You can put a popup on any loop, but the "partial hookup" loops are generally designated for tents and popups.  If that's the level of site you booked, that would be the 1500 or 2000 loop.

You can find more info on them here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

And I'm sure folks who've stayed in them will be along to share their opinions.  :)

I stayed in a partial loop on my last trip to the Fort. It is MUCH louder there than the other loops when groups come in. Our first two nights were OK, but during the weekend, there were Boy Scout screaming until about midnight, and they started up again at about 6 AM.

It doesn't bother some people, but I would not stay in the 2000 loop again (on a weekend).

In all the years we had a pop up I never stayed in the "partial" hook up loops (as others have said, 1500 & 2000).  Even in a pop up I found we used too much water to contain without a sewer site.  Even dish washing and hand washing in the sink was too much.  Remember, you must contain all water when you are on a partial site and dispose of it in the bath house or in the sewer connection of a full service site.  No dumping it on the ground.  Like I said, too much hassle for me, it was easier to spend a few extra dollars and have the sewer connection. 

If you have never been there, the sewer connections at all sites are actually in a wee little sink in the ground......

SewerDrainWeb_small.jpg

We like the 2000 loop and have had no noise troubles in 3 trips.  The 2000 loop has more space and is nice towards the back of the loop.  The 1500 is smaller and seems more crowded to me, but it is closer to the pool.  We have also stayed in the 1400 and liked it as well.

We have stayed 1500 and 2000 in tents.  Not a big fan of 2000 at all.  Stayed twice in 2000 and both times had problems with noise late at night.   Too far unless you have a GC, we didn't.  1500 is a lot smaller but we have always liked it better.  Next time in pop up we may even go 1600 for the ease of not empting water at the CS.  You are at he Fort IMO can't go wrong anywhere!

• 4 weeks later...

We've stayed in preferred sites (before and after they re-categorized everything) and the 2000 loop.

The 2000 loop trip was during October when it should've been quiet. We had loud neighbors that included kids who thought flashlight tag through our site was acceptable behavior. Had to bust out my teacher voice on that one...

I'm not saying the 2000 loop is always like that, although I have heard some similar/worse stories, and I'm not saying that can't happen in the other loops. However, we won't be chancing it again.