Wow.

This is going to be bad.

I wonder where they're going to rope off the space for the parade and fireworks viewing?

For the parade, it is already bad without a space being roped off.  The route is short- just from the park entrance to the hat.  People have easily been 8-10 deep along the route.  Now, they're going to take a chunk of space and limit access to suckers guests willing to shell out $54?  Genius on their part.  Bad for the regular guests.

Fireworks viewing at DHS is bad.  There isn't much space around the hat.  And the main street will be wall to wall people.  Again, now a big chunk of space will be roped off.

Anything for a buck.

TCD

Could the use any of the CS restaurants for the dessert party like the MK? Would the Dockside Diner work? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it said on the blog you linked:  "In recent years, the show has become a bit more risqué, adding scantily-clad appearances by Slave Leia as well as many suggestive dance moves."   I was so highly o

Oh my!  I can see why TCD was so offended as to only see it 4 times, however, I do not want lil H and G to see it even once.  At least not for several years and probably not even then.   Say it ain't

This is a response from someone who is involved with SWW. Interesting read and makes you realize some things.   "As someone connected to the Star Wars Universe both inside and outside of Walt Disney W

Could the use any of the CS restaurants for the dessert party like the MK? Would the Dockside Diner work? 

If you click on the link for info in the blog post, they give you some details.  But, they still don't tell you where the viewing area is.

I think you're on the right track with Dockside Diner.

Guests are directed to check in there.

The details specifically say that there will be no seating in the area.

So, I think it's going to be in the area I marked here.  The motorcade passes by there, and that would be an OK spot to watch the fireworks.

DHSviewingarea_zpsd1bac71c.jpg

One thing really bad about DHS fireworks is that they close and empty the whole area of the park behind the hat.  So, that whole area between Star Tours and Toy Story, as well as the Little Mermaid area will all be cleared of guests and closed.

Think about what that does to the crowds in front of the hat.

Pretty bad?

It's worse that you can imagine.

Really bad.

$54 for a couple of cookies and a bottle of water and a reserved place to stand sounds pretty good.

TCD

The dock side dinner is the viewing area. I looked into this and that's what comes up when trying to reserve this. That and an $108 deposit for two people. Egads.

What weekend are you looking at?

I would imagine the price is going to be worth it for the Luke weekend.

TCD

I just picked a random date to see. Cant remember. I was thinking about doing it, but with the character dining already booked, Im not sure I could justify the cost for a place to stand. Ill just pick up a shift there pne weekend and get premo viewing back stage.

I just picked a random date to see. Cant remember. I was thinking about doing it, but with the character dining already booked, Im not sure I could justify the cost for a place to stand. Ill just pick up a shift there pne weekend and get premo viewing back stage.

Are you doing the breakfast or dinner? I hope you share some photos either way.

So, they let CM's stand behind the hat for the fireworks, but the guests have to clear out?

TCD

Are you doing the breakfast or dinner? I hope you share some photos either way.

So, they let CM's stand behind the hat for the fireworks, but the guests have to clear out?

TCD

Both. We are doing the breakfast and dinner.

And we can't stand behind the hat but there are other areas we can stand that guests aren't allowed.

Both. We are doing the breakfast and dinner.

And we can't stand behind the hat but there are other areas we can stand that guests aren't allowed.

I hope you get a CM discount on those meals!

And, I hope you take a lot of photos- they sound like fun.  But, I'm not enough of a fan to lay out the money.

Now, if they had that Leia and Padme from Hyperspace Hoopla at a character meal, that would be another story.

TCD

I hope you get a CM discount on those meals!

And, I hope you take a lot of photos- they sound like fun. But, I'm not enough of a fan to lay out the money.

Now, if they had that Leia and Padme from Hyperspace Hoopla at a character meal, that would be another story.

TCD

I believe that dining experience would be down the road at Mas Venus.

There was one other observation I meant to make about this.

In years past, the signature closing event for each Star Wars Weekend event was the Hyperspace Hoopla show.  There was no VIP area- it was first come first served-no extra charges associated with watching it.

Now, they have replaced that with a fireworks show, and are selling a preferred viewing area for $54.

Very greedy.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

SGC695134-613x484.jpg

For this year’s Star Wars Weekends we have four new unique Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Card designs to introduce! This year, Minnie has joined the boys as Princess Leia. These special new designs can be found at Darth’s Mall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends May 16 – June 15, 2014. Last year’s Star Wars Weekends Disney Gift Card designs can be found online at DisneyGiftCard.com.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/star-wars-weekends-2014-disney-gift-cards/

If dropping $54 for a spot to watch the parade and fireworks isn't enough for you, may I suggest the Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekend?

