A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

Way past due for an update.

Ok let's see if we can finish off our Disney trip. This update is probably going to jump around a bit but here goes.

I think the next day we headed back to HS because we had rezzies

at Sci-Fi drive in. We all really like that place.

disneyjune2014raysiphone552_zps8d3decc2.

We ran into some Jedis in training as we going into Star Tours.

disneyjune2014raysiphone533_zps40ab8179.

Wrap her up. I'll take her.

disneyjune2014raysiphone541_zps73ec9ccc.

I think we always go and see Kermit and the gang.

disneyjune2014raysiphone537_zps62d44cee.

Just wanted to see if Dave was still reading. :rofl:

photo18_zpsd912bbe3.jpg

We had a nice lunch and then hit a few more rides.

Sorry failed on the pood forn.

disneyjune2014raysiphone540_zps91f1d946.

Walk this way!

disneyjune2014raysiphone539_zps61ec9e59.

We even got the single rider to give us a thumbs up. What a good sport.

disneyjune2014raysiphone538_zps94206993.

Oh oh! The Lou called. It was time for one last ride and then time to get out of there before he finds us.

disneyjune2014raysiphone545_zpsc19f64da.

I like this picture.

disneyjune2014raysiphone549_zps44aa2706.

And the fire in the canyon is always exciting.

disneyjune2014raysiphone550_zps0cd46661.

photo22_zps38334767.jpg

Well time to get out of here before the Lou shows up.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

Ok. It's our last day so we headed to Epcot as it's our favorite park.

One last day to dodge The Lou.

disneyjune2014raysiphone555_zps8e409ed7.

DD wanted to ride the Sum of all Thrills. So we did. But this was another first for us because she was finally tall enough to do the more intense version. For those of you that don't know. It's the version that let's you go upside down. And we did. She loved it. Me...not so much.

disneyjune2014raysiphone566_zpsf0634a67.

We then headed to the world showcase were we where going to have lunch.

disneyjune2014raysiphone562_zpsebfbf7ba.

Oh Canada! Is it just me or is Canada and it's gardens just beautiful?

photo211_zps06383d05.jpg

photo59_zpsc58a8ced.jpg

DD always loves coloring her Duffy fans.

disneyjune2014raysiphone560_zpsbe16408b.

And she loves to play Agent P.

disneyjune2014raysiphone557_zpsae0417b3.

Morocco is also a must walk thru for me. I don't know why. I just really like it. I choose this pix for TCD. Can you guess why?

disneyjune2014raysiphone558_zps6cd28744.

We were walking thru a gift shop and DD says "daddy look what I found". Lol

I think she must be looking over my shoulder while I'm on FF.net.

Sorry the pix is sideways. I fixed it on phitobucket but it still came out sideways.

disneyjune2014raysiphone556_zps7c997fe7.

Well it's time for lunch. Teppan Edo.

This is another one of our favorite places to eat at Epcot. Good sized portions and not overpriced. It's about what we pay at our local teppanyaki restaurant. If you haven't tried I highly recommend it. And they give a 10% AP discount.

photo24_zpsa16dc133.jpg

Steak!!!

photo54_zpsd368354f.jpg

We didn't have dessert because we wanted a couple of these...

disneyjune2014raysiphone565_zps221d24d0.

DaveInTN I hope that makes up for the Devine pix.

Well it's time to get out of Epcot. A little birdy told me that The Lou was on the prowl. I forgot we did another first...visit Saratoga Springs. I don't remember when but we did.

disneyjune2014raysiphone570_zps4828ab9f.

I don't know what happened to the pix I took at the Springs. So I guess I'll just have to go visit it again to take some more pix. Actually I think I'd like to stay there.

After that we headed to DTD to get DD some dinner and a lite dinner for DW and myself.

Another first for us. We stopped by the Marketplace Co-op.

disneyjune2014raysiphone571_zps3ef8b809.

It was empty.

disneyjune2014raysiphone573_zps525dbd9b.

I mean really empty. That's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I guess some people like it. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

disneyjune2014raysiphone574_zpse5e176b1.

Well after that DD was hungry so we headed to a great little place to grab a bite to eat and a little entertainment. Ragland Road. Yes this is our second time this trip to Ragland Road. What can I say...we like it there. One last pood forn shot before we head back to AKL.

DW had the soup. I don't remember what kind. I also don't remember what DD had. More than likely she had Mac n chz. I had one of my favorites...Crock o' Pate. (Chicken liver pate) It's not for everybody but I love it. U

disneyjune2014raysiphone575_zps34526b16.

Well that's it for Disney. Two weeks at three different hotels and we were able to dodge The Lou for two weeks. I did find some pictures from our stay at AKL from the savanna looking back at the lodge. So there will be some bonus pix. And I hope The Lou doesn't find us (I doubt he does) on the day we check out of AKL and we are able to fly back to Oklahoma City, The Lou free.

