My pool does look black, but that's because it's a rare black bottom pool.

Black bottom pools always looked cool but scared the crap out of me. I have some water phobias that involve stuff I can't see and black bottom pools just make me squirm. I had a friend who had one and I could last about 5 minutes before having a full blown panic attack. 

Black bottom pools always looked cool but scared the crap out of me. I have some water phobias that involve stuff I can't see and black bottom pools just make me squirm. I had a friend who had one and I could last about 5 minutes before having a full blown panic attack. 

No kidding?

It does look different, but you can see the bottom.

IMG_1943_zps137967fb.jpg

No idea, we never use it.

A lot of people feel the same way about pools as others feel about boats.... It's a love hate relationship. The two best days of a boat ownership is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Pools you either love them or hate having to take care of them.

Of course it's easier to get rid of a boat than a pool.

Pools you either love them or hate having to take care of them.

I don't have to take care of it and I guess I'd rather look at that in the backyard rather than just a patio and grass.

I hope someone enjoys it once and while.

Once in a while the neighbors use it and Buddy and Dobby like to lay in the sun poolside.

Our latest stray kitten will get to call the pool area her home.

The Tampa Bay Times had a big watch out for amoebas in the lake story in the paper this weekend.

It tells the story of a couple who is trying to spread the word about this.  Here's the astonishing thing- they are both physicians, and there was nothing they could do to save their son after they found out what happened to him.

Very scary:  http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/parents-on-a-mission-to-raise-awareness-of-deadly-amoeba/2192009

I will stay out of the lake, thank you very much.

TCD