Disney price increases forces a change

Well my DW and I made a decision the other day partially based on the ever increasing prices at Disney. We purchased/were given a time share at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. As some of you may know I've been helping a close friends senior mother try to sell her timeshare. After almost two years of trying to sell it and us paying her maintenance fees for her she gave it to us. She couldn't afford the fees and I told her when she sold it she could just pay us back with proceeds from the sale. Basically two years of fees is more than its worth. She is tired of dealing with and She said if we paid all the transfer fees we could have it because we paid two years of fees for her. After crunching the numbers on how much we spend to go to Disney 14-21 days per year it was a no brainer. We will get a one bedroom condo next to the Caribbean Beach club for one week at Christmas or two weeks in the summer.

We are going to save a bunch of money each year. For example. This summer, June 1st-15th, if we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Club it would cost us $2315 for two weeks. Room only. If we were to stay in a comparable one bedroom with a kithchen like AKV it would cost us $8618.54. Even if we stayed at a value resort it would cost us $1773.62. And these price are the special offer prices:Spring vacation offer. Not the regular price.

It will cost us $758.90 to stay at Wyndham bonnet creek. A 3.5 or 4 star property. That's our annual maintenance fees. Which includes all housekeeping and fees. This does not take into account the money we will save by eating meals in the condo and outside of Disney.

Now I know a time share is not for everybody and we got a great deal but we we've stayed at the wyndham bonnet creek and love it. And since we make two trips a year to Disney it's worth it to us. I must admit its not the same as staying on property. it wont be as magical, sorry lou, but it does have a shuttle bus to all 4 parks, DTD, Universal, and Seaworld.

With Disney continually raising prices on food, resorts, and tickets we had to do something to offset the price hikes. We will probably still stay at an on site resort or rent an RV at the Fort since we come twice a year. Unless we can get a great deal on a room at Wyndham because we are now owners. I won't know what they charge to rent a condo since the paperwork is in process. We sent off the the Quit Claim Deed today.

We won't have the Magical express but with the money we will save can afford a taxi and we will have enough money to pay for at least two APs if not three APs.

While technically it's not on WDW property, geographically it is.

I'm not a big believer that you have to stay at Disney resort in order to have a magical great time.

There are about 4 times as many accommodations off property than on, so a lot people seem to be able to enjoy Disney without staying there.

You won't be immersed in all things Disney, but that may not be a bad thing.

Also, if you don't like the WDW transportation system, you may not like their transportation even more, it's just ok. I would want a car.

I have stayed at Wyndham at other locations and loved it.  Also, my daughter stayed at an non-Disney resort when she went with a friend in Jan. and they had a very magical trip.  I think you got a great deal and i hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Congratulations. You got a great deal. We still hope to see you at the Fort at Christmas. So happy for all of you.

Thanks. We are trying to get a campsite reserved for the 25th-1st or 2nd. Jason is working on it and he has the 25th so far and we've reserved Donnie's 5er and golf cart. So if all goes well we'll get to see y'all again. Remember you said I might get a waffle. But I really want a Kimberly hug.

While technically it's not on WDW property, geographically it is.

I'm not a big believer that you have to stay at Disney resort in order to have a magical great time.

There are about 4 times as many accommodations off property than on, so a lot people seem to be able to enjoy Disney without staying there.

You won't be immersed in all things Disney, but that may not be a bad thing.

Also, if you don't like the WDW transportation system, you may not like their transportation even more, it's just ok. I would want a car.

Ill actually miss the WDW transportation the most. We always say the moment we get to Orlando airport is when it feels like our vacation has started. On to the magical express and then to our resort. I am in my car all day so when I get to Disney I really appreciate the buses, the monorail, and the boats. Especially the boats.

I have stayed at Wyndham at other locations and loved it. Also, my daughter stayed at an non-Disney resort when she went with a friend in Jan. and they had a very magical trip. I think you got a great deal and i hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Thanks. This summer will be our first time as owners to stay at Wyndham. We really love all the amenities they have there. We will still be staying at the fort occasionally and at DVC resorts. We found a website were we rent owners points and it saves you a ton of money our booking the rooms through Disney. As a matter of fact we will be staying at AKV this summer for only $208/night. The company doesn't advertise on this page so and I'm not going to do it for them but if your interested in getting the info PM me and I'll share it with you.

WOW congrats I am sure you will enjoy it just the same!!!!!!

Thanks. I know we will. I was talking with DW about ways to make it feel more like Disney for our DD(9). Like having a few mickey balloons in the condo or brining her Disney stuffed animals. Well DD overheard us and said they've got the pizza restaraunt next to my favorite pool like at ASmusic. I think she'll be ok. Lol

Thanks. This summer will be our first time as owners to stay at Wyndham. We really love all the amenities they have there. We will still be staying at the fort occasionally and at DVC resorts. We found a website were we rent owners points and it saves you a ton of money our booking the rooms through Disney. As a matter of fact we will be staying at AKV this summer for only $208/night. The company doesn't advertise on this page so and I'm not going to do it for them but if your interested in getting the info PM me and I'll share it with you.

tell them they should advertise...