Unfortunately, it's probably just for show. Not real enforcement

you are probably right Carol, one year they were there early in the morning (I know Dave "what was I doing up early", I was fishing. Anyway, they (locals) had a whole set up in the pavilion and had taken over all the grills and just about had the whole one end of the pool area taped off for their own use and although people were complaining not a thing was done about it. Oh and not to mention the boom box playing loud the whole day, anyone for Salsa music?

you are probably right Carol, one year they were there early in the morning (I know Dave "what was I doing up early", I was fishing. Anyway, they (locals) had a whole set up in the pavilion and had taken over all the grills and just about had the whole one end of the pool area taped off for their own use and although people were complaining not a thing was done about it. Oh and not to mention the boom box playing loud the whole day, anyone for Salsa music?

Maybe the Fort is one of the detention facilities they are shipping the illegals to.  

They are checking for registered guests at the Meadow Pool!

Of course they are only checking at the main entrance at the snack bar and at the backside past the bridge. They are issuing paper wrist bands, so I guess they will start patrolling poolside later.

That's great if they actually do the patrolling part later.

Keep us posted!

Checkpoint up today again. They wouldn't give my daughter's boyfriend a band because he wasn't on our reservation (he was a surprise) and since magic bands don't work I didn't think it was that necessary to add him. Meanwhile there were a whole group that had tables staked out behind the splash pool without bands. Tons of others didn't have bands in the pool area. Another group had taken over the entire picnic table Pavillion for a party. They had it construction taped off. The band girl told us we should head up to the cabin pool. Gee walk to the meadow, or take 2 or more busses to go swimming.

Not bothering to enforce them once you hand them out = FAIL

I'm shocked, they've always enforced them in the past.

Lets pretend we're cracking down on the free loaders, but we'll only do it during holiday weekends.

It doesn't matter if the GM is the Lord or Joey, things stay the same.

They did this last year they'll do it again next year.

Anyone want to bet me that they won't be giving out wrist bands next weekend?

Seriously though.  There is no reason they couldn't build a fence around the entire pool area including the pavilion.  Have two entrances, and have a CM stationed at each one with a handheld scanner to scan your MB and give you a wristband.  Different color band or each day.  You only need the two CM's at the entrances checking as people come in and out for the wristbands.  That's what they do at Stormalong Bay (although they have 4 or 5 entrances).  And at the Fort, they wouldn't have to man those gates 365 days a year.....really only on holiday and summer weekends.  They could kill the freeloader situation quickly if they did that.  But if they did, they really would need to include the pavilion in the fenced area as that gets abused horribly and it isn't fair to paying guests.  

have a CM stationed at each one with a handheld scanner to scan your MB and give you a wristband.  Different color band or each day.  You only need the two CM's at the entrances checking as people come in and out for the wristbands.

Why can't they just use the MB to open the gate?

That would be better than what they have now.  But all you need is one person being nice and holding the gate for the next person, who doesn't actually have a band, and who then lets all his freeloading family and friends in.  

I can see that happening once in a while, but you wouldn't get the hoards of freeloaders you do now. I don't think they have to keep them all out, just most of them.

Probably so.  And once word gets out that it's not easy anymore, they'd likely find someplace else to go.  

My problem solving philosophy has always been, solve the cause of a problem, not the results of the problem.

Keeping them out of the pool area is the result of letting them in in the first place, don't let them in.

In order to get in, you need to be a guest, or a verified friend of a guest, have a reservation for an activity, restaurant, or show.