Now this is some cool merchandise!

MCO994411-613x488.jpg

Today, I’m beginning a series of articles that will highlight the six boutiques coming to the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. You may recall last November that we announced this location that will serve as a testing space for new Disney retail concepts, shops and products. The first boutique I’m showcasing toady is Disney Centerpiece, which will contain home products for guests who want a splash of Disney in their everyday lives. I spoke with Dana Harchar from the Global Retail Development team about the hand-crafted display fixtures you will find in this location once the shop opens in a couple of months.

MCO994412THUMB.jpg MCO994413THUMB.jpg

“Disney Centerpiece will have an eclectic mix of display fixtures for the merchandise,” explained Dana. “The neutral color fixtures will have a well-loved and repurposed feel. I chose a few accent colors that compliment some merchandise created for this shop. Hand-made Hoosier cabinets will line the exposed brick walls. My teammate Bert McCumber printed three-dimensional models that we shared with the store operations team and other cast members working on this shop.”

The smaller fixture model shown above that resembles bench swings stacked on crates will house new decorative pillows. While speaking with Dana in her office, she showed me the computer image she created to determine exactly how many pillows that fixture will hold (she even included miniature Orange Bird pillows – awesome!).

MCO994414-613x423.jpg

The merchandise coming to this location looks amazing; it’s like they pulled these things directly from my brain!

MCO994415-613x613.jpg

There is an entire new collection of goods inspired by Adventureland and Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. I love the ceramic Orange Bird figure and the miniature ceramic Dole Whips! The home décor team also made several small plates containing artwork with my favorite word, “Aloha!”

MCO994416THUMB.jpg MCO994417THUMB.jpg

Several attraction posters from Disney Parks will be included on glassware, small plates and coasters.

Finally, there will be an entire line of retro-inspired merchandise featuring some of the themed lands found at Disneyland park in California or Magic Kingdom Park in Florida. I love the salt and pepper shakers that resemble ride vehicles from the Mad Tea Party attraction.

Look for these items and more when Disney Centerpiece opens at the Marketplace Co-Op in a couple of months. Select items will also be carried on our Disney Parks online store at a future date.

Which items are your favorites? Please share in the “Comments” below.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/spotlight-on-disney-centerpiece-coming-to-marketplace-co-op-at-downtown-disney-marketplace-in-2014/

And give me something not uber-tacky that I can actually use in my everyday life vs collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. Something that sparks a good memory instead of a need to break out the Pledge and/or make a trip to Salvation Army.

I gave up regular "souvenirs" a long time ago in favor of things like mugs, spoon rests, artwork, and one of my favorites, a butter dish from the France pavilion at Epcot.  In the camper we have a stylish clock, a nice throw on the bed, oh yeah and Mickey flatware.  8)

To each her own. I'm picturing myself drinking my morning tea from that Mr. Toad mug with a big smile on my face. Right now I have several dozen mugs and I only use one of the four Disney travel mugs to bring tea to work each day and at home I always use my Joy To The World mug that has pictures on it that remind me of It's A Small World. Mr. Toad will fit right in.

If that doesn't deserve a down arrow, nothing does.

Then apparently nothing does. Because anything that makes me happy, can't be deserving of a down arrow.

IASW provides me happy, nostalgic memories of the first time I enjoyed it in 1974.  And possibly I rode a version of it at the NY World's Fair, but I was only 3 when I went to it so I don't have a clear memory.   Up arrow for warm and fuzzy feelings.      :raspberry:

• 3 months later...

Marketplace Co-Op just opened and the Disney Parks Blog has posted photos...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/06/this-week-in-disney-parks-photos-marketplace-co-op-opens-at-downtown-disney/

One of the most picturesque places to hit up at Walt Disney World Resort this week was the brand-new Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney. As Steven Miller shared earlier, this location includes six boutiques of unique Disney Parks merchandise, including dedicated areas for Beautifully Disney makeup, D-Tech On Demand products, Zoey & Pickles girls’ clothing, and more.

We were shopping here Monday night. It was still boarded up on an earlier visit... We liked the stores. There were items we hadn't seen anywhere else. My DS found a replica of an old Mickey Bar sign. He didn't buy it then but decided he really wanted it. We made a special trip there as we are heading home so he can buy it... They were all out and wouldn't sell the display ones (there were 2)! He was bummed.

DW saw lots of Vera Bradley designs not in any other stores. Also some nice jewelry. The design your own phone cases looked popular. We were glad to get to see it open.

