Yeah yeah, I know, I know... but if you haven't actually been to FL in July, I don't think you can truly appreciate the difference between "hot" above the Mason-Dixon line, and HOT in the south.

It's 87/88 where you are and 90/91 where I am, not a big difference.

I went from high school in So Cal to college in central Ark.  First week there I bought some postage stamps (remember them?).  I got the stamps from the clerk and began to put them in my wallet, as normal.  The clerk looked at me, said "You all are not from around here are you?  Can't put stamps in your wallet here boy.  The humidity will ruin them."   

There is hot, and then there is hot!

Lol! You guys are great! Reading all your replies has really turned any anxiety into excitement! Like I said one we get there and shake to road off, I will give a shout to locate some other for Fiends. I'm blown away by how all of this brings so many people together. It's awesome.

Thanks again to everyone who replied!!

Lol! You guys are great! Reading all your replies has really turned any anxiety into excitement! Like I said one we get there and shake to road off, I will give a shout to locate some other for Fiends. I'm blown away by how all of this brings so many people together. It's awesome.

How can you be excited when you are going to spontaneously combust?!?  :panic:

Think of it as a 'heightened experience'.  You get the magic of Disney with the added benefit of a bunch of kooks.  That's what I got.......

Let me defend my home state.  It is no hotter than summer in New Jersey,  but the humidity is always near 100%.  I stayed in NJ last summer and found it just as hot if not more so.  In FL the electricity is more reliable and you will have 50 amp service to run 2 A/c units if you need it.  I couldn't find that in Northern New Jersey.  Some other pointers include coming back in the afternoon to nap and swim.  It almost always rains in the afternoon in FL so it is best not to be in a line when that happens.  They also close the open air rides when there is a hint of a thunderstorm.  That also happens almost every afternoon.  The skys clear around 6PM so you can go back to the parks and watch the fireworks up close or you can see them from the beach at the fort.  The Trails End restaurant is a good place when the DW starts wondering when her vacation is going to start.  They also have chicken and Pizza to go.  The Chicken is some of the best southern fried chicken I have had but the pizza is not up to New Jersey standards.  Not even close.  Please give yourself enough time to drive safely down, especially if you are driving down I-95.  I'm finding traffic is always bad on that road and a 1 hour delay puts a lot of pressure on you to try and make up for the loss of time.  Bring your own bottled water.  The fort charges $17.00 for a case of small bottles.  You will not like the taste of Florida Tap water.

It's 87/88 where you are and 90/91 where I am, not a big difference.

You forgot the 419% humidity. 

How can you be excited when you are going to spontaneously combust?!?  :panic:

Dozens of people spontaneously combust every year.  It's just not well documented.

You will not like the taste of Florida Tap water.

Truth.

Yes but here in Florida we have things like TROPICAL storm Arthur which is providing a nice breeze. No Africa hot this week. The difference between Florida hot and the deep south hot is that there is a breeze most of the time.

The difference between Florida hot and the deep south hot is that there is a breeze most of the time.

I agree with Jen.  We used to spend every July 4th week in Port St. Lucie.  Every morning around 11:00 a nice breeze would blow in and remain for the rest of the day.  Being outdoors was pleasant.

Being outdoors here this week is miserable.  Right now the thermometer on our deck (in the shade) says 101.  And there's no breeze.  But I'll still take the heat over cold any day.

Oh btw, ddepr1217, just in case you're not aware of it, your thread is way over the 10 post count and by FF.Net Rule #346, it's no longer yours. It was hijacked a long time ago. So it will go in many directions, none of which have anything to do with your original post.

Of course I am also miserable when it is over 70

Fixed that one for me. 

I think Jen and I might be polar opposites.  :rofl2:

I have always thought it was easier to wear a coat then to carry an air conditioner!

Agreed!!  I've always said I can put more clothes on, but when it comes to taking clothes off I'm smart enough to know that at a certain point NOBODY is looking for that!

Oh and on the breeze front...

I think this is partly why AK is so miserably hot.

When I was there at the end of May it was hot - mid 90s ish.  It thankfully wasn't super humid though, and in the shade with a breeze, even my melty self could handle the heat.

However there was ZERO breeze at AK and it seemed much more humid to boot.  We were only there a couple of hours mid-afternoon, and part of that was in the Nemo show (which is nicely air conditioned) and by the time we left I had a pounding headache and felt like my face was on fire. 

A couple of motrin and an air conditioned bus ride to Epcot did the trick, but it reminded me to put AK at the beginning or end of the day when it's hot, because when it's hot, AK is Africa hot.

Pun totally intended.