We keep a 22.5" Weber kettle, smoker, and a full assortment of cast iron in ours along with charcoal and wood chunks. The Ol' Mickey RV is basically a 32' kitchen.................

TIm, your camper sounds like ours... a rolling kitchen.  Among my collection of cooking items, we haul, in no particular order:

- a 2 burner Camp Chef Explorer high output stove

- a single burner butane stove (the kind caterer's use)

- a Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven used on the Explorer stove

- a Camp Chef propane oven

- a 12" cast iron dutch oven

- an assortment of cast iron pie irons

- a WeberQ 210 gas grill

Hopefully someday I will learn how to use all of this stuff....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's this we stuff? Next time I see you behind a grill, I'm taking a photo with my smart phone. But Lou, you don't have one. That's right, I won't need it.

Ok, a "breakfast GG" at Carol's next time at the Fort.

So, basically, we just need to be at the Fort (when you 'all are) then follow you around and eat at everyone else's site.  Yeah... we can do that :)

TIm, your camper sounds like ours... a rolling kitchen.  Among my collection of cooking items, we haul, in no particular order:

- a WeberQ 210 gas grill

I hate our oven because it's one of those combo microwave deals. It takes FOREVER to cook anything. Do you like the Campchef oven? 

We now travel with:

An electric skillet for cooking bacon, etc. outside

Our new BGE Mini Max

And our RV has the stove top and combo microwave/oven 

I hate our oven because it's one of those combo microwave deals. It takes FOREVER to cook anything. Do you like the Campchef oven? 

We now travel with:

Our new BGE Mini Max

I can vouch for CampChef products.  I have a 3 burner stove, griddle and grill box.  They're well built and cook very well.  

We now travel with:

Our new BGE Mini Max

I do like the oven...  It does a pretty good job for what it is.  As you can imagine, you have to keep an eye on the temperature and make minor adjustments every now and then.  The interior size is good and the oven fits in one of the outside storage compartments.

We too have a micro/convection oven inside, but never have used the convection part.  We also have the gas oven, but its one of the smaller versions (meaning its not as tall as some of the others we had in other campers).

- a WeberQ 210 gas grill

How do you like the pizza oven? I have been so tempted by one of those. Please tell me it sucks and I shouldn't waste my money or else I am going to wind up spending even more money on cooking stuff.......

It works pretty good... but like everything else its something that you have to get used to using. Its not very deep, so you have to make smaller pizzas. Just another cooking "gadget" that I had to have...

I was thinking about getting one of the nice webers then I thought no one steals a $20 Walmart special, trust me, I have tried. Even when it is left out during redskins games it was sitting right where I left it and somehow it collected 1/2 a miller. I would worry a $200 Weber might just walk away even at the fort.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Hey Auther, x coastie here. When we're in or are you still in?

I got out 1.5 years ago. I got tired of the bs and the drills were no longer enjoyable.

If I could have finished my 20, just doing activations, I would have stayed in.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I've been out for a long time. Out for the same reason "BS". I was in from 10/83-6/88. Base Galveston, PT Hope, MK school, and Governors Island-COPT