• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it said on the blog you linked:  "In recent years, the show has become a bit more risqué, adding scantily-clad appearances by Slave Leia as well as many suggestive dance moves."   I was so highly o

Oh my!  I can see why TCD was so offended as to only see it 4 times, however, I do not want lil H and G to see it even once.  At least not for several years and probably not even then.   Say it ain't

This is a response from someone who is involved with SWW. Interesting read and makes you realize some things.   "As someone connected to the Star Wars Universe both inside and outside of Walt Disney W

These SW people are nuts.

As I was leaving HS at 12:30 in the morning, some whackos were arriving to camp out at the entrance.

And some had little kids. Geez, get a life, get a job, something.

At least they didn't have to pay to park.

At least the kids weren't on your lawn.

We hit HS at about 9-9:30am last Friday.  I actually expected the park to be a lot more crowded, but other than around the stage area, it wasn't bad.  We didn't walk all over though. We stayed pretty much on the right hand side of the park, from ToT to only about as far back as the backlot (ok, the backlot bar). 

We passed character meet and greets for Boba Fett and Darth Vader, and the lines didn't look horrid.

Definitely some interesting people floating around though!  8)

It would be lot softer than the cement their parents are making them sleep on tonight. And for what?

What do you mean for what?

They are standing in line to get a wristband, so later in the day they can stand in another line and meet a person who provides the voice of a Star Wars character in a cartoon.

Definitely worth it.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

And Disney's people have already been working with him.  He looks a heck of a lot better than he did before.  He is as pale as the Emperor in this pic.  

Mark+Hamill+Comic+Con+International+2012

I was kind of surprised he looks as good as he does, given the previous pictures.  I figured they would need to be preparing for the movie.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

01_ParksBlog_SWW5th_NewMerch.jpg-613x613

Being a long-time Star Wars fan, I’m delighted there is a fifth weekend for Star Wars Weekends this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This extra weekend takes place during Father’s Day on June 15, which is perfect since I regularly recreate a famous scene from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back with my son. Here is a brief look at some new items that you will find at Darth’s Mall, our merchandise location found between Toy Story Midway Mania and Studio Backlot Tour.

02_ParksBlog_SWW5th_OtherMerch.jpg-613x6

New items will include fun Darth Vader shirts, and some character T-shirts, a glass mug, and a spinner pin with characters from the upcoming Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels.

Other new items include a 3-inch Vinylmation set that was originally designed for Vinylmation – Star Wars series 2 (it contains a Jawa and R5-D4), and a limited edition, D-Tech on Demand case for iPhone 5/5S featuring Goofy and Max. You can also find a new Disney Theme Park Tagalong, featuring Jedi Master Yoda.

03_ParksBlog_SWW5th_MagicBands.jpg-613x3

For the first time, we will release two limited edition, retail MagicBands with pre-printed images (edition size 2,500 each). There will be a green retail MagicBand with Yoda’s image and a red retail MagicBand with Darth Vader’s image (colors were selected to match their light saber colors). Each retail MagicBand will be packaged in a decorative Star Wars Weekends box (you can use the free Aurasma app on your mobile device to make the box image come to life).

04_ParksBlog_SWW5th_VoteRacer.jpg-613x52

Finally to celebrate this fifth weekend, I would love your help in selecting the next Star Wars-themed Disney Racer that will be released in spring 2015. You may recall that we recently re-launched Disney Racers at Disney Parks. This is the first time we’ve asked our readers to select the next design to be made. When it’s released, the packaging for this die-cast metal car will have a “fan choice” call-out.

Please take a moment to vote for your favorite design from the list below. Voting will only be available for three days, June 9-11, 2014. We will reveal the winning entry on Friday, June 13, on the Disney Parks Blog.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/06/new-merchandise-coming-to-fifth-weekend-at-star-wars-weekends-from-june-13-15-2014-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/