Is Disney messing with the dining rezzies again?

I think it was late at night when I asked Jason to change the room for my cruise, and he answered back right away. LOL

Yep close to 10 pm but I am usually up till at least midnight. And even later a lot of days.

Sil gets up at 6 buy I usually wake up around 5. And my emails go to my phone right by the bed and for my customers I do 24 hour. You email me and you will most likely get and answer no matter the time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news!!! Well for me and DW and DD Couldn't sleep so I tried to book a reservation for O'Hana for our June trip. I was able to get a 5:10 rezzie for us but it's after DW cousin and nephew leav

My question also is....are Disney's IT people not competent enough to create a system where the invitation email includes a code only good for one use?  

Who would do such a thing? 

Jason, I kick myself in the arse daily for not using you, specifially now, you just wasnt there in the wee hours of the morning when Dave said booking and I didnt waste a second before taking his money...lol

my lack of patience is often my downfall, I'd love ANY day during the week of 10/6 - 10/10 for a party of 7.. still no luck trying to get the darn thing booked

Still trying for this too Judy. No luck so far. 

I received this in my TA emails yesterday and wanted to pass it on. 

Just a quick warning for those who have made a Be Our Guest FastPass Reservation for lunch without having received an emailed invitation. **As some of you may know, Be Our Guest is table-service for dinner requiring reservations, but is counter-service for lunch. A website address has been passed around online to reserve FastPass, quicker seating for this counter-service lunch.

Guest have been turned away this week at the Magic Kingdom because they made their FastPasses through the "backdoor" webpage. In order to have a FastPass, you must have been sent an invitation to do so by email, and if you made a FastPass Reservation without being invited, you'll be sent into the regular line.

Disney's official policy on this is that guests should not be making FastPasses without having received the emailed invitation. If you haven't received an invite, the standby line moves very quickly and the food comes fast.

I guess it would be hard for them to control the number of FP for it if eveyone is using the link even though they werent given it by Disney. Now the real question is how is Disney deciding who gets the link. 

My question also is....are Disney's IT people not competent enough to create a system where the invitation email includes a code only good for one use?  

I know they can do it, because their email discount codes are person specific.  I received one the other day, but somehow their information is messed up, because after clicking on the link and putting in my last name and zip code, it states it's invalid, so something is wrong in their system :(

I know they can do it, because their email discount codes are person specific.  I received one the other day, but somehow their information is messed up, because after clicking on the link and putting in my last name and zip code, it states it's invalid, so something is wrong in their system :(

They absolutely can and probably will now that they realized this was happening. They are just a little slow on the tech side. LOL now that's an understatement. 

Um... my company's software engineering department is current 2 developers and an intern and I know they can pull that off.  8)

apparently they didnt think people would share the email address. sigh. 

Hahahahaha... yeah, because no one has ever shared any of their "not for the general public" phone/fax numbers or email addresses before.

I really do wonder who's running the technology show there sometimes.

Who would do such a thing? 

Thanks Kelly.  Now I have to tell my family that the fast pass reservation I made for Tuesday is null-n-void.

Should I still attempt it?  It is my vacation after all.  I'm entitled to some magic.  How dare those Cast Members tell me I cannot have it.

Jeff

Thanks Kelly. Now I have to tell my family that the fast pass reservation I made for Tuesday is null-n-void.

Should I still attempt it? It is my vacation after all. I'm entitled to some magic. How dare those Cast Members tell me I cannot have it.

Jeff

I'd still try and just wait in line if asked for the email. Or you might get lucky... I got my email a couple days before going.

Great news!!! Well for me and DW and DD

Couldn't sleep so I tried to book a reservation for O'Hana for our June trip.

I was able to get a 5:10 rezzie for us but it's after DW cousin and nephew leave. But hey at least we get to eat there...O'HANA

You can't have it.

Touché...

I'd still try and just wait in line if asked for the email. Or you might get lucky... I got my email a couple days before going.

Yeah, but I'd hate to end up in a TCD trip report being the family that clogged up the FP+ line.

I'll keep checking email.

Jeff

I received this in my TA emails yesterday and wanted to pass it on. 

Just a quick warning for those who have made a Be Our Guest FastPass Reservation for lunch without having received an emailed invitation. **As some of you may know, Be Our Guest is table-service for dinner requiring reservations, but is counter-service for lunch. A website address has been passed around online to reserve FastPass, quicker seating for this counter-service lunch.

Guest have been turned away this week at the Magic Kingdom because they made their FastPasses through the "backdoor" webpage. In order to have a FastPass, you must have been sent an invitation to do so by email, and if you made a FastPass Reservation without being invited, you'll be sent into the regular line.

Disney's official policy on this is that guests should not be making FastPasses without having received the emailed invitation. If you haven't received an invite, the standby line moves very quickly and the food comes fast.

Jason-

Did this email supposedly come from Disney?  It doesn't sound like it.  Disney doesn't use the term "counter-service."  They use "Quick Service."  Also, the references to Fastpass should be to FastPass+.

I call BS.

I have received many special offers from Disney over the years. They certainly know how to limit unauthorized guests from trying to use a limited special offer.  If they didn't want guests to use the website address that has been passed around, they could shut it down in a heartbeat.

Touché...

Yeah, but I'd hate to end up in a TCD trip report being the family that clogged up the FP+ line.

I'll keep checking email.

Jeff

No worries.  I won't be there then.

I say go for it. Let you party know that the FP+ reservation may or not work.  I would bet that it works.

You would be doing us all a service by checking.

TCD

I copied and pasted from my agencies Facebook page. This was reported to the owner when clients of his tried to check in and were denied. Not Disney sent but I felt the warning it was happening should be shared and it waswordedbetter there than in the email he sent us.

I copied and pasted from my agencies Facebook page. This was reported to the owner when clients of his tried to check in and were denied. Not Disney sent but I felt the warning it was happening should be shared and it waswordedbetter there than in the email he sent us.

OK.  I appreciate your sharing it.  So, the communication is not from Disney, but from travel agent to travel agent.  It may be true.  Or, it could be wrong.  These clients who allegedly got turned away may have screwed up the reservation or something.

I don't believe it.

It's not exactly easy to get a FP+ for BOG at lunch.  If you're a resort guest, and link your reservation, and navigate your way through the site and get a BOG FP+, I think it's going to work.  It worked for me in March.  As I said, if Disney wants to shut down access, they easily can.

TCD