Freedom from the Polar Vortex... The GDF family sails RCCL

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so for the record they are definitely not JORTS. No self respecting university of Georgia fan would ever wear JORTS.  I personally think that this was simply a ploy to get me to post and defend mys

Further proof  

What's wrong with Jorts? I own a few pair. I wear jeans in the winter and shorts the rest of the year. Sometimes Jorts. Not the ones shown on the magazine cover and not in Florida, it's to humid. Do

Page 18 bragging rights!!  :jumpforjoy

Kidding of course.  We've been crazy busy and I haven't tuned in to any TRs until this afternoon and thanks to you, I just killed over 2 hours at work!  (Don't tell my boss!)

Awesome report!  It really makes me want to go on another cruise, and to do it soon.

Random thoughts:

- The water there is amazing.  It's unbelievable to me that water so clear exists naturally at all.

- I love Z wearing a Mickey shirt while playing with the dolphins - just thought that was cute.

- It looked like you had a hidden Mickey in your caprese salad at dinner one night. 

- Speaking of food, it looks like it was really good!

- Labadee looks amazing.  I am definitely one who would risk life and limb to do the zip line and the coaster.  I'm sure my whole family would so it would cost me an arm and a leg, but it really looks like a blast.-

- Love the verandah!!

- Love the underground river!!

- And finally, I too made the mistake of peeking at the rest of your pictures.  Men in women's underwear is something I had not planned to see this afternoon.  I think I'm scarred for life.

Thanks for posting such an awesome report!  Can't wait for the rest!

Oh.

Got it.

Nope, those aren't jorts at all.

Definitely just plaid swim trunks.

Nothing to see here folks.

Please move along.

wink

TCD

Ok so for the record they are definitely not JORTS. No self respecting university of Georgia fan would ever wear JORTS.  I personally think that this was simply a ploy to get me to post and defend myself.  Of course it apparently worked so  kudos.    anyway.  I do think that I have to at least send a proper response so 

So in closin', I wanna leave you again, with the Gators chant that I just love:

One, two three fo' five! Then the Gators don't take no jive!

jorts.jpg

As that great philosopher, Meatloaf, once said:  "Four out of Five ain't bad."  Or something like that.

TCD

If he were referring to Z, he would have said 5 out of 5 is AMAZING!

One more to 350, beautiful pictures

Thanks! And I can't believe it! I might be famous. Almost. OK, not really. 

Great pictures that place looks really neat to visit

Ok one more post for 350 who wants it?

It's a great place to visit! And....

I do! 

Dave wins!

Wait its 350 replies not Posts. It's Mine!

Or he doesn't! 

Ok...i was wrong about the jorts.

Yes, you were. Thanks for admitting it. 

Were you, though?

They don't look like plaid swim trunks to me.

They look like jorts.

And, I am a qualified expert on the subject.

Go Gata.

TCD

They aren't plain swim trunks. They're Old Navy board shorts. 

Page 18 bragging rights!!  :jumpforjoy

Kidding of course.  We've been crazy busy and I haven't tuned in to any TRs until this afternoon and thanks to you, I just killed over 2 hours at work!  (Don't tell my boss!)

Awesome report!  It really makes me want to go on another cruise, and to do it soon.

Random thoughts:

- The water there is amazing.  It's unbelievable to me that water so clear exists naturally at all.

- I love Z wearing a Mickey shirt while playing with the dolphins - just thought that was cute.

- It looked like you had a hidden Mickey in your caprese salad at dinner one night. 

- Speaking of food, it looks like it was really good!

- Labadee looks amazing.  I am definitely one who would risk life and limb to do the zip line and the coaster.  I'm sure my whole family would so it would cost me an arm and a leg, but it really looks like a blast.-

- Love the verandah!!

- Love the underground river!!

- And finally, I too made the mistake of peeking at the rest of your pictures.  Men in women's underwear is something I had not planned to see this afternoon.  I think I'm scarred for life.

Thanks for posting such an awesome report!  Can't wait for the rest!

I will NEVER tell! Thanks for joining. I try to have a little Mickey in most things. I'm going to have to check that salad. One of Z's favorite things is finding hidden Mickeys. 

I don't regret the coaster and plan to ride it again. I'm sure my brother will have Jason talked into the zip line before we go. I'm not that brave!

Most of the food was very good. I've called them out when not. 

The veranda was more than I had even imagined. I'm already excited about having breakfast and pre-dinner drinks with my mom and brother there in 19 long months, so that says something. 

I dont think I was, but that was me being nice. Ssh....

Hater. 

Oh.

Got it.

Nope, those aren't jorts at all.

Definitely just plaid swim trunks.

Nothing to see here folks.

Please move along.

wink

TCD

:barf:

I'm lovin these pictures and your report!!

Thanks! 

