WDW Railroad Closing for Refurb - CONFIRMED

No official confirmation on this yet, but rumor has it that the Walt Disney World Railroad will be closing for refurbishment September 28 through November 8.

I won't add it to the refurb schedule until we get official Disney confirmation, but wanted to give folks the heads up.

ETA:  Just confirmed that Disney officially has this closure on the schedule for September 29th thru November 7th

Awwww man! We were thinking of doing a "everyone is back in school" Disney trip, but there is no way I will go if the railroad is closed. 

I didn't realize that the railroad was that big a factor in deciding whether to visit WDW or not.

I will still be at WDW this Fall, Lord willing.  I am disappointed, but I know we will still have an amazing time.

Maybe we can all join together in October...light some candles... and  :'(

Okay Disney...if you close the train again (yes, you're right G&G, it was closed when we were at the Fort in February), then you need to make sure that the People Mover is OPEN.  My two year old walks around our home saying, "Magic Kingdom with YiaYia and Popo in October...ride the PM".  So, open the ride!!   >:(

Please!!  :thank-you-smiley3:

• 3 weeks later...

I love that ride.  Its the only one that ends when you want it to and not when they want you off.

You don't have to get off the bus now that Lou isn't driving.. :clint:

I don't think of it a ride, just a way to get from point A to point B.

Yup, you can be like "Charlie and the MTA."

"Did he ever return? NO he never returned!  He may ride forever........"