I'd like to recommend the Mississippi Welcome Center near Stennis Space Center as a great place to grab some ZZZs on the way to the Fort if you are down south!  There are ample pull thru RV slots back away from all the 18-wheelers so it is quieter than you would expect (although certainly not silent).  Onsite security is visible in a golf cart. Nothing like a free nights sleep!

Cheers! ::)

That is the only down side - - - no electricity. But you can't beat the ease of pulling in and catching a few hours of sleep before hitting the road again.  We stayed there going and coming...probably saved us $100.  And this cheapo loves that! :jumpforjoy

That is the only down side - - - no electricity. But you can't beat the ease of pulling in and catching a few hours of sleep before hitting the road again.  We stayed there going and coming...probably saved us $100.  And this cheapo loves that! :jumpforjoy

We do the same at various rest areas on our trek from Texas. Where are you from Cindy?

We should all caravan to the Fort! We are going back December 19th. Any other Texans going around that time?

We are headed out in November...December was all booked up by the time we started looking for our next adventure!  But a caravan would be great fun!

I didn't think there would be any Elec. hook ups but it looks like a campsite. Another reason I have been thinking of a motorhome.

The motor home has made our drive a lot easier. (of course when it's not breaking down!)

Texas grand gathering at the FORT! Let's go!

I am ready! Meet you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Cindy and family.  We're not from Texas, but know some who are, if that gains us any points.  I guess we'll miss you this trip as we'll be at the Fort in early December thru early Jan.  Get you a sign from AuburnJen so other Fiends can find you there.  There will likely be a thread that you can post your site number so you can receive a visit from everybody's favorite former bus driver, Lou.  He's a cranky old coot, with a heart of gold.  He is attracted to apple pies and often has a spike from the old Fort Railroad for new members (a treasured momento).

Welcome Cindy and family.  We're not from Texas, but know some who are, if that gains us any points.  I guess we'll miss you this trip as we'll be at the Fort in early December thru early Jan.  Get you a sign from AuburnJen so other Fiends can find you there.  There will likely be a thread that you can post your site number so you can receive a visit from everybody's favorite former bus driver, Lou.  He's a cranky old coot, with a heart of gold.  He is attracted to apple pies and often has a spike from the old Fort Railroad for new members (a treasured momento).

Thanks for the warm welcome Ken! I was so happy to find other Disney/Fort Wilderness fanatics! We are looking forward to meeting some of the Fiends in person! Husband and I were just talking about making sure we ordered a sign before our trip out in November. I am also working on a wooden sign that I am using my limited skill to paint Musket Mickey on...our campsite was to bare last time!