The next, and last update from Disneyworld will tell. And after that update we will be heading to Europe.

Ray.

Still diggin' the TR Ray, I think the Canada gardens are beautiful as well, and I'm with Dave, the "weed" freaks me out too, we were at Busch Gardens one time, and I was checking messages on my phone with my back to the greenery, and that thing came out behind me, my Wife's eyes went to saucers and I turned around to see it looking at me, I almost dropped my phone and ran :bugeyes: , freaked me out fo sho!

Still diggin' the TR Ray, I think the Canada gardens are beautiful as well, and I'm with Dave, the "weed" freaks me out too, we were at Busch Gardens one time, and I was checking messages on my phone with my back to the greenery, and that thing came out behind me, my Wife's eyes went to saucers and I turned around to see it looking at me, I almost dropped my phone and ran :bugeyes: , freaked me out fo sho!

Thank you.  I knew you were an intelligent man.  

I love Sum of All Thrills. I can't wait for Z to be able to ride. I didn't realize there are 2 different height requirements there. 

Awesome job tricking Dave with the weed.

How tall is Z? I bet he's tall enough.

Riders must be 48" tall to ride.

Riders 48"-54" can go upside down.

Still diggin' the TR Ray, I think the Canada gardens are beautiful as well, and I'm with Dave, the "weed" freaks me out too, we were at Busch Gardens one time, and I was checking messages on my phone with my back to the greenery, and that thing came out behind me, my Wife's eyes went to saucers and I turned around to see it looking at me, I almost dropped my phone and ran :bugeyes: , freaked me out fo sho!

Canada Rocks! Give me some Poutine! (Google it). Lol.

Now I need to inform Disney security to check your bag for Round-Up when you enter AK.

When you exit AK baggage check turn around and look above the security guards head.

There's a picture of DaveInTN with a caption that says..."hold for extra security screening."

I hate to see your picture next to his.

Well it's the morning of the day we leave AKL and head on home.

Our plane doesn't leave till 6:30 pm so DME wasn't picking us up till 3:30pm. So DW had almost everything packed except our swim suits so went swimming for just about 15-20 minutes and had a early lunch since we skipped breakfast. We cleaned up and relaxed in our room for a while until I got a text from The Lou. Oh oh. Did he find us. No he was heading to DTD for a car show. So I figured it was safe to go into the lobby. Here's a few pix of AKL. Some where taken that day and others not.

Me and DD in the pool.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014603_zps1cb

Looking down the water slide.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014527_zps5c9

Looking across the pool at the main lobby building.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014610_zps288

This is the water feature that goes from the main lobby building, to the swimming pool. We are looking at the outside of the signature restaurant at AKL - Jiko-The Cooking Place. If you look at the last picture you'll see the lifeguards umbrella. This water feature is right behind the umbrella and all the greenery.

disneyjune2014raysiphone579_zpsb6e50cb5.

Birdie by the pool.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014604_zps00a

This for all you rocking chair fans. I'm telling you the view from here is awesome.

disneyjune2014raysiphone577_zpsb7843ade.

Let's head out to the savanna.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014521_zps4bc

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014522_zpscd3

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014523_zpsc0b

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014602_zps8f3

That's DD standing in front of the fire pit. Behind the massive glass wall is the lobby.

To the left of the ivy covered column (the stairs are in the column) is the patio with the rocking chairs.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014525_zps6fa

Here's a pix of DD on the lobby bridge with the massive glass wall behind her.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014614_zps753

A closer shot of DD and the fire pit.

More rocking chairs.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014520_zpseea

Let's go inside and look at some of the art work. If IIRC a CM told me that there are over 300 original African works of art. And I believe her.

This thing is big. It's probably 15'-16' tall. It's called "The Ijelel"

It's a mask. I can't imagine having to wear that big thing.

disneyjune2014raysiphone589_zpse02642b7.

I don't remember what the next couple of pieces are called or there purpose. I took pictures of the description plates but they are to blurry to read. Sorry. I guess you'll just have to go see them for yourself.

disneyjune2014raysiphone582_zpsf927b596.

disneyjune2014raysiphone596_zps9c16c9f1.

disneyjune2014raysiphone594_zps1b25ea16.

Well that's about all for AKL and our two weeks spent at the World. It's almost time for DME to whisk us to the airport for our flight home.

It was a great trip with lots of firsts for us and a few Fiend meet n greets. We can't wait till our next trip back.

Now don't go away. This TR is just getting started. we still have to go to Lake Tenkiller, Oklahoma for the Fourth of July and then we go to Europe for two weeks. So stick around for the next update and we will be off to Europe.

Ray.