I've been looking at the Fort's rate chart and all I see are daily rates. I've read that some Fiends stay for weeks at a time. Does Disney offer weekly or monthly rates?

We stay for 4 weeks in December and there is no monthly or weekly rates.  In fact, while we are there, the rates change 3 times.  We are there in what Disney considers 3 different price times.  It is expensive and we know we could stay somewhere else much cheaper but we love the Fort so we save all year for it.  I also put the campsite charges on my Disney Visa which gives me, what my grandkids call, Free Money. 

I do the same for our annual passes.

Unfortunately, no, there are no weekly or monthly rates. There are sometimes AAA rates available

Just found out this visit that groups such as "Northern Pioneers" get a discount for stays of 30 day blocks. The rate appears to be the same as AAA, or close to it, but they do not fluctuate on weekends. Apparently they have formed a "club" and the club negoitates with WDW about rates. Once the rates are confirmed then each member calls the group reservation line and makes their own reservation. Since many appear to leave mid to late Feb I have a feeling that the discounts are only good until Spring Break or the Holiday rates kick in. (That's just my guess) Northern Pioneers have a $125 membership fee. There is also another "club", didn't get the name that has a $50.00 membership fee. Not sure if they have to have a minumum number of members making reservations, but probably so.

Since the weekend rates don't go up there appears to be some savings, but I'd rather just make Jason do the work. :rofl3:

Just found out this visit that groups such as "Northern Pioneers" get a discount for stays of 30 day blocks. The rate appears to be the same as AAA, or close to it, but they do not fluctuate on weekends. Apparently they have formed a "club" and the club negoitates with WDW about rates. Once the rates are confirmed then each member calls the group reservation line and makes their own reservation. Since many appear to leave mid to late Feb I have a feeling that the discounts are only good until Spring Break or the Holiday rates kick in. (That's just my guess) Northern Pioneers have a $125 membership fee. There is also another "club", didn't get the name that has a $50.00 membership fee. Not sure if they have to have a minumum number of members making reservations, but probably so.

Since the weekend rates don't go up there appears to be some savings, but I'd rather just make Jason do the work. :rofl3:

I want to meet the genius who started the Northern Pioneers.  That $125 goes right into his pocket!  Brilliant!

OK, I guess he had to pay for that covered wagon and stuffed Mickey Mouse.  But after that, it's all profit!

TCD

I want to meet the genius who started the Northern Pioneers.  That $125 goes right into his pocket!  Brilliant!

OK, I guess he had to pay for that covered wagon and stuffed Mickey Mouse. But after that, it's all profit!6

TCD

Not sure if there are any fees that DISNEY charges to register the group, also they may do some sort of newsletter. Didn't get any more details, but I do feel that the membership is a little steep also.

On a different note... when we were there last week, Disney said that they would reserve campsites IF you were with a large group (20 or more sites).  Of course..I was told this when I requested a specific (EMPTY) spot in the 1500 loop; I was told that a large group was coming in and would occupy 20 of the 21 sites in the 1500 loop.... this never happened and the site we wanted was empty for two days.  I kept asking people I met, if they were part of a large group...and each said no, single families only   >:(

As others have said, no discounts for extended stays for individuals except for the occasional AAA discount.

That means that if you stay over weekends/holidays, your rate can fluctuate day to day - sometimes by a lot.

This year we'll be there 3 weeks around Thanksgiving.  Our nightly rate will go up a few dollars on the weekends, and a BUNCH of dollars for the few days around the holiday. 

I know that for one of these groups, members have to commit to a minimum length of reservation during the specific time period (don't recall what it is).  This same group also limits their membership - in other words it's not open to just anyone as they are trying to keep the group from growing too big too quickly.

I have done a group reservation for the Fiends in the past.  I must say it is a big financial risk in doing so this way because the person who is in charge of the group is also financially responsible for the bill.  So, you are in charge of all the deposits and the final bill when it comes out.  I can attest that it is a big headache and one I would not venture to do again unless I won lotto and just could pay the bill myself.

I have done a group reservation for the Fiends in the past.  I must say it is a big financial risk in doing so this way because the person who is in charge of the group is also financially responsible for the bill.  So, you are in charge of all the deposits and the final bill when it comes out.  I can attest that it is a big headache and one I would not venture to do again unless I won lotto and just could pay the bill myself.

Agreed! It is a big PITA. The discounts used to be pretty substantial on group reservations, but no more.

Apparently there are "different" group requirements. I was told that in the case with the NP and the other club each person makes their own ressies, but under the group umbrella through the group reservationist. My neighbor, was with the other group (not NP) and he said that's how it worked, he just left (as did at least 3 other's who were in the 400 loop) or I would go and ask again. BTW the "leader" is in the 1300 so they don't all stay together. NP are also spread out in different loops.

Today had to be the "Magic date". We just got back from looping. Many empty sites in 1600-1900. The NP wagon is also gone and as I said earlier I know 3 from the other group in our loop also checked out today.

Unrelated, but how did everybody fare with those storms last night?  I live in Clermont, and it was pretty bad here.  Was hoping for no hail since my camper is sitting outside, as well as my truck. 

Apparently there are "different" group requirements. I was told that in the case with the NP and the other club each person makes their own ressies, but under the group umbrella through the group reservationist. My neighbor, was with the other group (not NP) and he said that's how it worked, he just left (as did at least 3 other's who were in the 400 loop) or I would go and ask again. BTW the "leader" is in the 1300 so they don't all stay together. NP are also spread out in different loops.

In my situation, there was everyone making their own reservations, but if they backed out and we went under the guaranteed amount of reservations I agreed to as the group "leader" then I was responsible for making up the difference. So, I was the henchman of making sure the reservations got made and paid.

Presidents' Day Weekend.

Disney ain't giving discounts for that.

Get out, NP's!

See you next year.

TCD

Yep, that has been the case for the last three years, the long term winter folks check out the Thursday before President's day, cause that's when the higher rates start! Up until this year WWW started on the Thursday before President's day.

Unrelated, but how did everybody fare with those storms last night?  I live in Clermont, and it was pretty bad here.  Was hoping for no hail since my camper is sitting outside, as well as my truck.

No problems here just lots of Spanish moss and leaves all over.

Yep, that has been the case for the last three years, the long term winter folks check out the Thursday before President's day, cause that's when the higher rates start! Up until this year WWW started on the Thursday before President's day.

Vas ist WWW?