I'm guessing most of you have seen these, but I thought a few of them were really neat... so I'm sharing in case there are some other RV newbies out there with me:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/brilliant-space-saving-storage-solutions-for-your-rvcampe?sub=2496522_1473217

I'm guessing most of you have seen these, but I thought a few of them were really neat... so I'm sharing in case there are some other RV newbies out there with me:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/brilliant-space-saving-storage-solutions-for-your-rvcampe?sub=2496522_1473217

Thanks saw a couple of things I want to get/do. 

A lot of those can also be used in a small house or apt.

Absolutely!  As we're contemplating the possibility of a much smaller house in the future, I'll definitely be keeping these in mind.  :)

I read through this and tried to imagine any kind of RV that incorporated all these suggestions.  Yikes!

I think it depends on how much useful and good storage/organization space your RV has to begin with. If you need to use all these suggestions, it might be time for a bigger RV.  8)

Our hybrid actually had a good bit of space for most things, if you were talking a weekend or even week-long trip, but when it came to packing for 3 weeks at WDW we ran out of space for clothing quickly.

We ended up putting storage drawers on top of the dog's crates and installing a hanging rack in one tent end.

Our current TT has a good bit of storage space, but some of it is weird and hard to use.  I think some of these ideas will actually help make things more easily accessible.

We have a small hybrid 16' I think.  We use some of the ideas in the list already, good list, more ideas :) yay!

In May we took a 3 week trip camping in PA and VA.  Was interesting as the two poms camped with us as usual. But we also brought our 17 year old cat along too.  Danielle had only ever been in the car to go to the vet's before, not a happy girl then for sure.

She is so frightened to be left alone for any length of time so we thought, if she is going to be scared at least she would be with us.  She did fine after a bit of exploring of the camper.

And that is why I'm posting this here.  She disappeared into a hole under the back bunk ACK!  OK let DH go visit the cousins while I wait for her majesty to reappear.  After an hour or so my brain says stick your hand in the hole with a camera!  OK.  Took pic!  No cat!  Took more pics!!  Still no cat! 

The little explorer had headed to the driver's side and made a right turn towards the front of the camper.  I think she made it all the way under the refrigerator! 

Well Dani finally came out of the little hole at 5pm...need we say that is dinner time for the pets?  Opening a can of human tuna helped too.

So with her adventure I've found a lot of wasted space, at least I think it's wasted.  I want the DH to help me remove some of the paneling and make shelves under the bunk and behind the toilet.  The small space she first crawled in has the electric panel so wires off that and then under bathroom sink are pipes.  The wires and pipes need to be protected but really do they need that much space?

Some of these are great but my husband is not a fan of making "improvements" to our trailer. We plan on moving up from our hybrid to a class C sooner rather than later and he'd like it to be original. So because of that I have become friends with lots of 3m hooks. We have one blank wall back by the boys beds so I put up four hooks to hold an over the door shoe holder. I have clutter and this way all the kids little crap (cells phones, games, glasses, etc) go in there. I also put up hooks for their bags. I put up those mounter bowl and plate dispensers but put them up with 3m velcro strips. They work well. Yes it's wasteful but I hate doing dishes when we are vacationing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Plastic drawers are my friend. I have a "closet" in my camper, but who "hangs" clothes when camping.  I put a set of plastic drawers in the closet.

Our camper is basically a dinette that converts to a bed. I got rid of the table and we leave the bed up all the time, so a set of plastic drawers is under the bed.

I also have a "paper" plastic drawer set in a kitchen cupboard for silverware, knives, serving spoons, stick lighter for the stove, some screwdrivers, etc. (You know your kitchen junk drawer).

I put a plastic silverware tray on the bottom of the cabinet  under the sink, and it holds some of the larger serving items, tongs, can opener, corkscrew, spatula. It also serves a dual purpose since it's plastic, it will catch any minor leaks under the sink. (Yes, I had a hose come unscrewed a little bit and had a leak, but the tray saved the inside of the cabinet).

I have a wire holder inside one of the kitchen cabinets for dish soap, bug spray, windex, etc.

In my upper cabinets, I even have some mini plastic drawers to hold hot chocolate packets, oatmeal packets, gravy mix, crock pot liners. (I take all that stuff out of the original box and put them in the drawers.

I used command strips both on the inside and outside of the camper. Have a couple of hooks for our belts, keys, lanyards at night, then a couple of hooks on the outside for rain jackets to not bring them in wet.