I learned a new term today - Food Hack.  Try these links to find out more about Food Hacks: 

http://www.viralnova.com/awesome-food-hacks/

http://www.buzzfeed.com/readcommentbackwards/42-clever-food-hacks-that-will-change-your-life-dmjk

I like the idea of using cupcake papers to keep bugs/bees out of glasses of sweet drinks. 

Update:  I wrapped the banana stems on Friday, today is Wednesday and the couple I have left have just started to get little brown spots. So I would say it was a success.

Great!  Thanks for letting us know.   

I tried something I saw on another Food Hack website.  I used my waffle iron to cook frozen hash browns.  Results:  At first I was worried I had used too many hash browns; but, they compacted as they cooked and I ended up with basically one big crispy piece.   Next time I make hash browns at home I'll fry them.  For camping, this would work.  Some how all food tastes better when camping. 

I am still trying to catch-up on my FF.net reading, and just had a chance to read this thread.

I am totally shocked that five days have passed sine Judy posted the links to the Food Hacks, and not one Fiend has mentioned the Bacon Cinnamon Rolls mentioned in the first link.

Shocking.

I'm not sure I would like Bacon Cinnamon Rolls, but I don't know why I wouldn't.

TCD

The banana thing is good to know. I swear they go green to black overnight.

Don't use your waffle maker to do cinnamon rolls. I tried that and it made the biggest mess ever.

I tried out the cinnamon rolls on the waffle maker and they worked out good. No mess at all. I have a Belgian Waffle maker don't know if that makes a difference or not. I also used the regular cinnamon rolls not jumbo ones.

I think they sound gross. Only because all I can imagine is gross, under cooked non crispy bacon in them

I didn't even look at the photos showing how to make them, but now that I have, I agree with you.

Rolling up a raw piece of bacon and baking it with the cinnamon rolls is definitely going to result in a soggy, undercooked, greasy, mess.

Still, I'm willing to give it a try.

TCD