• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG! I said the same thing as Lou again. Make it stop!

Very impressive.    NOW how do you two feel?? 

You are forgetting the double Dumbos.  Are you not appreciative??  There used to be just one set of Dumbos.  And now there are two sets....double Dumbos.  I would think you'd  be happy with that.  Jum

Aaron, Brian and I already talked about this. Next Disney trip (or maybe the one after) we will probably have a boys trip out of the bubble and a special girls day in the bubble. But it's easier for me because of the age gap. It looks awesome but paying for that on top of already going to Disney ouch. Why can't Disney get cool stuff like this.

This looks pretty sweet.

The prices for a one day park to park ticket however do not, plus would i need to buy the express pass or whatever they call it? Sigh....

Pre-WWoHP they offered some pretty good deals, including on the AP, but no more. At one time not too long ago, we were able to get tix through AAA for $99 that were good for both parks for 3 days. Those deals are long gone too.

On the plus side, you can pretty much do both parks in one day, although I wouldn't recommend trying it until the new HP stuff hubbub has died down.

Not for a while.

The year the WWoHP opened, it opened around May/June and we went in November.

It was still super busy, but at least you could get in.  In the early days they were maxing that part of the park out to capacity and making people line up outside the main gate and wait until there was room to let more people in.

When we went in November that year, it wasn't that bad, but you did have to wait in line outside the shop so they didn't max out the fire code.  That was pretty insane - waiting in line for an hour to buy stuff.  Also the Olivander's wand "show" had a wait of at least 60-90 minutes.

The line for the Hogwarts ride was long also, but it has such a cool queue once you're inside, that you really don't mind it all that much. It's one where I'd happily let people go by me just to stop and try and see as much as possible. That said, if the line is more than 60-90 minutes you're going to be waiting outside... where it can be really, really hot. 

Hopefully the new section isn't going to be quite as cramped, but I still expect it will be a madhouse through the summer and into the fall.

Big deal.

They are adding great new rides and a really cool train.

But they don't have Billion Dollar plastic wristbands.

Disney wins again.

TCD

But the New Fantasyland has some recycled rides, a mermaid attraction that is out of this world, an over priced mediocre restaurant, and of course, a gift shop. What else could you want?

But the New Fantasyland has some recycled rides, a mermaid attraction that is out of this world, an over priced mediocre restaurant, and of course, a gift shop. What else could you want?

Right.  You forgot the new two minute mountain ride.  Or maybe you're counting that a recycled ride-which I guess it is.

And when the huge crowds show up at Universal this summer, and there are long waits, Disney can point out that they are just as popular- and they can point to the guests waiting 5 hours to meet the princesses from Frozen and the long lines of guests waiting to ride the two minute kiddie coaster.

Did I mention the plastic wristbands?

Universal doesn't have plastic wristbands.

TCD

Right.  You forgot the new two minute mountain ride.  Or maybe you're counting that a recycled ride-which I guess it is.

And when the huge crowds show up at Universal this summer, and there are long waits, Disney can point out that they are just as popular- and they can point to the guests waiting 5 hours to meet the princesses from Frozen and the long lines of guests waiting to ride the two minute kiddie coaster.

Did I mention the plastic wristbands?

Universal doesn't have plastic wristbands.

TCD

You are forgetting the double Dumbos.  Are you not appreciative??  There used to be just one set of Dumbos.  And now there are two sets....double Dumbos.  I would think you'd  be happy with that.  Jump for joy for the damn double Dumbos.  

You are forgetting the double Dumbos. Are you not appreciative?? There used to be just one set of Dumbos. And now there are two sets....double Dumbos. I would think you'd be happy with that. Jump for joy for the damn double Dumbos.

Henceforth, please refer to them as dueling Dumbos. I heard a rumor that they were going to give each rider antique guns like the ones used by Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. One Dumbo will be referred to as the Hamilton and the other one the Burr. I know which one I will be riding.

Henceforth, please refer to them as dueling Dumbos. I heard a rumor that they were going to give each rider antique guns like the ones used by Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. One Dumbo will be referred to as the Hamilton and the other one the Burr. I know which one I will be riding.

Reminds me of one of my favorite commercials...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1_s0eWbaYI

Looks like Universal hands out some pretty sweet press swag too! Orlando Attractions Magazine just posted this to FB...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152378563834330&set=pcb.10152378569914330&type=1&theater

Orlando Attractions Magazine added 6 new photos.

We just received our invite to the media and VIP event for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando Resort. It's being held on June 17-20. This doesn't necessarily mean the grand opening will be on the 20th, but there's a very good chance of it.

Here's a look at the Gringotts gold bar, bank credit and Hogwarts Express ticket that were in our package. There's a good chance items like these will be for sale in the new area.

10355428_10152378563834330_8266170436942

10336764_10152378563654330_6747369956517

10298771_10152378563644330_3838633447131

1517428_10152378563829330_31217676205724

10321659_10152378563849330_1043457226998

10346221_10152378563804330_9092819873777

USA Today posted and article and video with an inside look at Diagon Alley and interviews with some of the people involved in the project...

http://www.usatoday.com/experience/america/theme-parks/diagon-alley-gringotts-wizarding-world-harry-potter/9125149/

Be sure to check out the photo gallery at the end.  The details in the buildings are just awesome.

From Inside the Magic...

Jimmy Fallon to bring “The Tonight Show” to Universal Orlando in June to help unveil the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley

Big entertainment is coming to Universal Orlando next month with the surprise announcement that “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” will be taping there, offering a preview of the Wizarding World of Harry PotterDiagon Alley.

New episodes of “The Tonight Show” will be taped June 16th through June 19th at Universal Studios Florida, featuring guests Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Tracy Morgan, and more.

Tickets will be released later this week on the show’s ticketing website. Interested fans should watch the show’s Twitter account, @FallonTonight to find out when tickets are available.

The taping dates partially overlap with the planned press event for Diagon Alley, which is taking place June 17-19, 2014.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headlines/jimmy-fallon-to-bring-the-tonight-show-to-universal-orlando-in-june-to-help-unveil-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-diagon-alley/

Another update from Inside the Magic with lots of pics and video, including photos showing the delivery of the fire breathing dragon for Gringott's...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/05/park-to-park-potter-progress-creatures-arrive-and-train-travels-as-universal-orlando-adds-more-magic-to-wizarding-world/