My problem solving philosophy has always been, solve the cause of a problem, not the results of the problem.

Keeping them out of the pool area is the result of letting them in in the first place, don't let them in.

In order to get in, you need to be a guest, or a verified friend of a guest, have a reservation for an activity, restaurant, or show.

They used to do that at the gates at the Poly and CR I know.

Not sure if they still do. Do you know? It wouldnt take much to do this.

Seriously though.  There is no reason they couldn't build a fence around the entire pool area including the pavilion.

There was an announcement not too long ago that there would be fences put up around all the resort pools that didn't already have them - for safety purposes.  But it was said it would be done during the course of "normal maintenance" so who knows when that will be at the Fort.

My problem solving philosophy has always been, solve the cause of a problem, not the results of the problem.

Keeping them out of the pool area is the result of letting them in in the first place, don't let them in.

In order to get in, you need to be a guest, or a verified friend of a guest, have a reservation for an activity, restaurant, or show.

Well there you go being all logical.

I can say that when we were there in May, they scanned our MB when we went to go park at the Poly for dinner. They even scanned our MBs when we drove into POP to check in. In both cases they were able to confirm our reservations.

So especially now with MBs there's no reason they can't do this for people coming into the Fort too.

They just have to actually DO it.

Not sure if they still do. Do you know? It wouldn't take much to do this.

Nope, don't know.

But it does take a lot of something they don't seem to have, it's called desire.

So especially now with MBs there's no reason they can't do this for people coming into the Fort too.

They just have to actually DO it.

All they need is a fence and a MB activated lock on the gate, done. What's the big deal?

Not any more.  They tore it all down and built a Walgreens.

Are you kidding?

I was there right after they started tearing down the wall, so about half was still up. East Berlin still looked like it was occupied. Grey, depressed, a clear division still. I know big companies like Sony were buying up real estate like crazy because it was dirt cheap and they supposedly were going to build their corporate offices there.

Not sure if they still do. Do you know? It wouldnt take much to do this.

Yes they still do at the Contemporary, Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian.  They often do it at the Yacht and Beach Club as well when it is busy at Epcot.  

This morning they were still checking registrations at the pool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but way back when, didn't they require a PIN number or a card to get thru the gate in front of the Outpost bus stop? I think they had a camera and a speaker so you could show your Fort ID if the pin pad didn't work. That was when they had the guard shack out on Vista Blvd and they checked registrations there if you came in the back way.

Now that wouldn't stop anyone from parking and hopping on the busses to get to the pool. But why don't they have security at the bus depot checking on why people are dragging in coolers etc on a bus if they aren't already camping?

I will admit, we do drive over around the holidays and take the grandkids to see the decorations. While there we usually buy them snacks and try to take a wagon ride. The only way Disney is loosing money on us it by us riding the busses. We would never think of letting them use the pools. We really appreciate being able to get them in to see the lights.

Years ago when they still had the delis that made fresh sandwiches and you could swim in the lake we used to go to the Fort and have lunch there and let the kids swim while we sat on the beach. I guess you could call us freeloaders, but the Fort was still getting money from us.

I will admit, we do drive over around the holidays and take the grandkids to see the decorations. While there we usually buy them snacks and try to take a wagon ride.

But Disney actually doesn't say anything about not visiting a resort and taking advantage of the amenities - dining, shopping, shows.. you know, all the things they can make money of you on. In fact, they encourage that.

The one thing they do state emphatically - in fact at times it's been stamped in red on check-in paperwork - is NO POOL HOPPING.

And certainly if paying Guests aren't allowed to use the pools at other Disney resorts, people not staying at ANY resort certainly shouldn't be allowed to use ANY pool. 

Only thing the MB were good for at the Fort was spending $$.

Didn't work at the comfort stations or the gate.

What was funny is we drove over to Saratoga to visit relatives and they scanned my daughters band at the gate and it came up Fort Wilderness, so they welcomed us home.

Only thing the MB were good for at the Fort was spending $$.

Didn't work at the comfort stations or the gate.

What was funny is we drove over to Saratoga to visit relatives and they scanned my daughters band at the gate and it came up Fort Wilderness, so they welcomed us home.

Magic bands are new to me as we didn't have them for our 2013 stay.I also don't remember the comfort stations being locked. So, when we get there what will we use to get into the comfort stations if the magic bands don't work?