Does anyone have a favorite KOA in Georgia, NC, SC, TN or (north) FL?  We're trying to decide if purchasing a KOA membership is worth it.  The one KOA we stayed at (Chattanooga/Lookout Mtn West) was okay.  Sites were pretty snug, but the the bathhouse was clean.  We wished the roads had been paved, so our daughter could ride her scooter.  

I like the one in Townsend, TN.  It's a great spot for visiting Cades Cove.  

Some will say they don't care for KOA's.  I get that, as they tend to be expensive.  But I've mostly had good luck with them.  

Expensive... I was thinking that too.  I admit, we're new to camping, but they do seem to be higher priced than others... maybe that's because they want people to join their membership club (which gives you a small discount)?

Thanks for the input on the Townsend location.

I also like the one in Townsend, we just can't  fit in in anymore :(  There is another in Pigeon Forge that we like, it's a little larger and has a little more to do. The one downside (for me) about those is the price, the one in Pigeon Forge in prime season is about $85/night for a 50 amp site and for what you have there I would rather stay in another park close by for less than half of that.

From what I can see some of them are geared more towards overnight type stays and others are more "destination" type campgrounds with more scheduled activities and things geared for kids. We don't have the membership but we do stay in them on occasion. 

I'm a Good Sam camper.  KOA used to be high end quality campgrounds, not so much anymore.  I feel like I have more to choose from, plus as a Good Sam member I get a discount at Camping World.