had a venti with double shots, clerk says "Maam do you KNOW how much caffeine that is?"  Of course I do.   Kept me up until about 4:30am.  LOL    The extra Khalua in it once we reached camp was fabulous addition.     Now you see why I'm the last to go to bed, and don't get up until afternoon.

As we were at Epcot I was tagged in a couple of pictures on facebook and received notice a bit later that my sister was not only working that night, but we had walked right past her.  OOPS.   Didn't realize it.

Hey Lou........NOW you can get off your soapbox!  I posted!   Mark it on the calendar;)

I need to learn how to add photos again.  I didn't take a ton but enough. 

All I can say is I accomplished the 4 Parks ONE day!  Do I ever need to do that again?  NO!  My feet were in pain.  I wore the right shoes wrong socks....go figure!  Had the most amazing time this year! 

My WWW started Wednesday morning.  I tried to leave by 6 AM.  The unfortunate thing was I was still working until 8 AM.  Every time I went to leave I got a call and had to take care of a patient.  Silly people, didn't they realize I was leaving???

The drive to pick up Marty in SC took forever.  The fog was the worst.  At times I were barely driving 25mph on 85 South.  Just North of Charlotte it cleared.  A little late to pick up Marty.  A good thing, it gave Kimmie extra time to shop, and shop she did. MPR!

Now the Carolina Girls were back together this time not on Amtrak but in Big Blue.

Next stop Daytona to pick up Nicki!

Great Ocean Front Room the rest MPR!

:wave1:  :rofl2: FULL  MOON  :rofl2:  

Ate at a place near Soarin' ... Sunshine Seasons ring a bell?

2 hours for Space! :dropjaw: No FP+?

Sounds like you guys ate at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

Yes, I looked it up and it was Sunshine Seasons.  I liked that we could each get something very different.  I had the Mongolian Beef kid's meal.  I was not looking forward to the choices for kid's sides - pre-packaged carrot sticks or grapes.  But God smiled on me and the lady serving me offered me a choice of white rice or veggie-fried rice instead.  The veggie-fried rice was very good!

I don't think we waited more than 50 minutes for Space Mountain.  We couldn't use FP+ without first taking the time to link all our MB's to our park tickets.  It just didn't seem worth it and we really didn't spend that much time in line that day.

2 hours for Space! :dropjaw: No FP+?

Sounds like you guys ate at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

That's the thing about FP+... you can't schedule them if you have no idea where you're going to be when.  8)

I can chime in with a few photos from AK/MK.  Gwen left for her yummy lunch at Tusker House, and we headed to Everest. But first... obligatory Tree of Life photo!

1555382_219814948205121_424217034_n.jpg

We did single rider for Everest as standby was about 30 minutes...

12139320736_e94879f7be_b.jpg

12138653825_a3e35c73ca_z.jpg

After Everest we ate at the Yak and Yeti QS.  I had the beef lo mein and it was actually quite good (sorry, no pics).  The beef was very tender and there was plenty of flavor.  It's also a pretty hefty portion.  My only complaint, which is one I make a lot these days at WDW, is that it was a bit too salty.

We hit the safari next.  Gwen texted she was about finished with her lunch at Tusker House, but we were already almost to the truck load area...

12138648065_9b20d30a71_b.jpg

We met up after and as Gwen mentioned, some Womenz went to see ITTBAB.  The rest of us were side tracked by the Dawa Bar, which has been moved from back near the entrance to Tusker House, out towards the front, across from where the musicians play.

Safari Amber... YUM

12138896333_bce9e747b5_z.jpg

We met up with the rest of the gang and headed to our next destination... Magic Kingdom.

When we got off the bus at MK, guess what we saw?

12139035944_ec5c4f48f1_b.jpg

There were several of these lined up at the shiny new bus stops.

We're heeeeeeere...

12138888383_ce1f5231fe_b.jpg

We bid farewell to Gwen on Main Street and then headed to Space Mountain.  By the time we got there, the posted wait time was somewhere around an hour, and it was pretty much spot on.

12138609925_7b1245cf83_b.jpg

After that I don't have a lot of pictures from MK, but I did manage to snag one of these...

12138600845_ec0b92d352_z.jpg

I'm a little fuzzy on what rides we hit here, but before long we decided that we'd done pretty much what everyone wanted, and we really did have time to make this a 4 park day by heading to Epcot...

1545072_219816051538344_1467738770_n.jpg

By now we were all hungry, but it was almost 9pm and we weren't planning to venture back to World Showcase.  That's how we ended up at Sunshine Seasons.  I had the beet salad and squash soup, which were quite delicious (sorry no pics).

But even better... when we finished eating and headed to Soarin, the wait was (drum roll please)..... 20 minutes!

After we soared we were all pretty much "done" and decided to head out.  But not before someone (Marty I think) saw the Character Spot and that there was NO ONE IN LINE! We pretty much had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy all to ourselves...

1521689_219817534871529_1356822919_n.jpg

156569_219816434871639_1473644704_n.jpg

One last pic by the fountain (thank you random stranger!)

995064_219817958204820_693684230_n.jpg

(and yes, I'm still wearing flip flops!)

And thus the 4 parks day was complete.

i should mention that we really didn't start out to make it to 4 parks this day.  We didn't rush around like lunatics, we actually moved at a pretty leisurely pace, ate, drank, and generally took things easy.  Aside from making rope drop at HS, it was quite the relaxed day.  It became apparent when we were leaving AK at around 2:30pm that with Epcot open until 11pm we really did have time to get to all 4 parks.

So we did.

Final tally...

4 parks

5 buses + 2 monorails

a handful of rides in each park

coffee in HS, lunch in AK, snacks in MK and dinner in EP

no FP

i should mention that we really didn't start out to make it to 4 parks this day.  We didn't rush around like lunatics, we actually moved at a pretty leisurely pace, ate, drank, and generally took things easy.  Aside from making rope drop at HS, it was quite the relaxed day.  It became apparent when we were leaving AK at around 2:30pm that with Epcot open until 11pm we really did have time to get to all 4 parks.

So we did.

Final tally...

4 parks

5 buses + 2 monorails

a handful of rides in each park

coffee in HS, lunch in AK, snacks in MK and dinner in EP

no FP

And we had a blast!!!!!!!!