Ma'am, You Forgot the Check! -- WWW 2014

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mama is awesome and Queen of all the Womenz.  I'm just grateful that I get to be among the lucky ones to know her.   Get on to her?  Have you lost your mind!?  I am staying in her good graces so as no

Mama and I have matching jammies. Granted hers are much smaller than mine.

I think Mo should make and send regular batches of rum balls to Rita to help keep Mama in line.  (Don't you dare tell Mama I said so or she'll be on my Fat A**!)

She had so much fun seeing all the womenz. I can't tell y'all how much it means to me that y'all include her and make her feel special! Of course, it would be nice if y'all got on to her ole mean butt every now and then! :)

you mean like this?

20140119_133420_zpsxx0wgf5k.jpg

And this picture proves why Mama is the Wildest Womenz of all and why WWW wouldn't be complete without her!  :heartsmiley:

1558393_219018571618092_1815478724_n.jpg

As for the rum balls... as my lovely southern Womenz would say, bless her heart!

Those things are not for lightweights.  I didn't measure how much actual rum was in them but I threw away an empty bottle or 2 after I made them, and when I opened a container of them at work, people could smell them down the hall.  8)

Mo, I think your rum balls could cure anything!  They are soooooooooo delicious!

Thanks Gwen - glad you liked them.  I think this was probably my tastiest batch.  I credit soaking the coconut in rum for 3 days.  Bwahahahaha...

But momma makes us laugh so hard we want to pee our pants!

Indeed she does!

Mama is awesome and Queen of all the Womenz.  I'm just grateful that I get to be among the lucky ones to know her.

Get on to her?  Have you lost your mind!?  I am staying in her good graces so as not to be called a F.A.  ... at least hopefully not to my face. ;D

DITTO!

you mean like this?

20140119_133420_zpsxx0wgf5k.jpg

That is Linda giving her "the finger!" She was telling her to be nice, like that did any good! lol The other Wild Womenz just laughed when she talked about my Fat A**! From reading all this I have realized that y'all are happy she is talking about me and not y'all! Just keep hanging around her, she'll get on your Fat A**'s eventually! Linda used to be "not AS fat," but she has become family and is officially a Fat A** now too! Poor Melissa was a Fat A** the first time they met!

As for the rum balls... as my lovely southern Womenz would say, bless her heart!

Those things are not for lightweights.  I didn't measure how much actual rum was in them but I threw away an empty bottle or 2 after I made them, and when I opened a container of them at work, people could smell them down the hall.  8)

She was pretty laid back while "snacking" on them! :)

That is Linda giving her "the finger!" She was telling her to be nice, like that did any good! lol The other Wild Womenz just laughed when she talked about my Fat A**! From reading all this I have realized that y'all are happy she is talking about me and not y'all! Just keep hanging around her, she'll get on your Fat A**'s eventually! Linda used to be "not AS fat," but she has become family and is officially a Fat A** now too! Poor Melissa was a Fat A** the first time they met!

yeppie, she didn't even know my name yet and she called me a Fat A** and told me that me & Rita needed to go out do some laps around the loop!  She's nicer to me now though ;)

I think Mo should make and send regular batches of rum balls to Rita to help keep Mama in line.  (Don't you dare tell Mama I said so or she'll be on my Fat A**!)

:rofl: 

Marty, I am gonna try to hold back from telling her, but...it would be nice to have you join our family of Fat A**es! :) Mo has given me the recipe for the rum balls! :)

:rofl:

Marty, I am gonna try to hold back from telling her, but...it would be nice to have you join our family of Fat A**es! :) Mo has given me the recipe for the rum balls! :)

:rofl2:

Editing to add:  Wait, if I join the family of Fat A**es, does that mean youwill cook me those yummy meals too?  It might be worth being called Fat A** to eat like that!

:rofl2:

Editing to add:  Wait, if I join the family of Fat A**es, does that mean youwill cook me those yummy meals too?  It might be worth being called Fat A** to eat like that!

How do you think we got the Fat A's to begin with? Of course, you will eat with us!

I think this TR last was telling what happened on Saturday, so i will pick the story on Sunday morning.  Except i don't remember much of Sunday morning.  I think it was Sunday afternoon that Nicki insisted I have some Dayquil.  That did get me in good shape for Sunday evening.