Ok so for the record they are definitely not JORTS. No self respecting university of Georgia fan would ever wear JORTS.  I personally think that this was simply a ploy to get me to post and defend myself.  Of course it apparently worked so  kudos.    anyway.  I do think that I have to at least send a proper response so 

jorts.jpg

Ha ha! That's still funny. 

What's wrong with Jorts?

I own a few pair. I wear jeans in the winter and shorts the rest of the year. Sometimes Jorts. Not the ones shown on the magazine cover and not in Florida, it's to humid.

Do people in Georgia, and Florida not cut off there old jeans into shorts?

Or do floridians and Georgians not wear jeans.

What's wrong with Jorts?

I own a few pair. I wear jeans in the winter and shorts the rest of the year. Sometimes Jorts. Not the ones shown on the magazine cover and not in Florida, it's to humid.

What's wrong with Jorts?

Ray, if you can't see what's wrong with that picture, you have more problems than I can help with. Do you wear wife beater tank tops with your jorts too? If so, you should probably move to Gainesville. 

And yes, people in GA wear jeans. LOL

jorts.jpg

Heck yes I baited you to make a post.

And it worked!

And you did an excellent job.

You even got that famous chant (that no one I know has ever heard before the Hon. Corrine Brown shared it on the House floor) almost right.  One minor correction- it's "then the Gatas don't take no jive."  You said Gators.  But still, you did good.

I have never seen Jorts Illustrated, so thanks for sharing your copy.

I also never knew that Timmy's belly button was pierced. I was surprised to see that.

One of these days, I need to meet you and Mrs. GDF.

It kind of bothers me a little that you have a copy of Jorts Illustrated.

Further proof

E78F56DD-DDC5-43B0-9043-6C65AA5B946A.jpg

Wow.

A little touchy, are we?

Taking off your drawers and taking a photo?

Yikes.

Sorry, but this proves nothing.

You were not wearing those trunks in that photo.  You were wearing jorts.

Own it.

What's wrong with Jorts?

According to all the fans of inferior schools who are jealous of the University of Florida (and I think that is everyone except members of the Gator Nation), Gator fans wear jorts and crocks.

This harkens back to the not distant past when UF routinely pounded the University of Georgia and FSU in football.  The fans of those schools couldn't criticize the team that was consistently beating them, so they instead criticized the fan base.

The funny thing is that I have seen more jorts worn by FSU fans at their games then I have at The Swamp.

And people from Georgia calling out Floridians for being rednecks?  I can't think of anything more ironic. 

TCD

OK, now that we’ve settled the jorts debate, and the right side won when it was proved that Jason WAS NOT wearing jorts, let’s move on to the rest of the evening.

We arrived back at the ship. The Navigator was still with us.

IMG_3343.jpg

We headed up to the room.

View of Cozumel from our balcony

B601EEF1-BEB6-4CD4-8D0F-D1B3F73AC5D9.jpg

Our friend

1C2C449D-61D6-4474-8E05-48F4C4B9527E.jpg

It was PJ night in Adventure Ocean, and they had some fun activities planned like decorating a pillow case to bring home (free!).

We went to Windjammer to eat. We figured it would be faster, and we didn’t have to get dressed up.

Here’s the food schedule/options for the day.

91F2439F-AEAF-4D52-828A-4E50A853FEF6.jpg

PJ boy

6174882B-1795-4F14-9955-C56437B2F6EC.jpg

Pretty view tonight

6501FBE9-1861-44CB-B825-C6AE35DFADB0.jpg

Jason’s monstrous salad  

D291A60F-3E00-42C6-94F2-9AD89BFEF73D.jpg

I tried to take some pictures of the buffet, but I didn't do a very good job taking pictures of the really good stuff.

Although the cheese rolls in this picture are pretty much like crack.

478F93EC-598F-48C8-BD98-46130E556F30.jpg

E885723E-CC04-4BFA-9943-50EC7CA768A6.jpg

There were always 3 kinds of soup… one was usually a cold fruit soup.

D16324C4-FEC7-4D66-8548-89C8B29BCBA9.jpg

Carving station

03921622-9F7D-4AE9-B17B-152055E0B218.jpg

Sushi

7996630D-E2AC-4B99-AEA1-753219AFD65B.jpg

So that’s about 10% of the Windjammer buffet and not really the good parts. Sorry about that. By the time I hit the good parts, I had 2 plates (one for me and one for Z).

We set sail while we were there. Here’s a weird looking Norwegian ship.

IMG_3346.jpg

And our tail, the Navigator

IMG_3348.jpg

We dropped off Z and headed out.

We hadn’t been to the wine bar yet, so we decided to go there. It was really pretty. But empty.

Feels crowded.

E78D9CA6-3893-4BD3-BB6C-3F4C5F728D90.jpg

There was a huge wine selection

299FAB5C-AB16-4727-A9B9-EDDAFE73F423.jpg

And comfortable seating. What’s the problem?