For a mere $499 (plus tax), you get:

• Premium seating for Star Wars Weekends shows at the Premiere Theater, such as Stars of the Saga—a Star Wars-themed talk show that’s as entertaining as it is surprising
  • Expedited access to attractions like Star Tours - The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Midway Mania! and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Private continental breakfast  at The Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Reserved viewing location during the Legends of the Force Motorcade
  • Table-service lunch at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

And more!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-weekend-vip/

May the force be with you.

TCD

Did you miss a decimal in there somewhere?? 

Seriously, look at what they've done to Star Wars Weekends-

They now have an overpriced breakfast and lunch with the characters.  And the reserved parade and fireworks viewing.  And now the $500+ deal (I think it would be just over $531 with tax.)

Regular guests surely will be shoved aside to make room for the people who have paid for the reserved viewing areas.

Nice.

TCD

Seriously, look at what they've done to Star Wars Weekends-

They now have an overpriced breakfast and lunch with the characters.  And the reserved parade and fireworks viewing.  And now the $500+ deal (I think it would be just over $531 with tax.)

Regular guests surely will be shoved aside to make room for the people who have paid for the reserved viewing areas.

Nice.

TCD

I have to believe these steps toward "pay to play" tiers will become more common at WDW.  I'd be really surprised if we don't eventually see a Premium FP++ that you pay for giving you better front of line privileges.  And maybe even some differentiation between perks at the Deluxe hotels vs Mod and Value, like better access to characters.  If there is a way to separate guests from more of their money, why wouldn't they pursue it?   

I have to believe these steps toward "pay to play" tiers will become more common at WDW.  I'd be really surprised if we don't eventually see a Premium FP++ that you pay for giving you better front of line privileges.  And maybe even some differentiation between perks at the Deluxe hotels vs Mod and Value, like better access to characters.  If there is a way to separate guests from more of their money, why wouldn't they pursue it?   

Yup.

There's a dessert party for the fireworks show at Epcot now. And that dumb after hours thing at some of the lounges.  And then they've got that Harambe night thing about to launch at AK.

Disney is going to way of the airlines- charging for extra things that used to be included.  There used to be night EMH's at AK.  Now you need to pay to be there after dark.

All along I've been asking why they would spend a billion dollars for the MDE program.  You have to believe that they spent the money so they could make much more money back on it.  There's nothing to stop them from giving a deluxe resort guest and extra FP+ or two.  Or just selling them outright for that matter.

Anything for a buck.

TCD

Inside the Magic is attending the first "Stars of the Saga" talk show at Star Wars Weekends.

They've posted some pics to their FB page already and I expect more photos and info will be coming...

Awaiting entrance into the first Stars of the Saga talk show at Star Wars Weekends. Little wait thanks to FastPass+!

10363354_10152018409817035_6616606769386

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic?fref=nf

Inside the Magic has posted an article with photos and video on the "Symphony in the Stars" which replaced the "Hyperspace Hoopla" show...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/05/walt-disney-world-replaces-star-wars-dance-off-with-tasteful-character-tribute-taking-star-wars-weekends-2014-seriously/

Excerpt...

Instead of ending each Star Wars Weekends 2014 day with Hyperspace Hoopla, a new show has been developed called Symphony in the Stars. It’s a finale not only filled with fireworks but also a brand new stage show that features the “Star Wars” characters in a respectful, tasteful way.

Hosted by James Arnold Taylor, voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in “The Clone Wars,” this new character tribute praises both the “Star Wars” franchise as well as its fans without poking fun or parodying any of it. The show begins by displaying fan photos taken throughout the day and tagged #swwfinale.

From The Main Street Mouse...

Storm Troopers Singing to Let it Go and other Faves at Star Wars Weekends! In Panda Vision!
May 18, 2014 | Author TMSM Avenger

Friend to TMSM BigFatPanda got this great video during the opening of Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Panda caught these funny Storm Troopers singing some favorite tunes, including the big smash from Frozen! Click below to check it out, and be sure to subscribe to Panda’s YouTube Channel while you’re there! Thanks and have fun!

http://youtu.be/M4HZUQAb69o

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2014/05/18/storm-troopers-singing-to-let-it-go-and-other-faves-at-star-wars-weekends-in-panda-vision/