Hey y'all! We are heading to WDW tomorrow! :) We have a 7:30 ADR at TE before a Segway tour Wednesday morning and will be taking a taxi to get there since we're staying at OKW. Is there any chance they will let us take the cab all the way to the settlement, or will they make us get out and take a bus? I'm trying to figure out how much time to all for this trip to breakfast.

Thanks!

They can take you to the intersection by 100/400/700 and then it's just a 2 or 3 minute walk to TE. I've seen cabs do that before.

That's exactly what I meant.  I know no one other than golf carts can drive all the way to the actual settlement - I just didn't say what I was meaning very well.  If the cab will be allowed through to there, that would be great. 

It's as Dave (Grumpy) posted, you might see a taxi dropping off at that intersection, but if you call the Fort, they'll tell you that pizza deliveries, etc and taxi drop offs or picks are to take place at the Outpost.

Is it enforced? Only if there is a Fort CM that sees it and confronts the driver.

It's a rare trip to the Fort when I haven't seen a taxi dropping off guests at the Settlement. Once you're past the guard shack, there's nothing to stop the driver from taking you there. At 7:30 am, there won't be any Rangers around.

On the other hand, at that hour it's likely that there will be a Settlement bus waiting to take you there.

TCD

It's as Dave (Grumpy) posted, you might see a taxi dropping off at that intersection, but if you call the Fort, they'll tell you that pizza deliveries, etc and taxi drop offs or picks are to take place at the Outpost.

Is it enforced? Only if there is a Fort CM that sees it and confronts the driver.

Gotcha.

Have fun!

Thanks!  I know we will!  :)

It's a rare trip to the Fort when I haven't seen a taxi dropping off guests at the Settlement. Once you're past the guard shack, there's nothing to stop the driver from taking you there. At 7:30 am, there won't be any Rangers around. Have fun.

TCD

Good answer.  Thanks!!

A guest wrote WDW asking the same question. Below is the Disney authorized response to that guest.

"Keep in mind that the taxi will not be allowed to drop you off at Pioneer Hall nor pick you up there. You'll be dropped off near the Outpost where check-in is located at Fort Wilderness, a good mile from the interior of the resort where Pioneer Hall and the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is located. Once you're let off, you'll get to Pioneer Hall by walking over to the Outpost Bus Stop and take the first bus that is headed to the Settlement. Likewise, you'll return to the Outpost to catch your taxi there. You'll take a bus back to the front of the resort to and call for your taxi pick up."

That's assuming the Fort CM both understands the rules as they are written and gives a rat's behind at 7:30 in the morning to actually put the coffee cup down and walk out to stop the taxi.

Other options, maybe longer, would be to take the taxi to the Contemporary and grab a boat, or to the Wilderness Lodge and grab a bus.

They deal with taxi/limos all the time.

A guest wrote WDW asking the same question. Below is the Disney authorized response to that guest.

"Keep in mind that the taxi will not be allowed to drop you off at Pioneer Hall nor pick you up there. You'll be dropped off near the Outpost where check-in is located at Fort Wilderness, a good mile from the interior of the resort where Pioneer Hall and the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is located. Once you're let off, you'll get to Pioneer Hall by walking over to the Outpost Bus Stop and take the first bus that is headed to the Settlement. Likewise, you'll return to the Outpost to catch your taxi there. You'll take a bus back to the front of the resort to and call for your taxi pick up."

Another option is to drop a few million bucks, and Disney will wrap a private bus to look like an old RV and provide a driver to take you right to the old River Country bus stop. The driver will keep the bus running so you can be whisked away to your next destination after you have had your fill of the faux camping experience.

TCD

Another option is to drop a few million bucks, and Disney will wrap a private bus to look like an old RV and provide a driver to take you right to the old River Country bus stop. The driver will keep the bus running so you can be whisked away to your next destination after you have had your fill of the faux camping experience.

TCD

And when you're done, they'll blow up the beach for you.

And when you're done, they'll blow up the beach for you.

Is that blow up the beach for you, or with you on it?

Some of those fireworks were close.

My one granddaughter finally conquered her fear of fireworks this trip watching the MK show at the Fort.

Saturday night she flew off the beach and up to the bus stop.

It was just too much too soon for her, but my wife convinced her that those were a little scarey and they weren't normal.

we are all rule followers here so please take the bus, thank you for your attention in this matter :)

You'll need to take a selfie whenever you post stuff like that so that we can see if you have a straight face.

There'll probably be a cart with the keys in it. The renters won't need it for hours, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you borrowed it for the morning.

In the sprit of giving back, anyone can use my cart anytime they want, for as long as they want.

Anything goes. I took a cab from the airport in Philly to Temple University and gave the cabbie an extra 10 bucks to hurry. We drove on sidewalks, the wrong way down one way streets, down the wrong side of the road. It was probably one of the most exciting rides I have been on.

Anything goes. I took a cab from the airport in Philly to Temple University and gave the cabbie an extra 10 bucks to hurry. We drove on sidewalks, the wrong way down one way streets, down the wrong side of the road. It was probably one of the most exciting rides I have been on.

Coming soon to Universal...

Hmm... I didn't know my dad worked as a cabbie in Philly...

Our driver in Russia drove like this.  But so did everyone else so it was ok.  Still made INC car sick every day.