That afternoon or evening, at some point, most of us headed over to Magic Kingdom.  They were open to 3am and some were planning to stay to closing.  I knew that I would need to help with driving home the next day, plus was still pretty sick, so I resolved to leave around 11pm.  Part of me still regrets that decision.

As we were walking down Main Street, I noticed a photographer who looked like the pictures of Dave Devores on FB.  I asked, "Is that Dave?"  Someone said No but someone else said yes.  Turns out, it was he!  He wasn't wearing knickers, but we did get a picture taken with him.  Hopefully, someone will post it.

From there, I think we walked through Cinderella's castle, as that was on my list of things I really wanted to do this trip. :)

I wish I had written down everything we did.  We rode the Carousel, Small World, Haunted Mansion, saw the Electric Parade.  We talked about riding Peter pan, but the line was too long.  We talked about riding Pooh, as I have never ridden it and am a big Pooh fan, but again, the line was to long.  And then suddenly, it was 10:54.  I agreed to take some stuff back to the campsite for Loretta.  And off I went.

The ladies had told me since it was so cold, I should take a bus to WL, and then change for a bus to FW, which would become a yellow bus at FW and take me right to our stop.  I confirmed these instructions before I left the ladies in MK.  Of course, as I headed for the bus stop, a very helpful (and woefully under-informed) cast member was there to make sure everyone got on the right transportation.  When he stopped me, I confidently told him my plan.  He told me that was all wrong.  I would need to change buses three times.  it would be much quicker to take the boat.  I explained to him that it was 40-something degrees out and I had the flu and I should stick to buses.  He told me no, I should definitely take the boat.

I am so grateful to know that I can always rely on Fiends to give me the best info.  I thanked him and went to my bus stop.  It may have taken longer, but I was much warmer and more comfortable on my buses.  And, as I am sure most of you know, i only had to change once.

I got back, brushed my teeth, built myself a little nest in the camper, and went to sleep. 

I forgot - we also went to the hall of Presidents!  I had never been, so they agreed to go with me.  Other than listening too much to one certain president, it was very informative.  I hope to take my children there someday soon.

I'll jump in...

At some point Sunday afternoon a few of us headed over to MK.  Ami and Jen needed to renew their APs and Yvonne, Gwen, Carol and I went along for the boat ride.  The plan was just to his Guest Relations and go back to the Fort, since some of us planned to head back to MK later that evening for the 3am late night.

Once the passes were in hand, Carol came up with the brilliant idea of trying to stalk TJ's bus. We knew he was working out of the AK hub, so we figured "let's give it a shot" and hopped a bus from MK to AK.

On the way we realized that our plan wasn't going to be quite so easy.  While AK's buses aren't as spread out as other parks, trying to spot every bus coming in and then potentially race off to meet up with that bus might be a trick.. Oh well, we'll hang out a bit and see what happens.

We got off the bus at AK and walked towards the first bus stop as you enter AK just as a bus was coming in.  We looked.... and looked... I leaned out to get a better look... hmm... kinda looks like TJ... then he smiled.

BUS DRIVER STALKING COMPLETE!

1604909_10203208778527457_1743090811_n.j

That was just too darned easy!!

Well since we were there and all, we hopped on TJs bus and rode the loop to Art of Animation then back to AK. 

Look, they really do let him drive!

46460_10203208840168998_1651696446_n.jpg

At that point Carol decided she was going to stay on the bus for a while and I decided to take a spur-of-the-moment jaunt over to EP for a caramel run. Yvonne planned to go do a little resort site seeing, but first gave me her "shopping list."

Gwen, Jen, Ami and I hopped the next bus to EP.  Ami, Jen and I felt like a nice walk and Gwen decided to take the boat over and meet us in Germany.  Unfortunately something held up the boat for a while so let us know that she was going to go hit Mouse Gears and we could meet her near Guest Relations on the way out.

$89 dollars later, I was carrying about 10lbs of caramel related goodies back out of World Showcase.  Someone mentioned that they were thirsty, and there just happened to be a margarita bar handy so... what better to wash caramel corn down with than a margarita!

12138559245_a179f4e976_z.jpg

We picked up Gwen on our way out and headed back to the Fort. On the way we got a text from the ladies that stayed behind that they were headed to MK.  A quick change for warmer layers and several of us headed over to meet up with the rest of the Womenz.

