We've had one hanging around greater Cincinnati for about 2 weeks. ODNR said he swam across the Ohio river from KY looking for a GF. This is the time of the year that mom kicks the 2 yr olds out. He's going to be disappointed since bears are very rare in OH.

The campground we stayed at last week near Sturbridge, MA has had recent, multiple sightings of at least one cub and a mama bear.

Complete hijack, but I loved going to Sturbridge when  i was growing up.  IIRC, we used to drive up Wednesday after my father got home from work.  My mom would put our pillows and blankets in the back of the station wagon and we would fall asleep on the way and wake-up the next morning in out hotel room in Sturbridge.  My favorite part was the man who would sit  in the porch with a guitar and sing songs.  My father bought some of his albums and my mom still has them.

You may now continue your discussion of bears. :)

The campground we stayed at last week near Sturbridge, MA has had recent, multiple sightings of at least one cub and a mama bear.

You were in Sturbridge. That only 35 minutes from us. I could have met the important members of your family. Brady, Bz, and Lyn!

You were in Sturbridge. That only 35 minutes from us. I could have met the important members of your family. Brady, Bz, and Lyn!

LOL!  Pretty much the rest of my family was there too - we were celebrating SIL's 40th - but you probably don't want to meet them.  They're no fun.  8)

Complete hijack, but I loved going to Sturbridge when  i was growing up.  IIRC, we used to drive up Wednesday after my father got home from work.  My mom would put our pillows and blankets in the back of the station wagon and we would fall asleep on the way and wake-up the next morning in out hotel room in Sturbridge.  My favorite part was the man who would sit  in the porch with a guitar and sing songs.  My father bought some of his albums and my mom still has them.

You may now continue your discussion of bears. :)

I lived in Bedford when I was younger and remember taking school field trips to Sturbridge. My Dad was also known for taking long drives and more than once we ended up there as well.