Just back from Saratoga Springs

We spent a week a Saratoga Springs. It was suppose to be a relaxing trip. It wasn't. We were going to do water parks and the pools at Saratoga.

Sunday we checked in and hit the pools. About 5 we decided to go to downtown Disney. We were headed to the boats when a thunderstorm started. So the boats closed and we had to take the packed bus. We ate at the Earl of Sandwich it wasn't good it was just food. We walked around DD for awhile then went back to our resort we were able to take the boat since the storms had stopped.

When we got to our room it was hot. The a/c was not working and it took over 2 hours for them to get a repairman out to fix it. I was not happy because by the time they left and we got our little girl to sleep it was 2 a.m.

So while my DD and my DW slept in which was not the plan so much for Waffles at the Roaring Fork.

I went to the front desk to complain. They had me scan my magic band. He then looked at the computer and said is the a/c working which it was so I said yes. He then said how can we make you happy. I said I don't know. He said are you going to any parks? I said no. He said would you like to? I said yes. Then he said which one? I said Magic Kingdom. So he then gave us 3 tickets to MK with 3 paper fast passes good for anything but the new roller coaster. Awesome well I am happy now.

So latter in the day we go to Typhon Lagon. We went straight for the shark tank this was high on my 4 year olds list of what she wanted to do. She didn't like how cold the water was but she liked the swim and wanted to do it again. But as soon as we got out another storm blew in and they closed all attractions. We sat for 3 hours waiting for it to reopen but it never did and they closed the park at 6.

Bummer about the AC and the storms. We're at Saratoga Springs right now, and you can definitely see the wear and tear in some of the rooms. Saratoga isn't usually our first choice of DVC resorts to stay in, but they always have availability. Since we planned this trip sort of last minute, this is where we ended up. We haven't had any major issues. Some of these storms are rough, though. We were napping today and the thunder kept waking me up - I was glad to not be out in a park when all that was going on!

So we went back to our resort ate there played in the arts and crafts room and went to bed. So Tuesday we went to MK we got there about 11 a.m. We new we were staying untill closing so there was no rush to get there. We jumped in line for 7 Dwarfs it took a hour and a half but we didn't care. It was ok. I did learn over half of MK closes during a thunderstorm which lasted several hours. I'm just going to list all we did on this day.

We rode

7 Dwarfs, Monsters inc.,Tiki Tiki Birds, Pirates, Thunder Mountain, Splash Moutain, Jungle Cruise, Ariel ride, Barn Stormer, Dumbo, Buzz light year ride, Carosel of Progress, watched Wishes and the castle show, Enchanted tales with Bell, Whinnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Small world, the Carousel, meet Elsa and Anna, and ended the night at 11:59 walking into PhillarMagic. So that's 21 things we did on top of eating at Cosmic Rays for lunch Harbor house for supper and Casys on the way out after midnight. Not bad for not even planning to be at the MK the morning before.

Bummer about the AC and the storms. We're at Saratoga Springs right now, and you can definitely see the wear and tear in some of the rooms. Saratoga isn't usually our first choice of DVC resorts to stay in, but they always have availability. Since we planned this trip sort of last minute, this is where we ended up. We haven't had any major issues. Some of these storms are rough, though. We were napping today and the thunder kept waking me up - I was glad to not be out in a park when all that was going on!

It stormed every day of our trip.

Wow!  Those tickets were a $300 bonus.  Stinks about the A/C, but at least they made it up to you big time.  

2x that!

Those storms are a bummer!  Hopefully you still ended up having a good time.

We were at the Fort in February, it was raining and freezing.  We ended up coming home two days early; that was our last trip in a tent.

We also saw TCD's daughter working the little girls section of the MK gift shop on our way out. She was very nice to talk to some stranger from Texas. And from there it was back to our resort. And yes lots of tour groups but some how they really never slowed us down on this trip.

