Started off this past Monday night and trying to find a place to go camping for my oldest daughter's 13th bday. She throws out the fort as her top pick but said I know we can't pull that off this weekend. So she makes some other choices. I immediately start trying to find an available site at the fort for this weekend. We already have a September reservation and have tossed around annual passes so I call WDW no sites available, I watch the website nothing. Tuesday night around 9-10 a site pops up and I get it for Thursday through Sunday. I call get AAA discount and we are set for a huge surprise for the kids, 13, 8, and 6 all of their bdays are within a month of each other so we decide the trip is for everyone. So I call back Wednesday and pull the trigger on annual passes so the surprise gets bigger! They come home from school Wednesday and I put three Mickey balloons in a box that is (from Disney store no less), with a note taped to the streamers that says we are going to disney.... tomorrow! Needless to say they went crazy! Oldest busted out in tears! Was a priceless moment for sure! We loaded up the camper and were on the road the next morning at 4:30am. We arrived at the fort and somehow scored a upgrade to a premium site. Went to MK their favorite and they had a ball, went swimming yesterday and beaches and cream last night. It was by far one of the greatest memories seeing them totally stunned going spur of the moment like we did! We just arrived home unloaded some stuff and I am trying to plan another trip, get a golf cart, and clarification on double towing to the fort from GA!

Shawn

GAFortFans..Shawn

What a great surprise. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. 

Love reading all these great reports, the hubby & I are going for sure in the next couple years for the first time.

You guys on here sure know how to make a place sound great.

Michelle,

If you have never been, don't go cause it is like a drug! Just kidding! You will love it! We have only been twice and it is by far the best campground I have ever been to! 

Michelle,

If you have never been, don't go cause it is like a drug! Just kidding! You will love it! We have only been twice and it is by far the best campground I have ever been to! 

I know. I'm afraid of that happening after all the great things I read about the Fort :) I'm getting a few things paid off this year so we can buy a Class A hopefully next year.

Then start saving for the Fort. yay

WOW nice job!!!!!!!! We were at Old Key West for a 3 day weekend and wanted to get over to the Fort. Got home and our 18 year old asked for all the info and said he hates working as it gets in the way for Disney trips. That will change I am sure when he is the one paying for them :rofl2:

WOW nice job!!!!!!!! We were at Old Key West for a 3 day weekend and wanted to get over to the Fort. Got home and our 18 year old asked for all the info and said he hates working as it gets in the way for Disney trips. That will change I am sure when he is the one paying for them :rofl2:

So, how was the trip?

Did you try walking over to Port Orleans?

TCD

So, how was the trip?

Did you try walking over to Port Orleans?

TCD

No, we were told that is not possible, we did do dinner at Olivia's at the resort which we did enjoy, even if the Yuenglng was not on draught. For Sat we ended up at Splitsville for dinner which we will plan to bowl the next time.

No, we were told that is not possible, we did do dinner at Olivia's at the resort which we did enjoy, even if the Yuenglng was not on draught. For Sat we ended up at Splitsville for dinner which we will plan to bowl the next time.

Not possible?

Come on, you were in Disney World.  Anything is possible.

Oh well, it sounds like you had fun, and it probably wasn't worth getting run over by a bus trying to get to Port Orleans.

I still have never been to Splitsville.  I just saw it for the first time on our most recent visit.  It looks like fun.  But, there's one in Tampa if I ever get the urge.

TCD

We may not ever stay anywhere else but the Fort! My kids don't want to go back to the resorts! Yes!! As soon as he forks out the money for a trip that will change! 

We're pulling the same surprise this Wednesday after school for our three kiddos, too. What a great trip for you guys, hope we have the same. We're loading up the motorhome Wednesday evening after we tell the kids and hitting the road early Thursday.

Take lots of pictures please.

Did they tell you that it wasn't possible, or that it wasn't practical and that it wasn't a wise thing to attempt?

Actually it was a bus driver that told us that, he said that there was not a SAFE path or place to cross the roads. He did suggest to use the boats but we did not feel like taking multiple boats plus the lines for the boat made the bus a better choice. We also decided we wanted to try Splitsville. And as they say if you heard it from a bus driver it has to be true :hah:  :smartass:

Actually it was a bus driver that told us that, he said that there was not a SAFE path or place to cross the roads.

For once, a good answer from a CM.

And as they say if you heard it from a bus driver it has to be true.

I've met you, Rennie. You appear to be a smart guy, well kinda smart, so I know you don't buy that for a minute.

• 2 weeks later...