`O`h`a`n`a... trying to decide....

We're heading back to the Fort for my Spring Break which means we'll be there for Easter. (Yes Lou, I know it will be busy.) My dad will be with us, and he and Jason have never eaten at `Ohana. My original plan was to try to book it as our Easter dinner. But, the new menu changes have me reconsidering. My favorite things about `Ohana are (or were):

Salad

Noodles

Chicken

Shrimp

Bread pudding

Atmosphere... Z loves it, and it entertains him without being obnoxious

With no more salad and chicken, I'm trying to decide if it's worth the premium we're going to pay to eat there on Easter. I really loved those. But I also really enjoy the shrimp and noodles, and Jason and my dad will definitely get their money's worth on the all-you-care-to-eat front. 

I don't remember the pork being that great, and it seemed the steak was overdone. Did I just get those on a bad night? 

So what would you do? And if you would book somewhere else... where? 

Cape May Cafe features a carving station of candied bacon on Easter.  

I'm not sure I could talk Jason into driving over there on Easter, but it's worth looking at. 

They do have a salad. It's different but it's good.

I really enjoyed the pork.

I always ask for my steak med-rare and the waiter/waitress always brings it to me hot and fresh.

I'd give it another try. It's well worth the money. IMHO.

I loooooooooooooooved the other salad. I had to fight myself not to eat too much of it. I thought the pork was kind of dry, but maybe I just got a couple bad pieces. That's a good idea to request the steak cooked a certain way. I loved our meal there. It just stinks they took some of my favorite things away. I could probably fill up on shrimp and noodles though!  

Hmmmm.... I just read on Intercot that the salad is still available for people with special dietary needs (and they had pictures from last week).... I NEED the salad. Does that count?

Yes I believe "needing" the salad counts as a special dietary need. Let them know when you make the rezzie

My Easter meal must include ham and deviled eggs.  Just sayin'.

DH agrees.  In fact he refers to Easter as "Ham and Egg Day"

I love me some ham, but I don't eat deviled eggs. I'll probably regret sharing this later, but I pretty much have a mayo phobia. I can't even stand for it to be in my fridge. If you're friends with me on fb, there's irony there. 

But I figure we can have ham for lunch.... if some darn Fiends would get down there, I'd make Jason smoke a ham on the Big Green Egg. 

I'll probably regret sharing this later, but I pretty much have a mayo phobia.

I have mayo phobia, too.

And I love mayo!  Buy it in the two-quart size.

Did you know Cracker Barrel has a new breakfast dish?  Flatbread topped with scrambled eggs, cheese, tomato slices, and mayo.  I get it w/o the bread.  Mayo and scrambled eggs are great together!