A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

I can ask but DD did her next report on Australia. And we were going to go there but DD, DW, and FIL decided we are going to Hawaii this next summer. It SMB but I'll suffer threw it and go to Hawaii.

Darn.  Hawaii?  You can't win them all.

Thanks. I just feel sorry for my DW. All of her family and friends tell her that she married her father. Lol.

Your FIL seems to have a bit more hair than you.

TCD

Wow! What a scary event! In so glad y'all were ok. I hope the test of your trip was a less exciting experience. Do you know what happened after y'all got off the plane?

I'm sorry, Ray; I didn't see this question.  Yes, I do know what happened - thanks to an article in the New York Times.  TWA (the airline he hijacked) flew him to Kennedy instead of Viet Nam.  Officials quickly came on board, but he slid down the inflated escape thingy.  He was arrested and taken to a mental hospital in New York.  When I returned home from our European tour, the local FBI agent (whose son I had dated) came to my house, asked me a lot of questions, and wanted to send me back to Chicago to testify in his trial.  I vehemently declined, and to this day, I have never been back to Chicago.

He was convicted and sent to prison.  I have no idea where he is now.

BTW, I am so sorry for hijacking your thread.  Kinda makes me no better than the actual hijacker, huh?

I'm sorry, Ray; I didn't see this question. Yes, I do know what happened - thanks to an article in the New York Times. TWA (the airline he hijacked) flew him to Kennedy instead of Viet Nam. Officials quickly came on board, but he slid down the inflated escape thingy. He was arrested and taken to a mental hospital in New York. When I returned home from our European tour, the local FBI agent (whose son I had dated) came to my house, asked me a lot of questions, and wanted to send me back to Chicago to testify in his trial. I vehemently declined, and to this day, I have never been back to Chicago.

He was convicted and sent to prison. I have no idea where he is now.

BTW, I am so sorry for hijacking your thread. Kinda makes me no better than the actual hijacker, huh?

Never apologize for a good hijacking. Especially one that good. What an awesome story. I, personally, am glad you shared it.

And thanks for reminding me that I need to upload some more pix for this post.

Ok let's get some pictures of London posted.

We arrived at Wellington park which is across the street from Buckingham Palace. The one thing that surprised me is how big Buckingham place is. Not only is the building big but it sits on 40 acres. In this picture you can kind of see the wall that surrounds the palace.

cindysiphoneeurope201408032014028_zps0b3

Here's the gang at Wellingtion Park.

europepinkcamera1005_zpsa8cfc3c8.jpg

europepinkcamera1002_zps0cae4267.jpg

My best girls and the Wellington Arch. It's hard to tell how big the arch is but the statue on top of it is about 30' tall.

europepinkcamera1001_zps6bba1e5a.jpg

Here's a close up of the Quadriga. It's a 4 horse chariot carrying the angel of peace.

europepinkcamera1006_zps00318a31.jpg

This is the Ashley House Wellington Museum.

europepinkcamera1004_zps93ecce08.jpg

Let's walk down that beautiful tree lined, WINDY, street to Buckingham palace. What the heck was I looking at? Lol.

europepinkcamera1014_zpse17aba08.jpg

europepinkcamera1013_zps7253e553.jpg

Close up of the massive statue in front of Buckingham.

europepinkcamera1015_zps45f2cfef.jpg

The gang, again.

europepinkcamera1024_zps6027d50d.jpg

Here's a few pix of Buckingham palace and the surrounding area.

cindysiphoneeurope201408032014032_zps234

europepinkcamera1016_zps3a163b51.jpg

europepinkcamera1030_zps62e09833.jpg

Close up shot with the barricade.

europepinkcamera1031_zpsa082ea89.jpg

Even closer.

europepinkcamera1033_zps47859188.jpg

London's finest. He was a super nice guy and really seemed to like his job. He answered everyone's questions, posed for pictures, and told a few interesting stories. He explained how the guards rotated in and out. While we were there the guards were from Canada. He said its a very big honor for the service men and women to work at the palace.

He told a story of a soldier that refused to be relieved for almost 20 hours and he basically had to be ordered to leave. It's amazing the reverence they have for the Queen. It's very impressive.

europepinkcamera1022_zpsdafd694b.jpg

We were hoping to see the changing of the guard but we were a little late for that.

europepinkcamera1026_zps9b33c282.jpg

They actually change guards quite frequently but the ceremonial changing is at 11:30 am. Thats the one you might have seen on tv before. This is a picture of the changing of the guard but with out the hoopla.

europepinkcamera1021_zps221d00f5.jpg

We never got close to the guards. I really wanted to try to make them laugh.

Well this is good place to stop. Besides we are close to the photo limit.

Stay tuned we have a ton of pictures from London.

Thanks

Ray