Wednesday we woke up to pouring down rain and thunderstorms. We slept in though I still got up about 10 a.m. I called Trex and got us a 12:30 lunch. The food was ok but it was somthing to do in the pouring rain. Latter that afternoon we went to Blizzard Beach the storms had cleared every one out. We did the whole park in about 2 hours. And if anybody likes ice cream we highly recommend the Sandpail from ether waterpark its a $10.00 bucket of ice cream with a bunch of toppings. We had one at both waterparks Google it for a picture they are awesome. After riding everything we changed clothes and went to eat at Chuy's Tex Mex we love that place and have been eating at them in Texas since the mid 90's. If you get a chance go eat there the creamy jalapeño is worth the trip by itself. After eating we went to our resort had a couple of beers then caught a boat to Port Orleans Riverside to see YeeHaw Bob, he put on a great show. We then caught a boat back to Saratoga springs and called it a night. My little girl lost a flip flop at the YeeHaw Bob show which I thought was no big deal but she was sad and it was never found.

Thursday we got up around 8 a.m. and drove to the Wilderness Lodge for Waffles they are so good. After that we caught a boat to the Fort just to walk around and let Miley play, her favorite swing in the whole world is the baby swing by Trails End. So while she swings we take turns refilling our mugs. Then we went through the stores and did a little Fort Shopping. Then we caught a boat back to the Lodge. We got to our truck and went back to the Fort and drove through and stopped at the Meadows. Nothing new to report. We were then off to Typhoon Lagoon. It was closed when we arrived and most people were leaving again we did everything in about 2 to 3 hours Miley loved the waterparks and did everything she was big enough for. Then it was back to our resort we went to the pools and relaxed. Had a burger, drank a beer, shot some pool, played some ping pong, and toasted some marshmellows at what they call a campfire. Oh and the sticks and marshmellows are free all you can eat. But there are alot of rules for there sticks. After that I cleaned out the truck and did a little pre packing. Then we called it a night.

Friday I got up at 6:30 a.m. Went down to the front desk to let them know the a/c was not cooling again and they said they would make a note of it. So back to the room. Loaded the truck up and we were out of there by 7:50 a.m we got home at 11:30 p.m. Friday night.

It was a fun trip not near as relaxing as I had hoped. I thought leaving the camper at home and the golf carts would make a easy trip. But the fact is to us that stuff and the Fort is what makes the trip for us fun and relaxing. So our next trip will be at the Fort with our toys.

That's it for my report I know I left some stuff out. This turned out to be longer then I planned. Thanks for reading. I really just had to tell about my free MK tickets.

Bummer abut the stress, but cool beans about the free tix!  And enjoying nearly empty water parks is pretty great too!

Which is when?

We've been to the Chuy's near us a couple times.  May go back but the line is always out the door and people circling the parking lot like the mall on Christmas Eve.  

Free marshmallows?  Wow.  Plus free MK tickets makes lots of awesomeness.  

So yes, when is your next Fort trip?

Nothing firm hoping for some time in the fall.

I'm curious what are the rules about their marshmallow sticks?!?

Nothing crazy they just kept repeating them no swinging them around, no sword fights, no poking with them there not magic wands. And do not catch your marshmellow on fire and if you do blow it out right away.

Nothing crazy they just kept repeating them no swinging them around, no sword fights, no poking with them there not magic wands. And do not catch your marshmellow on fire and if you do blow it out right away.

Man they are no fun!

Personally I like torching my mine so it gets that crust. Yum

One thing I do want to add is that I was very happy with the service of Disney on this trip. Even when things went wrong they did what they could to make it right. My arm got cut open on a slide at Blizzard Beach and the life guards were very concerned. I told them just give me some band aids and I would be fine. Again all Castmembers were really nice this trip.

Now for Fast Pass Plus. We were able to get a 4th 5th 6th 7th and 8th fast pass. TCD had recommend using the machines near Dumbo well the day we were there this was not good. The line was just as long there but it moved twice as slow. There are only 2 machines there, where over by Country Bears there are 4 machines. So the same size line moves twice as fast. Also one thing I found strange but the Castmember pointed it out to me is the touch screens do not respond to a touch of your finger. You have to click the screen with the top of your fingernail not the tip. They should have just installed iPads.