Security just knocked on the door to deliver a letter warning about black bears at the fort. Sharing the image on my fb page. It won't let me add upload it here.  I've missed my fiends. Feel free to share it when you see it...

Walk with 2 or more and make sure 1 walks slower then you.

I think Marty has the 2 or more covered.  8)

Calling WDW Security, now that's funny.

All they'll do is ask the bear for a photo ID, pretend to read it, and wave it through.

You forgot "give it a wrist band for the pool"

On a side note... how long is that trail?  In October, our youngest will be (almost) 3 and our oldest (almost) 8.  Is it too far for little feet?   

It's about a mile. 

If you're out there at night, be sure to bring a flashlight, as it's pretty dark.

... oh and a picnic basket to throw at the bear.  8)

On a side note... how long is that trail?  In October, our youngest will be (almost) 3 and our oldest (almost) 8.  Is it too far for little feet?

My daughter clocked it at 1.5 but Mo's is probably more accurate. It may be too long for your 3 yo but your 8 yo should be fine. It's very pretty & in December we saw a lot of deer. I don't recommend it at night. It's very dark & we got scared! But motivational for a night run.

My daughter clocked it at 1.5 but Mo's is probably more accurate.

Your daughter is probably right - I was ballparking it on the map.

Keep your camera/cellphone handy so you can take pictures/ film for the next episode of when animals attack or when vatactions end badly.

:rofl2:

Just checked in today. The information packet now includes the bear letter and they

tell you about the bear at the Outpost during checkin. I think we have a better chance of seeing an alligator again.

Alligators, bears and (maybe) a Lou ... oh my  :bugeyes: