A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

What's with the shirt?

I thought you were a Sooner?

What can I say. We're a house divided and DW has her brainwashed.

Yeah.

Not to mention Ray's tag let the cat of the bag before he even started this TR.

TCD

Hey I don't know what your talking about or who gave me that tag.

Really great report, and I'm glad it's not even over yet!  I really am going to have to stay at AKL in a trip, hopefully sooner than later.

Looking forward to the continuation of your report!  Can't wait to see your real castle pics!  Ray and I honeymooned in Germany and went there too - but that was a looooong time ago.

Really great report, and I'm glad it's not even over yet! I really am going to have to stay at AKL in a trip, hopefully sooner than later.

Looking forward to the continuation of your report! Can't wait to see your real castle pics! Ray and I honeymooned in Germany and went there too - but that was a looooong time ago.

Thank you.

Yep we are only about half west thru this TR.

Europe here we come.

The castle was amazing and I don't think it's changed much in the last 100 + years. Lol.

Oh my goodness!

I forgot one little detail about our last day at Disney.

Ok there I was sitting in the lobby, minding my own business waiting for DME to pick us up and take us to the airport. And guess who sneaks us on me?

Yes, you guessed it... It was The Lou!

I was busted!!!

disneyjune2014raysiphone584_zps5267ce47.

Ok we've had some fun poking Lou but the truth is he and I tried several times to try to meet up but with him still driving the buses and me trying to entertain family and friends it wasn't easy. It was made even harder since we didn't have a car.

We were hoping that Lou could meet up with me, Yensidcamper, TCD when the three of us met at MK but IIRC him and Gale were going to a concert at Epcot.

We actually had the pleasure of meeting lou before. During our Christmas 2012 we came back to our 5er and there was a note from TCD and Lou along with a spike. We were new to FF.net and really appreciated those two guys taking time out of there day to stop by. we were disappointed that we missed them but a few days later we sitting under our awning and Lou pulled up.

So I knew Lou would do what he could to meet up with us. And he did. I/we tease lou a lot but for those of you who don't know him let me tell you that he is a super nice guy who really like meeting new Fiends and welcoming them to the family.

Sorry to mess up your street cred Lou. Also thank you so much for trying several times to meet up.

DD enjoyed Lou's visit also.

disneyjune2014raysiphone583_zps795e9db4.

DW made it to the lobby and we visited for quite a while.

disneyjune2014raysiphone588_zps3ac74a2d.

It started to rain really hard so unfortunately Lou missed some if not all of the car show but it gave us more time to visit. We actually visited for about an 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Is that right lou? At some point DD, like most 9 yr olds would, got tired of listening to us guys talking. So DW took her for a walk around the resort. They went up to the lobby bridge and took this picture. It's give an idea on how big and impressive the lobby is.

That's Lou and I looking up at her.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014613_zpsa29

Well way to soon it was time to say goodbye. We posed for one last picture and went our separate ways. A list from Lou was a great way to end our awesome two week trip.

Thanks again Lou for not giving up on our visit after so many failed attempts.

disneyjune2014raysiphone587_zps47cef4ec.

Ok this is really the last update from Disney. We've got to move on so we can get to some awesome pictures from Europe.

Next update coming soon.

Ray

Still tuned in, loving the report and can't wait to see Europe vicariously through you guys! Great now I know what Lou looks like, that way if I see a crazy guy coming at me with a spike, I know it's him, or TCD! Oh and as far as "the weed" and round-up, I'm working on a plan to smuggle in hedge clippers! :ph34r: 

In a year or two he will be tall enough for every ride at Disney.

Are you going to ride Space and EE with him?

We'll ride EE together for sure. Ever since I told him that I'm not going to be able to sit next to him during Space, he's a little hesitant about it, but we'll see.... He loves BTMRR and Splash. It could be his first trip to do ALL the mountains. 

Glad Lou finally tracked you down! 

I was actually beginning to think that I had met a Ray imposter because there is no way the guy I met could have such a cute wife and even cuter daughter with great personalities. It's good to be Ray.

It was nice that we were able to have enough time to get to know each other a little bit.

Meeting people like Ray and his family is why I do what I do.

Wow, there was a lot of Lou in that update.

I don't like Lou's hat.

Otherwise, he's a heck of a guy.

TCD

You can never have too much Lou. That's like saying you've got too much money. There's no such thing.

Besides I think I threw in a TCD for balance.

Yeah I'm not crazy about the hat either but he's wearing a nice shirt.

We tease him a lot but Lou is a great guy.

Great TR report! Finally got my new glasses and I'm all caught up. :)

Straight A's for the year.....I assume parenting can now be put on autopilot. That is awesome

I too like Canada! I always think there's a chance of a pick up hockey game breaking out. Or, maybe I'm hoping to run into the Mackenzie brothers.

I also like morocco. My wife insists because a certain female Disney character used to hang out there.

Still tuned in, loving the report and can't wait to see Europe vicariously through you guys! Great now I know what Lou looks like, that way if I see a crazy guy coming at me with a spike, I know it's him, or TCD! Oh and as far as "the weed" and round-up, I'm working on a plan to smuggle in hedge clippers! :ph34r:

Glad your still here. I'm trying to down load Europe pix as I type.

Lou and TCD are super guys and do an awesome job meeting n greeting new and old fiends and really making them feel welcome here.

You do know that Disney security reads these TRs?

It's true ever since that episode with DaveInTN and Snow White.

We'll ride EE together for sure. Ever since I told him that I'm not going to be able to sit next to him during Space, he's a little hesitant about it, but we'll see.... He loves BTMRR and Splash. It could be his first trip to do ALL the mountains.

Glad Lou finally tracked you down!

I'm sure Z will jump right on to Space Mountain when the time comes. DD and I did all the mountains on our Christmas 2013 trip, I think that when it was.

I gave DD a trading pin from every coaster we road and ToT. I wish Disney would have a "I conquered the MK mountains" pin. Or something like that.

Lou is so awesome.

I was actually beginning to think that I had met a Ray imposter because there is no way the guy I met could have such a cute wife and even cuter daughter with great personalities. It's good to be Ray.

It was nice that we were able to have enough time to get to know each other a little bit.

Meeting people like Ray and his family is why I do what I do.

It is good to be Ray. I sometimes look at my DW and DD and think about that song, Butterfly kisses, "with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right."

I am truly blessed beyond anything I deserve.

I'm so glad your car show got rained out and we got to know each other better.

Meeting people like you makes me want to meet more Fiends.

Thanks again for coming over to AKL for a visit.