Small coffee maker that makes SUPER HOT coffee...

I have a Cuisinart at home and I LOVE IT... because it makes REALLY HOT coffee.  It's great!   Trouble is, it's a 12 cup machine so a bit big for our small camper (plus I'd like to buy a machine that I could leave in the trailer).

Any recommendations on a smaller machine (i.e. 4 cup) that makes REALLY HOT coffee?  :)

I have a Cuisinart at home and I LOVE IT... because it makes REALLY HOT coffee.  It's great!   Trouble is, it's a 12 cup machine so a bit big for our small camper (plus I'd like to buy a machine that I could leave in the trailer).

Any recommendations on a smaller machine (i.e. 4 cup) that makes REALLY HOT coffee?   :)

Sil wanted a bigger coffee maker for the PUP so cant help specifically on size but if you decide you want a bigger one we bought the Mr. Coffee that has the optional Thermal Carafe and picked up that as well. Makes 10 cups in the thermal, makes it nice and hot and keeps it that way for a couple of hours. 

Thanks Mo.  I love this..if only because it reminds me of my grandmother.  This may be sad to admit, but at (almost) 43...I've never once used a percolater.  But if it makes SUPER hot coffee (I mean... burn my mouth it's so hot), then I think I may have to try it.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

I'm also considering a Keurig Mini as I've some nice and hot coffee with that brand of machine before but...goodness, they are not cheap!

I'd also suggest looking into a hot pot to boil water, and a simple french press.  Hot and strong!

French Press.. another one I've never done!  Seriously, I think I need to step out of (my) same ol' - same ol' and try something different! :)

The percolater coffee is hot - I actually can't drink the coffee straight out of it without an ice cube or 2.  ;)

French press makes terrific coffee too.  I used to use one at our camp all the time.  My only complaint was that it didn't hold/keep coffee hot.

Good point.  For us it doesn't last long enough to get cold.  But it's a problem if you want to pour more and have to make it fresh each time. 

We have the mini Keurig machine,the coffee, hot chocolate and apple cider is super hot when brewed. We love it.

Is the brew temp adjustable on minis or only the larger keurigs?

Few years ago I had expresso machine, French press, drip & perk coffee makers. I'd grind whole bean to "required" size.

Guess it did not take much to amaze me but even using beans from same bag, the coffee tasted a little different. The first cup of the day always went down fast. I enjoy any of it. When I want to bore all y'alls more I'll type the story of Mimi's conversion to a coffee addict, in Disney MGM.

Mini Keurig user here as well...  If you want to go the Keurig route, in my opinion (which really doesn't amount to much) the mini is a better machine if you want to leave the brewer in the camper in between trips.  The reason I say this is because we used to have a full size machine that we left in the camper all season, and we really did not like the fact that the water remains inside the tank, not the reservoir, when we put it away until the next trip. When we got it out for the next trip we always ran it through a brewing cycle to purge the "old" water out. And over time, the machine got to a point where it wouldn't brew a complete cycle, so we tossed it.  The mini machine does not leave water in the tank and it also has a pump out feature where you can remove any additional water that is left behind...

As for liking hot coffee, I take mine with cream only, so after I put the cream in, I just pop it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to bring the temp back up to where I like it....

Is the brew temp adjustable on minis or only the larger keurigs?

Few years ago I had expresso machine, French press, drip & perk coffee makers. I'd grind whole bean to "required" size.

Guess it did not take much to amaze me but even using beans from same bag, the coffee tasted a little different. The first cup of the day always went down fast. I enjoy any of it. When I want to bore all y'alls more I'll type the story of Mimi's conversion to a coffee addict, in Disney MGM.

No there isn't any temp adjustment on the mini. It is very simple to use,.... pour water in, put in the K cup and hit Brew.

Ivy, we're glad that you are here!  If you'd like a big ol' Fort Fiends welcome, head over to the Introduce Yourself thread and tell us a little about yourself.  And dive right in and post on any topic!  Just don't make it relevant or worthwhile.....you'd make the rest of us look bad.   :rofl3:

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/199-please-introduce-yourself/?hl=%20introduce%20%20yourself

The other option is a filter holder on top of your coffee cup and boil the water on the stove.

The backpacking ones collapse flat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002YT2CII?cache=95ac67e843393f8890389146c1ecc22dπ=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1402235106&sr=8-18#ref=mp_s_a_1_18

You would also have hot water for instant oatmeal.

The combo is guaranteed to take care of business before you hit the buses or the boat.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

The other option is a filter holder on top of your coffee cup and boil the water on the stove.

The backpacking ones collapse flat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002YT2CII?cache=95ac67e843393f8890389146c1ecc22dπ=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1402235106&sr=8-18#ref=mp_s_a_1_18

You would also have hot water for instant oatmeal.

The combo is guaranteed to take care of business before you hit the buses or the boat.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Stay close to stall #2.