We were shopping here Monday night. It was still boarded up on an earlier visit... We liked the stores. There were items we hadn't seen anywhere else. My DS found a replica of an old Mickey Bar sign. He didn't buy it then but decided he really wanted it. We made a special trip there as we are heading home so he can buy it... They were all out and wouldn't sell the display ones (there were 2)! He was bummed.

DW saw lots of Vera Bradley designs not in any other stores. Also some nice jewelry. The design your own phone cases looked popular. We were glad to get to see it open.

Lou and his camels aside... it's nice to see some shops that don't have just the "same ol' same ol" in them.

Lou and his camels aside... it's nice to see some shops that don't have just the "same ol' same ol" in them.

Yes, I am looking forward to (window*) shopping there some day. I love (looking at*) Vera Bradley products.  

So I guess you could say 1,000 healthy camels couldn't keep me away. If everything has to be judged in terms of camels and their health status, which apparently it does. 

*words that can be omitted if I win the lottery

Disney Food Blog has also posted an article...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/06/10/news-disney-kitchen-goodies-at-the-new-marketplace-co-op-in-downtown-disney/

Some excerpts...

dole-whip-box-disney-centerpiece-407x625

Dole Whip Keepsake Box

However, you can lift off the lid and store a keepsake in the Dole Whip’s bowl.

dole-whip-box-disney-centerpiece-1-600x4

Dole Whip Keepsake Box

aloha-isle-hurricane-glasses-disney-cent

Aloha Isle Hurricane Glasses

adventureland-color-glass-tumblers-538x6

Adventureland Tumblers

adventureland-mugs-disney-centerpiece-2-

Adventureland Mug

disney-centerpiece-jungle-cruise-pilsner

Jungle Cruise Pilsner Glasses

disney-centerpiece-space-mountain-pilsne

attraction-poster-plates-disney-centerpi

Attraction Poster Plates

The Short Glass Tumblers have a few suprises. This picture looks like an assortment of several glasses; however, they are actually dual-sided. Choices include Mr. Toad and Alice in Wonderland, as well as Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion.

attraction-posters-short-tumbler-glass-d

Check out these 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Glass Tankards! It was easy to spot the giant squid.

20000-leagues-tankard-haunted-mansion-60

disney-centerpiece-mad-tea-party-salt-an

Mad Tea Party Salt and Pepper Shakers

mr-toad-figure-disney-centerpiece-1-575x

Mr. Toad Figure

magic-kingdom-map-stem-glasses-600x481.j

Magic Kingdom Map Stemmed Glass

magic-kingdom-appetizer-set-disney-cente

Magic Kingdom Map Appetizer Set

magic-kingdom-vintage-map-plates-1-445x6

Magic Kingdom Vintage Map Plates

magic-kingdom-trash-can-salt-and-pepper-

Trash Can Salt and Pepper Shakers

be-our-guest-plate-lumiere-disney-center

Be Our Guest Dinner Plate

be-our-guest-dessert-plate-grey-stuff-di

Be Our Guest Dessert Plate

disney-centerpiece-signs-for-sale-2-600x

Disney Signs and artwork

from DisneyDining.com

Brand New Downtown Disney Co-op Marketpace Tour
Posted by Disney Dining on June 21, 2014 in Uncategorized

Here is a video tour of the brand new Co-op Marketplace located in Downtown Disney courtesy of Big Fat Panda.

The Marketplace is 6 unique stores under one roof.  The new store is set up like a mini mall with “walls on wheels” to allow reconfiguration as needed whenever Disney wants to make adjustments or changes to the market.

The complete store list is below the video.

http://youtu.be/y65qbRPnyVs

If you have any issues viewing this video CLICK HERE

Beautifully Disney – makeup, fragrance and beauty accessories

Cherry Tree Lane – scarves, shoes, bags, watches and jewelry. Dooney & Bourke, as well as Vera Bradley bags will be carried here.

D-Tech on Demand – personalize and customize your own electronic accessories

The Trophy Room – vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles

Centerpiece – home products with a hint of Disney. Find glassware, coasters, pillows and more, based on Disney attractions.

Zoey and Pickles – girls’ clothes

http://www.disneydining.com/brand-new-downtown-disney-co-op-marketpace-tour/

I like this. I like the Disney crap they are selling, I like the store layout, and I hate shopping. I will go there and probably buy some stuff. It has FWGuys endorsement, which means a lot.

I like this. I like the Disney crap they are selling, I like the store layout, and I hate shopping. I will go there and probably buy some stuff. It has FWGuys endorsement, which means a lot.

Wow.  That IS an endorsement.

Now I need to put this on our List of Fun as an "FWG" Approved activity.