After reading a few threads I'm a little confused regarding wifi service. Do all the loops have wifi ornot? What is the fee for service and do you need the modem and a wifi router. If no available wifi, then another option is using our phones. How is Verizon there? We were thinking about getting a hot spot, but I believe that will increase the data usage as well. Any suggestions or advice?

None of the "loops" have wifi. There are some sites that can get wifi from the trading posts. Every site can get wired internet, but you have to check out a modem. There are a limited number of modems. They are free to check out but can be scarce at busy times. Persistence may be called for. Our Sprint mifi device had pretty poor service at the Fort (300 & 500 loops). Not sure about other carriers. And even Sprint may be better on LTE (our device was 3G only).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not all the loops have wi-fi.  The only place the wi-fi seems to work is near the trading posts.  The fort has some modems that connect to the cable tv sytem.  There is a deposit for the modem, that you will get back when you return it.  If your VZ phone is hotspot capable, that may br the way to go.  We have done both over the years, I like using the phone as a hot spot but there is a monthly charge from VZ.  There is a limited amount of modems available.

Not all the loops have wi-fi. The only place the wi-fi seems to work is near the trading posts. The fort has some modems that connect to the cable tv sytem. There is a deposit for the modem, that you will get back when you return it. If your VZ phone is hotspot capable, that may br the way to go. We have done both over the years, I like using the phone as a hot spot but there is a monthly charge from VZ. There is a limited amount of modems available.

No deposit anymore. Just have to give your campsite number.

I agree with Shanta:  (No loops have WiFi.  Modems are available for checkout from the meadows trading post), and Jason: (at no cost).    Oh, but they do charge you if you do not return the modem when you leave.  We have used a Verizon Mifi device for several years and never had a problem (4G).  We had a 5GB package and found we ran over during our Christmas month.  We currently have the newer Jetpack which has caused us more problems than our older unit.

We are currently using a Fort modem and our personal wireless router. It is working perfect for DH to do his on line masters seminars.

+1.

This is what we did (except for the masters seminars) worked great.

The cabin people are always a step above us trailer dwellers.   :welcome:   But welcome to the Fiends.  There is lots of good information passed around here, and some useless stuff, too.  You will quickly learn to discern between the two....usually after Post No. 10.