4F595EE0-CD12-4C90-97A2-A315BAEF62FC.jpg

We quickly figured out why. There are not many wines in the wine bar that are $12 and under. Now, I’d read about people on some ships being able to just pay the difference. For example, pay $2 for a $14 glass of wine. Not here. Apparently that policy is not a fleet-wide policy. That’s stupid. I’d also read about some people being able to use their drink package to buy the 2 oz. tasting pours if they were under $12. Not here. OK, I kind of get that… maybe. So that’s why this place was empty. That and the service was awful. It was the only bad service we received on the ship. The guy brought Jason some wine that he told us was really over the limit, but then he never told him what it was or anything about it. Not good.

We didn’t stay long.

We went somewhere else and posed with this guy.

A30BE798-707E-4D7F-8323-7B22EE6AA431.jpg

And then went up to Olive or Twist to listen to a band that our bartender buddy Agnes recommended.

6D5AE0F5-B730-4077-A58B-36F76F745CBB_1.j

When we left, they were setting up the 70s party. But we were tired. It had been a long day. And we knew Z would be tired too.

18FDF86C-B567-4CC1-9641-2530DC6C15BB.jpg

24B86779-B93F-45ED-B52C-4D5B2726A923.jpg

So we picked up Z and headed back to the cabin.

I took this picture to show you the long walk to our aft cabin. But hey, I ate like crazy and didn’t gain weight, and the view was worth it!

E37D4AB9-5F41-493F-BAC2-CC1D9FBF2A64.jpg

When we got back, this guy was waiting.

CD797F38-8D4A-4151-B054-CFEF438B4AA6.jpg

Z passed out quickly, and we decided to order room service. I got the steak sandwich.

B53D272B-C334-4599-97FF-9FBF58705DBF_1.j

And Jason got the burger which he then figured out was the Johnny Rockets burger. I think the onion rings on my sandwich were from there too.

That’s all for Friday. Tomorrow is our last day, a sea day. It’s also Jason’s and my anniversary! We’ll make the best of it with some pool time, the ice show, and a specialty restaurant dinner. Stay tuned! 

Heck yes I baited you to make a post.

And it worked!

And you did an excellent job.

You even got that famous chant (that no one I know has ever heard before the Hon. Corrine Brown shared it on the House floor) almost right.  One minor correction- it's "then the Gatas don't take no jive."  You said Gators.  But still, you did good.

I have never seen Jorts Illustrated, so thanks for sharing your copy.

I also never knew that Timmy's belly button was pierced. I was surprised to see that.

One of these days, I need to meet you and Mrs. GDF.

It kind of bothers me a little that you have a copy of Jorts Illustrated.

Wow.

A little touchy, are we?

Taking off your drawers and taking a photo?

Yikes.

Sorry, but this proves nothing.

You were not wearing those trunks in that photo.  You were wearing jorts.

Own it.

According to all the fans of inferior schools who are jealous of the University of Florida (and I think that is everyone except members of the Gator Nation), Gator fans wear jorts and crocks.

This harkens back to the not distant past when UF routinely pounded the University of Georgia and FSU in football.  The fans of those schools couldn't criticize the team that was consistently beating them, so they instead criticized the fan base.

The funny thing is that I have seen more jorts worn by FSU fans at their games then I have at The Swamp.

And people from Georgia calling out Floridians for being rednecks?  I can't think of anything more ironic. 

TCD

That was a quality rebuttal.  :rofl2:  But we're not jealous. And please tell me Brown isn't still in Washington. 

PS- You missed Jason's Crocks in the picture. I torture him about them. I'm disappointed in you for missing that opportunity. 

Great update.

I really like how RCCL handles the whole meal thing.  I like going to the main dining room with the family, but I would love all the options that RCCL gives its passengers.

That was a quality rebuttal.  :rofl2:  But we're not jealous. And please tell me Brown isn't still in Washington. 

PS- You missed Jason's Crocks in the picture. I torture him about them. I'm disappointed in you for missing that opportunity. 

I haven't checked lately, but I did look during this past football season when I pulled up her epic video and found that she is still proudly serving her district.  What surprised me is that she is based in Jacksonville, but her district spreads as far to the west as Gainesville, and then stretches all the way south to include parts of Orlando.  Gerrymandering is supposed to be illegal, but look at her district and tell me it wasn't drawn for her.  Who voted for this lady?  Wait.  I forgot.  We are in Florida.

Yes, I did miss the crocks.  My bad.  I did own a pair once when they were more popular than they are now.  I hated them.  I do have a pair of Gator crocks flip flops though. 

TCD

Good update!  Ray and I wound up getting something from room service every night when we were on the Dream, even though we also ate dinner every night.  But it was too much fun to not do!

Thanks for the buffet pics and information Kelly.  I am less than 60 days from our cruise now!  It's paid in full and all we have to do is wait for departure day. 

Man, I couldn't be more jealous!