• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Look it's the entrance to the Men in Black Headquarters !! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Nice pictures!

We spent a weekend in NY in 2002 before going on a cruise, and stayed at a Holiday Inn.  I had to look at Google maps to see if it was the same one as you're at.  No, we were at 57th St.  I think your location is better.  Right in the middle of everything.  Hope you find enough time to enjoy it.

If you head downtown be sure and eat in Little Italy.  Paesano's is our go to place to eat in the city. The food is very good and it's pretty inexpensive. Never had a bad meal there.  You will see someone from each restaurant outside the establishments trying to hand you menus, just keep on moving until you hit Paesano's on Mullbery.  Nice bottle of wine and your all set.  Enjoy your trip!

http://www.paesanosoflittleitaly.com/index.html

You can shop for good designer knock off's while you're downtown, (an adventure in it'self, lol! but don't let my NYPD son know I told you, he kinda frowns upon it, lol Go figure.

A word of advice, no matter how tempting, do not eat outside at any ot the outdoor cafe's. There is a real problem with taxi drivers jumping curbs and running down pedestrians. It happens way more often than you would think, and it's not in any of tourism promo's, lol

I'm just sayin'....

If you head downtown be sure and eat in Little Italy.  Paesano's is our go to place to eat in the city. The food is very good and it's pretty inexpensive. Never had a bad meal there.  You will see someone from each restaurant outside the establishments trying to hand you menus, just keep on moving until you hit Paesano's on Mullbery.  Nice bottle of wine and your all set.  Enjoy your trip!

http://www.paesanosoflittleitaly.com/index.html

You can shop for good designer knock off's while you're downtown, (an adventure in it'self, lol! but don't let my NYPD son know I told you, he kinda frowns upon it, lol Go figure.

Auntie!!!!!  Long time no hear!!  Thanks for the info. We had Italian the first night, don't remember the name of the place, but it was yummy. My son has some plans for me for tomorrow night, somewhere on a rooftop. Then Saturday afternoon, gonna find a slice of real NY pizza. So far I've had Italian, Irish, French, Turkish, and now Tommy Bahama seafood (I'm sure that's a chain, but I'd never had it before). I'm not much of a shopper. I did drop into the Disney store and got me a Mickey statuette that said New York on it for my bookshelf at work, and got Rick a NY Mickey Pin. I hate to say it, but that will probably be the extent of my shopping.

A word of advice, no matter how tempting, do not eat outside at any ot the outdoor cafe's. There is a real problem with taxi drivers jumping curbs and running down pedestrians. It happens way more often than you would think, and it's not in any of tourism promo's, lol

I'm just sayin'....

A few towns around here have this "outdoor seating" it's like temporary seating set up on like deck that is a few inches high and it's out in the parking spaces along the road. No way would I ever sit there!

Incase my rambling made no sense

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/pedestrians/streetseats.shtml

Here are the latest pics from this evening:

My son and his girl, Anne

20140425_204248.jpg

The name of the restaurant was "Cinema" on 5th Ave.

20140425_211207.jpg

The bar had lights in it 

20140425_215716.jpg

We wandered Times Square again

20140425_221546.jpg

20140425_221559.jpg

20140425_221556.jpg

20140425_221616.jpg

20140425_221621.jpg

20140425_221627.jpg

20140425_221756.jpg

20140425_221840.jpg

20140425_221845.jpg

I think somebody posted a YouTube Video of this guy painting amazing pics with spray cans, well here he is:

20140425_222309.jpg

Sorry, late to the party.

These are just a few random photos with the cell phone of my afternoon so far:

20140422_100447.jpg

My office is in this picture, tho too small to specifically locate.  

This is Brick, Mantoloking, Bay Head, Point Pleasant, Point Pleasant Beach.

Can't see it in the photo, but still many mangled homes down there along the coast from Sandy.

And I honestly don't think I'll complain about Disney prices too much  any more. My room is almost 300 a night, and it barely has room for a king bed, chair, and armoire

It's amazing what they can cram into a 120SF space in those hotel rooms, huh?

Jeff