• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's this we stuff? Next time I see you behind a grill, I'm taking a photo with my smart phone. But Lou, you don't have one. That's right, I won't need it.

Ok, a "breakfast GG" at Carol's next time at the Fort.

So, basically, we just need to be at the Fort (when you 'all are) then follow you around and eat at everyone else's site.  Yeah... we can do that :)

We use a cheapo Walmart grill, maybe 20 bucks.  We've had it for several years.  I just repainted it with high temp paint, so it's good for another decade or so....whether I am or not.  We get the small propane bottles at Sams in 4-packs, as I recall.

Weber Q. I have the 100 model. Never dries the meat out. I usually take it to the pressure washer and spray it out. It's easy to take care of. I have friends who have them and had to change the regulators which weber sent for free. I don't recommend the stand they have even though they fold nicely they're cheap.

I was thinking about getting one of the nice webers then I thought no one steals a $20 Walmart special, trust me, I have tried. Even when it is left out during redskins games it was sitting right where I left it and somehow it collected 1/2 a miller. I would worry a $200 Weber might just walk away even at the fort.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I was thinking about getting one of the nice webers then I thought no one steals a $20 Walmart special, trust me, I have tried. Even when it is left out during redskins games it was sitting right where I left it and somehow it collected 1/2 a miller. I would worry a $200 Weber might just walk away even at the fort.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

That's a really good thought.  Guess we could put it back in the truck, when we're done cooking...but it would be much easier to just leave it out until we leave.

We bought the Camco Olympian stailess steel grille, it hooks on the camper and uses the camper propane or the folding bracket can flip up and sit tabletop with an adaptor can use canister gas, it folds up and can go it a travel bag, we paid $140 on Amazon for the grille, and $15 for the bag, cooks great, cleans up easily. Brian

We just use other grills that Fiends have :)  Lorna and Rich, Jen and Chris, and I believe Tim and Sheila all have Coleman Road Trip grills. Judy has this awesome pellet grill.

When we camp alone, we usually use the campground grill with the disposable grill grates on top of the nasty grate at the campground.