Freedom from the Polar Vortex... The GDF family sails RCCL

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so for the record they are definitely not JORTS. No self respecting university of Georgia fan would ever wear JORTS.  I personally think that this was simply a ploy to get me to post and defend mys

Further proof  

What's wrong with Jorts? I own a few pair. I wear jeans in the winter and shorts the rest of the year. Sometimes Jorts. Not the ones shown on the magazine cover and not in Florida, it's to humid. Do

Skeeball!!!!! 

I LOVE skeeball!!!

I'm thinking drunk skeeball would be even MORE fun!

I agree! Jason and I missed an opportunity there. 

In my next Lou voice, again...

Hey knuckle head. Didn't you read my entire post? I said I wouldn't pay $39 also. I was simply letting some people who may not know the difference between the two.

I also said I take one bite of lobster and give it to my DW. I love it but it doesn't love me.

I'm also allergic to shrimp and crab. But I'll sneak a small shrimp off of my DW's plate. One won't kill me but 4 or 5 might. lol.

I love seafood, so I would be really sad. You are living on the edge though. 

Nothing makes a vacation more special than anaphylactic shock in the middle of the ocean. 

Right? I don't know.... Z busting his teeth made for fun times too. 

Thanks for the hint.

You were right to not post those photos.

I'm sorry that I looked.

TCD

See? I warned you. 

That happened to my brother in Las Vegas. Fortunately his wife keeps an Epi pen in her purse. He can't even be in a room where they are cooking any sort of crustacean.

It's funny my father was allergic and 4 out of 5 boys, my son, most of nephews, and even my brother who's not allergic has two boys who are.

But not a single female in our family is allergic.

Strange isn't it?

Proof that women are superior! 

1. Apparently it was officially a party when the dudes end up in the ladies attire.

2. I looked. Not sure that was my best decision of the morning :D

Drunk skeeball on a potentially rocking vessel. New Olympic sport?

Ha ha ha! And yes, it was. I forgot to mention that there were bonus points for makeup and jewelry. 

Hi Kelly!!

I'm way behind because of Gettysburg.

Anywho, we watched quest on our honeymoon, I'm surprised waivers aren't signed before. People get crazy !!

Love the family pics and your selfie with puss and boots!

It's OK that you're behind. Thanks for reading! 

I was also surprised that they told people to get their cameras out for pictures, no photo ban. 

Oh fine, I'll come out of lurking and respond  :raspberry:  It's been a great report so far! We were on the Freedom this past October. It was our first Royal and have done 4 DCL. We prefer to stick with DCL but still had a nice time!

Your balcony is amazing! We usually book last minute and are not able to select our room. Your view and space is really making me want to book our next far in advance and select an aft balcony. Love it!

Yeah! So glad you did! Booking last minute gets you some deals though. That's what I'm going to have to do when I sail DCL. 

Aft balconies, especially corner afts ROCK. 

Well, I wonder if they'll have the Quest on our Grandeur cruise?  If so, I'll have to be sure to steer my 91 yr old mother in the other direction. LOL 

I bet they will. But will your 91 year old mom be up that late? If so, it's easy to avoid. But you should go. It's FUNNY. 

I wouldn't pay for the whole lobster either. Mainly because I'm allergic

But usually the lobster tails Restaurants serve come from the spiny lobster the kind you can get down in the Keys during lobster season. It doesn't have claws. IMHO Maine lobster tastes a lot better. Maybe it's the cold water or something.

My DW loves lobster night on cruises. She always gets my lobster after I take one tiny bite.

The cruise with the band I went on was actually their second. They had gone 3 years prior. On that trip, one of the guys tried lobster for the first time. As his throat started closing shut, he realized he must be allergic. Oops. It all worked out okay.

I've tried lobster a couple of times (once on a cruise and once at local place. I'm not a fan, although I love some lobster pizza from Red Lobster.

Kelly, I know DIT's trick and used it to view all your Quest photos.  I have to say your Quest looks tame compared to some I've experienced!  Quest on the smaller ships where all the team members can more freely participate are much more risque.

So better late than never I guess.  I do want to post on here since I have been a topic of some of these discussions. :)  As you probably already know my wife is somewhat of a hyper planner and I am somewhat the opposite.  I have been enjoying her trip report a lot.  It makes me miss our trip.  I want to give credit where credit is due and PUBLICLY thank my wife for an unforgettable cruise and an unforgettable anniversary.   I know I'm a pain in the ass and so are you.  haha   I love you tho.  and for everyone else. Glad to meet you guys ad definitely don't hold back for me

So better late than never I guess.  I do want to post on here since I have been a topic of some of these discussions. :)  As you probably already know my wife is somewhat of a hyper planner and I am somewhat the opposite.  I have been enjoying her trip report a lot.  It makes me miss our trip.  I want to give credit where credit is due and PUBLICLY thank my wife for an unforgettable cruise and an unforgettable anniversary.   I know I'm a pain in the ass and so are you.  haha   I love you tho.  and for everyone else. Glad to meet you guys ad definitely don't hold back for me

Oops sorry for the double posts.  I am using a MAC with Safari and it is doing some strange things.  then again I am learning about it

Good update even if it was short.....i will refrain from looking at the bonus pics.

You could handle it. 

The cruise with the band I went on was actually their second. They had gone 3 years prior. On that trip, one of the guys tried lobster for the first time. As his throat started closing shut, he realized he must be allergic. Oops. It all worked out okay.

I've tried lobster a couple of times (once on a cruise and once at local place. I'm not a fan, although I love some lobster pizza from Red Lobster.

A cruise wouldn't be the best time to figure out you're allergic. Well, I know they had 2 doctors on board and Red Lobster has none, so maybe it would be a good place actually. 

I'll eat your share of lobster, OK? 

Kelly, I know DIT's trick and used it to view all your Quest photos.  I have to say your Quest looks tame compared to some I've experienced!  Quest on the smaller ships where all the team members can more freely participate are much more risque.

It was really good clean fun, just some men in drag. There was a bit of nudity with some changing, but nothing really bad. I have an image to maintain though, you know? Ha ha 

Looks like the show was a blast! I'll refrain from looking at the unlisted pictures.

It was!!!! 

It is Ok.  It appears that it takes me longer to login then it does for her to write this TR.  LOL   

Hi, honey! You know I talk a lot, write a lot, and loooooooove vacation. Writing about vacation is way more fun than my dissertation! 

Hey! Glad you could join us. Lol

Right? Yay, Jason is here!

Jason is in the house!

Woot! Woot! 

THX  better late than never

Very true!

Hey Kelly's Jason is here.

Does this mean we have to behave now? No more talking about him?

Nah, he's really been reading the whole time. 

Woohoo I think :)

Yes, whoooo hooo! And Go Dawgs! 

no you can still talk about me I read them anyway  haha.

You KNOW I will! 

Jason is also talented. He posts for the first time and already has attracted the ghost of KFK

Right? 

I see you are working on boosting your post count.

We have a shameless thread for that you know. :rofl2:

:rofl3:

Awwwwwwwwww.... you're earning brownie points. It was fun; that's why I'm enjoying writing about it. And our anniversary was awesome, but they haven't read about it yet. (Tease.... we go to a specialty restaurant, and it was fab)

Now if I could just get you to realize that you DO like Disney....

Don't fall for it Jason.  And don't worry about not fitting in around here.  There are several of us who hate Disney.  Embrace your inner mouse hate.  

Liar, you don't hate Disney. Well actually, you hate everything, but you hate Disney less than most things. 

It's all yours.

Yay!!!