I am not sure if the return time test is still being conducted, but the direct to table test (FP+ for lunch at BOG) is slated to end Sept 11, 2014. There is no word if the direct to table option will become permanent or not or if it will be another FP+ you can select. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't posted in a while but this is big info that needs passed on. Starting today BOG is testing a return card system similar to the one for Ana and Elsa and the frozen sing along. Today, all ca

I predict they roll some of the old FP machines back out and install them for situations like this, under the name "Fastpass Classic!".   

FP+ SMB. They need to dust off the old machines. That is all.

I am not sure if the return time test is still being conducted, but the direct to table test (FP+ for lunch at BOG) is slated to end Sept 11, 2014. There is no word if the direct to table option will become permanent or not or if it will be another FP+ you can select. 

I am assuming that this means they will stop letting people book the FP+ on 9/11, as I am reading of people booking dates after that.

Here's what the pass looks like if anyone is curious.  DFB posted this at the end of last week...

Be-Our-Guest-Standby-Policy-557x625.jpg

Return Card for Be Our Guest Restaurant Lunch Dining

...You’ll be greeted by a Cast Member, who will give you a card like the one above. The card will provide a window with a time for your party to return to Be Our Guest. Once the cards are all passed out for the day, signs are set out that no more guests can dine at lunch for the day.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/08/14/news-magic-kingdoms-be-our-guest-restaurant-introduces-a-new-standby-policy/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been stalking the app for an ADR at BOG and I swear this wasn't on it yesterday.

"Please note: Lunch is served from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Seating is limited and is available on a first-come-first-served basis."

Maybe things are going back the way they were?

I haven't seen any reports of this, but we went on Saturday, October 4, 2014, and arrived at just before 10:30 am.  The standby line was across the bridge and around the corner, about half-way to Little Mermaid.  We've waited that long before, so we went to join the line.  A CM at the end of the line told us that the line had been cut, and we could not join the line.

At few minutes before 10:30, the restaurant opened, and the line that we were not allowed to join began to move.  By 10:30, the end of the line was now on the bridge, and CM's stood across the bridge.  It was exactly 10:30 am when I took this photo:

10414032_zps69fd484c.jpg

As guests walked up, they were told to leave, as the restaurant had reached capacity. They were told that they were welcome to check back, but the CM's couldn't provide a time for when the restaurant might reopen.  We asked them why this was being done, and got the old "it's always been like this" answer.  One CM said they had to limit standby spots to accommodate the FP+ guests. 

No paper FP's were offered.

Have a magical day,.

TCD

I am assuming that this means they will stop letting people book the FP+ on 9/11, as I am reading of people booking dates after that.

I have been stalking the app for an ADR at BOG and I swear this wasn't on it yesterday.

"Please note: Lunch is served from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Seating is limited and is available on a first-come-first-served basis."

Maybe things are going back the way they were?

I booked FP+ for lunch way after 9/11, but my choices stop on 10/22.  Maybe that's when the FP+s end?