Ok guys we have 17 days and 22 hrs before we are back to the Ft I was going over my dinning reservations and out of the 10 days we will be there, we have reservations for all but 2 nights for dinner. And 2 of the dinners are dinner shows. We don't have breakfast or lunch reservations because of our RV. My question to anyone is, does anyone stay at the Ft and use a dinning package? Do you find it worth wild?. We have never done a package because we will barbecue or make a sandwich. But this time we will be meeting friends for dinner for 4 nights. And then there is the cost, which I have no idea. It will be a matter of pen to paper. Thanks for any help

Whether it's worthwhile really depends on your budget, how/what you eat and how you like to tour when you're at WDW.

A couple of threads on the topic that might help...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/3884-an-assessment-of-the-disney-dining-plan/?hl=%2Bdining+%2Bplan

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/9604-dining-plan-or-not/

Dinner shows are usually the worst use of the dining plan because you have to use 2 credits. There's a spreadsheet floating around where you can enter where you're going to eat and some other info, and it runs the numbers for you. If you eat at only the most expensive restaurants, usually order the most expensive thing on the menu, and always order dessert, it can be worth it. In most cases, it's not.

See for Sil and I we do a sit down every dy just about and usually get a dessert. I also tend to eat a lot of steak on vacation so for us when we can afford it ahead it works. However the Tables in wonderland card worked out better for us last year with my AP

...the Tables in wonderland card worked out better for us last year with my AP

Once upon a time we saved a bundle with the DDP - but that was back when the appetizer and tip were included.

I crunched the numbers about a year ago and compared it to how we typically eat and what we'd save with a TiW card, and TiW came out way ahead - although that's partly because we use it for 2 trips over the course of a year.

We have used the dining plan the last two trips. I like it for the fact that when we get there I know all of our meals are paid for. I don't have to worry

about the food budget. It takes a load off of my mind.

But you can also do that by buying gift cards in advance. Then you have the freedom to eat how you want and use the leftover $ on the gift

card to buy stuff.

We did the TIW the last trip over New Years and will use it again on 2 more trips so with that we feel it works better for us. We did do the dining plan once while camping and did feel to much planning  and to much food, not a big fan of desserts with counter service but hey if it's included we took it.

Ok guys we have 17 days and 22 hrs before we are back to the Ft I was going over my dinning reservations and out of the 10 days we will be there, we have reservations for all but 2 nights for dinner. And 2 of the dinners are dinner shows. We don't have breakfast or lunch reservations because of our RV. My question to anyone is, does anyone stay at the Ft and use a dinning package? Do you find it worth wild?. We have never done a package because we will barbecue or make a sandwich. But this time we will be meeting friends for dinner for 4 nights. And then there is the cost, which I have no idea. It will be a matter of pen to paper. Thanks for any help

I just wanted to thank each and everyone for the wonderful advice about the dining plans. Since we only have 10 days left til we see Mr. Mouse himself, we decided this time we are going to write down everything we spend. Our travel agent told me Disney quoted a price of $1600. For two people and t believe you have to pay first. Well for this $1600 s quite a bit of money and we are going to pass. Now if we were staying, in a hotels things may have different. We are already paying over 125 a night then add another $16 to that. It gets to be a little out of hand. What happened to cheap rates at the Ft and more importantly, why they don't offer any Fl residence rate or pass holder rates. They do for the cabins, but not for the sites.

I just wanted to thank each and everyone for the wonderful advice about the dining plans. Since we only have 10 days left til we see Mr. Mouse himself, we decided this time we are going to write down everything we spend. Our travel agent told me Disney quoted a price of $1600. For two people and t believe you have to pay first. Well for this $1600 s quite a bit of money and we are going to pass. Now if we were staying, in a hotels things may have different. We are already paying over 125 a night then add another $16 to that. It gets to be a little out of hand. What happened to cheap rates at the Ft and more importantly, why they don't offer any Fl residence rate or pass holder rates. They do for the cabins, but not for the sites.

They don't offer discounts because they don't need to.

The new mind set is to jack up the rates, and leave them high.  They don't care if that means empty sites.  They are still making money.

I've reported this before- according to reliable source, the net profit from the Fort's operations in 2013 was the highest it's ever been.  Even though occupancy was significantly down from prior years.

Since that business model worked so well last year, they're pushing it even further this year.  Rates are high.  Occupancy is down.  But the bottom line is beautiful.  So no discounts.  Go away.

TCD