Fort Wildreness to Port Orleans Riverside and back

I was thinking of going this trip with the kids, but I think it would be better on an adult only trip.

Our kid went with us but next time it will just be me and the wife. But he did play some Disney songs

Really? That's something I've never heard of before.

Unless it's a dinner show or event, and the park to resort buses are no longer operating because the parks have closed, there are no resort to resort buses.

You'll see buses taking people to their resorts after some HDDRs, Luaus, the BW, and the AK Rain Forest.

We left HDDR and the bus driver took us directly to our resort.

I know it was late when left POR, because Bob's show start and ends late. It was many years ago so I maybe mistaken.

We left HDDR and the bus driver took us directly to our resort.

I know it was late when left POR, because Bob's show start and ends late. It was many years ago so I maybe mistaken.

Yup, as I wrote, that's SOP when it reaches a certain time of the night from the HDDR, BW, Luau, and RFC at AK.

From POR, that's new to me.

• 2 weeks later...

We showed up at 10 and he was playing we left about 10 to 11 and he was still going strong. We wanted to stay later but the boats stopped at 11 and we didn't want to take the bus.

Ole Bob's sets are supposed to be 30 minutes long, but I guess he's not a clock watcher and when he's on a roll, he just keeps on rolling until just before midnight.

I can't say as I blame him, he's got a really nice gig.

Ole Bob's sets are supposed to be 30 minutes long, but I guess he's not a clock watcher and when he's on a roll, he just keeps on rolling until just before midnight.

I can't say as I blame him, he's got a really nice gig.

Thanks I wasn't sure when he really stopped.
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this helps but we've ridden our bikes to POR - mostly during the day time though - never tried it at night.  Maybe that would be something to try this year when we're down.  Would need to take our helmets though, which we don't usually try and make space for when we're just riding around the Fort/WL or over to POR for beignets.

We've biked quite safely all the way to OKW and on to DT on occasion.

Don't know if this helps but we've ridden our bikes to POR - mostly during the day time though - never tried it at night.  Maybe that would be something to try this year when we're down.  Would need to take our helmets though, which we don't usually try and make space for when we're just riding around the Fort/WL or over to POR for beignets.

Well thats cool. Wish we could bring our bikes. But it's golf cart or bikes and we bring the cart.

we've ridden our bikes to POR - mostly during the day time though - never tried it at night.  Maybe that would be something to try this year when we're down.

Although you have every right to do it and contrary to what you'll read, Disney can't do anything about it, I would discourage anyone from biking around WDW day or night.

" I would discourage anyone from biking around WDW day or night."

Can I ask why?  

It's very dangerous.

Visitors to WDW are not expecting to see bikes or pedestrians on the roads.

Buses travelling on a two way road with single lanes will not be able to safely pass you if there is no bike lane, and if there is traffic coming in the opposite direction.

That being the case, the bus will stay behind the biker until and if, they can safely go into the other lane in order to pass the biker.

Thanks Lou  - we've always tried to be respectful of the other traffic since we know many people don't like bikes  and pull off the roads onto the shoulder or the first side road we come to when the busses come along or when there's a spurt of traffic - and we try and stick to side roads with little traffic on them or go at off hours.  

Having said that we're thinking about getting a motor bike anyways, so maybe we'll just switch to that sooner rather then later.   Still have to figure out where to pack the helmets though - less space for lights and food !

Yep it's street legal, we were thinking about using it to go for groceries etc rather than having to disconnect our "house" every time we want to go shopping (and yes we're in a van)

I didn't know that the roads around WDW were public - I somehow thought that DVC Way etc were owned and operated by Disney.  Thanks  

I didn't know that the roads around WDW were public - I somehow thought that DVC Way etc were owned and operated by Disney.  Thanks  

Most people think that Disney owns and is directly responsible for everything at WDW.

When you have some free time, do a search on "The Reedy Creek Improvement District.".

It's very interesting and it'll explain who owns and manages what at WDW.

Think of it as a separate government entity that only happens to be soly run by Disney big wigs. If I remember correctly, you have to own land to vote or be elected. Disney owns all of the land except for a few plots that are owned by people that Disney gave the land to and they can only sell their land back to Disney.