I'm with Marty in not remembering all that we rode that evening, but at some point Melissa let us know that Brent was in the park!  We eventually met up with him in Tomorrowland and dragged him with us on the PeopleMover.  Then we trapped him there for a 2nd ride around.  8)

We all rode Buzz Lightyear and then Brent escaped bid us adieu!  So glad I finally got to meet you in person, Brent.  :)

The rest of the night is pretty much a blur as Marty said.  I know from the very few photos I have that we did this...

12138945764_cb98cb8ca1_b.jpg

...and after doing Hall of Presidents at Marty's request, we watched this

12138551585_a401484788_b.jpg

...and then we watched these

12138808003_efbdc067e2_z.jpg

...and then we did... some other stuff.

Our group dwindled as the night went on.  I bailed around 2:15.  We were over in Adventureland and the few diehards left were planning to head back over to Space Mountain.  I was cold (I know, right??) and tired, and knew we had to be out of the camper early as they were picking it up by 10am.  So I pulled the "old lady" card and headed to the exit.

By this time it was super foggy out...

12138940324_25892d5077_c.jpg

12139188796_d27e34de8a.jpg

Little did I know that would make for an adventure when it came to getting back to the Fort as the boats were not operating due to the fog.

Hmm... what to do? what to do?

Like Marty, I relied on the knowledge I gained here on FortFiends to know that I'd take the bus to WL then switch buses to the Fort.

Well the boats being down threw a monkey wrench in transportation overall.  Eventually a bus showed up and luckily I was one of the first in line as it was packed.  The bus stopped at the Contemporary first (huh?) then went on to WL.  Thankfully the Fort bus showed up quickly.  There were a bunch of people waiting, including a pretty big group of teens that I gathered were staying in the 2000 loop.  As we all got on the bus, the driver asked us what loop we needed, explaining that "at this time of night, we're taxis." I think I finally got to the camper around 3:30 or so and quickly passed out.  I don't think I ever even heard the last few stragglers come in later on.

And thus Sunday ended early Monday morning.  :)

It's high time I added a little bit to this trip report. As I sit here listening to retired Marines try and figure something out. I did get a few pics from my phone uploaded to PB.

In absolutely no particular order, and definitely not in sequence with this report:

I think this is our last lunch at Trails End

20140120_134207.jpg

20140120_124859.jpg

20140120_124826.jpg

20140120_124819.jpg

Our time on TJs bus

20140119_162152.jpg

20140119_162052.jpg

Jen on a barrel

20140119_111114.jpg

20140119_111105.jpg

The first dinner after Yvonne and Jenn arrived

20140117_193117.jpg

My stop at the Florida Welcome Center

20140115_113657.jpg

My WWW socks

20140115_080632.jpg

My full truck

20140112_162348.jpg

20140112_162331.jpg

That's all I got from the phone.

there are a "very" few pictures on the camera, but that's back at home, and it will be a while yet before I get home.

I had forgotten that on Sunday morning, we went to breakfast at Trail's End.  Nicki and I went first.  This was probably when we felt the worst.  When we gave our name at the podium the sweet CM asked if we were sure we could climb the steps to get to the buffet.  We must have looked deathly.  That with the muscle aches making every move a turture made us look like the Golden Girls version of WWW.  LOL

I would have loved to have had breakfast at Trail's End when I felt well.  As it was, I only ate about 3/4 of a plate of food. I did drink lots of tea though.  Sweet Edsel, our server, kept me well supplied with hot water.  He even came out as I was leaving to say he hoped I felt better soon.:)

Monday, we got up early to get showered dressed, packed and all moved out of the trailer before 10am.  After that, we helped Carol take down the Party Tent. Then we decided to go to Trail's End for lunch, as Carol's pictures show.

From there, it was tearful goodbyes and the long drive home. :(

Wow. Great pix. It looks like y'all had such a great time. What an awesome experience y'all shared. Sorry to hear some of you got sick but I have a feeling most, if not all, of you would do it again even if you knew you were going to get sick. I hope one day my DW gets to have such a wonder trip with such wonderful WWs. I can't wait till the next WWW and the TR to follow. Thanks for sharing some of your trip with us.