We are buying annual passes and planning on spending time in the parks before our reserved vacation. The magic bands won't be here before we plan on going. How do we get our fast pass rides? Do I need to download the myDisney experience app? I heard cell signal is awful in the parks...

Thanks!

Maryann

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cell signal in the parks depends on your carrier.  I've got Verizon and haven't had any issues.

You can get on the Disney WiFi easily enough, but if it's a busy day expect it to be pretty slow.

Even if you reserve your FP+ through the website now, I'd still download the app in case you want to make any changes once you're there.

How do I use it once we are at the park? The app? We won't be getting our magic bands until right before we come to the campground in November, but we want to use our annual pass in Sept and oct Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your AP will be RF enabled and can be used to enter park and at the FP+ checkpoints. 

We have sprint and AT&T both worked fine last week in the MK. Also I did my fast pass booking from the app the day before with no problem. The 4th fast pass and beyond you will have to book at a kiosk in the park.

Cell signal in the parks depends on your carrier.  I've got Verizon and haven't had any issues.

You can get on the Disney WiFi easily enough, but if it's a busy day expect it to be pretty slow.

Even if you reserve your FP+ through the website now, I'd still download the app in case you want to make any changes once you're there.

I received an email from Disney on Monday telling me I had until the 23rd to make FP+ changes. We arrive on August 3rd, so I'm wondering how you can change your choices or times once you're there?

Re-read that email. I think you're confusing the deadline to customize Magic Bands with making FP+ reservations.

TCD

I agree.  On our last trip (in July) I could make changes to our FPs, up until the moment we were suppose to use them (used the app on my cell).

Are you ae to make FP selections at different parks after you we the first 3?

I think you're asking if you can make more FP+ reservations at a different park after you use the first three.

The answer is yes, but currently you have to go to that park and use one of the kiosks there to see what's available. You can't use the app or even a kiosk in the park you're at to even find out what's available. So magical.

TCD

We have to change our game plans. We usually while staying at the fort like to swim during the day then hit the parks in the late afternoon. By doing that most all of the FP are gone so the 4th is non existent

We have to change our game plans. We usually while staying at the fort like to swim during the day then hit the parks in the late afternoon. By doing that most all of the FP are gone so the 4th is non existent

True. The 4th FP is just a public relations ploy to silence the complaints about being limited to only 3 FP+'s. On a busy day, by late morning, all of the Fp+'s for the good rides are gone. That means your 4th and subsequent Fp+'s will be for attractions that you never needed a FP for in the good old days. Like American Idol in DHS, or the teacups in the MK. So magical.

TCD

FYI, you can also make changes on the day of for FP+ returns that you missed. Of course, the selection is not likely to be good as the day progresses, but you can try.

TCD

Really... did NOT know that!  So, if we schedule Peter Pan for 10am and don't make it, the system will let us reassign that FP at (for example) 2p?

has to be for an available time and ride. 

Right...but (just to make sure I understand), if we have a FP and miss it, then the system basically gives us another one to use later in the day.  Is this right?  We did pretty good in June with making changes on the mobile app, but there was once or twice that we missed using a FP because we didn't get to the ride in time and I didn't think to check the system to see if it had "given" us another FP for that day.

Am I saying this right?   ::)

Right...but (just to make sure I understand), if we have a FP and miss it, then the system basically gives us another one to use later in the day.  Is this right?  We did pretty good in June with making changes on the mobile app, but there was once or twice that we missed using a FP because we didn't get to the ride in time and I didn't think to check the system to see if it had "given" us another FP for that day.

Am I saying this right?   ::)

Yes. Provided there is something available to switch it too.

If I am there with my 6 offspring and we have used our 3 FP+ and want to schedule a 4th for the 7 of us, do we all need to tap our MB on something at the kiosk, or will tapping mine be enough?

Only one. MB. I made new ones at the kiosk for the three of us in July while they were riding something.