Hello Fiends!  I'm so impressed with all the information here and would appreciate your expert advice.

We'll be visiting the Fort in December and are borrowing a family member's Class A RV.  When we booked the Fort, the Disney rep suggested we do a premium site.  We were able to do that for 6 nights but had to switch to a full hook up for the last night since we couldn't get a premium that night (that's a whole other issue)... 

I had heard that Loop 400 is a great loop for premium (and that's what we requested at booking) but wanted some opinions.  We'll be renting a golf cart, are NOT bringing our dog, but have small children so want to be relatively close to things but quiet enough that our baby can sleep.  Is 400 the right choice for us?  Are we better off getting a loop that is not pet friendly or without a comfort station (we won't need it)?

Appreciate your input!

400 loop is walking distance to the marina/Settlement area - which is very convenient for dining, shopping, visiting the TCD ranch, and catching the boat to Magic Kingdom.

It's a bit far from the pool and Outpost (where you catch theme park buses) but with a golf cart that really isn't an issue.

The only catch is that because it's closer to the lake side of things, the noise from the MK fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant are going to be a little louder.   I don't know if that will be an issue inside an insulated motorhome, but some folks here may have some experiences to share.

Welcome to the group!!  :wave1:

We were in 400 Christmas before last in a 37 foot Class A (plus cargo trailer) and did not notice any appreciable noise level.  It was particularly convenient for us with two wheelchairs.  Some sites in 400 are smaller and in fact a CM came to assist us in parking...this after we had been to the Fort 30-40 times before without any trouble parking.  Be sure reservations knows the size of your rig and any slides or awnings to be deployed.

We'll be there from early December, so if you get with AuburnJen and get a FortFiends sign to mark your territory (so to speak), you may have some other fiends stop by and say hello.

You say you are borrowing an RV.  If you are not used to it, consider going to a parking lot near you and practice backing into a marked space.

Also you may encounter some dogs in 400 even though it is not a designated pet loop.  They tend to be assigned in all loops these days, but this is usually not a problem.  We were once assigned the 500 loop without a pet...go figure.  But we now have a small dog, so we'll see where we wind up.

Welcome to the group and we hope you enjoy our freewheeling style of banter.   Some good advice and some nonsense.  :rofl3:

Also you may encounter some dogs in 400 even though it is not a designated pet loop.  They tend to be assigned in all loops these days, but this is usually not a problem.  We were once assigned the 500 loop without a pet...go figure.  But we now have a small dog, so we'll see where we wind up.

The 400 loop is a pet loop. 400-1000 are the premium pet loops.

TCD

Expert advice... :) I got a chuckle out of that. Most information is accurate and you will get good responses on opinions (everyone here has one). Welcome and I hope you enjoy your visit to FW. As for quiet, the bus run late and early. I recommend running a fan or sound spa.

We LOVE the 400 loop. 417 is our favorite site. Nice trees and because of how the loop is layed out, you have a lot of space on either side. Nice and close to the comfort station...short walk to the marina and a reasonable walk to the pool. I. LOVE. IT.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, they were just closing 400 to work on the road, but I'm sure it will be back up by December!

Welcome!