A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

Oh wow - I'm dying to stay at AKL.  I always thought I would want to stay at Jambo, but after having dinner at Sanaa last month, I decided that maybe I would choose Kadani.  Looking forward to this next portion of your report to see how your stay at AKL goes.  I'm assuming you have a savannah view?  Even if you don't, it seems that there are many easy ways to be able to watch the animals.

Great report!  Keep it up!  :)

Oh wow - I'm dying to stay at AKL.  I always thought I would want to stay at Jambo, but after having dinner at Sanaa last month, I decided that maybe I would choose Kadani.  Looking forward to this next portion of your report to see how your stay at AKL goes.  I'm assuming you have a savannah view?  Even if you don't, it seems that there are many easy ways to be able to watch the animals.

Great report!  Keep it up!  :)

Y'all really need to stay there. We all really enjoyed waking up and looking out at the animals. It was so cool.

Kidani Village is really nice also. The reason we picked Jambo was that we had a studio and weren't planning on eating any meals in the room and IMHO it has more of a hotel feeling. But I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Kidani.

Partial view. Can you believe it? Can you imagine what kind of view you would have from a full savanna view room.

Thanks. I'm glad your enjoying the TR.

Thank you for the various views from BCR.....it gives a good perspective of where the resort sits.  

And I enjoyed the pictures of AKL.  We've only visited the hotel once, but the lobby reminded me of an African Wilderness Lodge.  Very open and spacious.

If you ever want to stay at a resort I would highly recommend BCR. It's close to everything Disney. And I bet there would be something for everyone in your clan.

AKL reminds me of an African Lodge also. I think that's what they were going for and IMHO they achieved their goal.

We love AKL, but have only stayed at Kidani. Is there a difference in the studios between Kidani and Jambo?

Oh, and enjoyed the Harlem Shake video, always funny.

I don't know if there's a difference or not. We had a queen bed with a sleeper sofa. About the same size as the studio room at beach/yacht club.

Harlem Shake always makes me laugh.

That was a great update, Ray.

I have seen the Bonnet Creek resort from Pop and the AOA.  It's neat to see those resorts from there.

Looking forward to seeing more of AKL- I love that resort.

TCD

Thanks. You need to stop by and take a look around BCR if you get a chance.

Pop and AoA is on my short list of resorts to stay at.

Next update will contain more pix of AK.

Thanks for reading along.

Well we put on our swim suits and headed to the pool for some food, drinks, and fun. The next few pictures are just pix from AKL so they may not be in the proper order. But I just wanted to share pix of the lodge with those of you that haven't been there yet.

DD hanging out on the balcony.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014289_zps4cb

Another DD shot hanging out on the balcony. If you look closely you can see our daily visitor.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014349_zps35c

Here's a close up of our visitor.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014347_zpsd93

Wait did I already post that pix? Oh well if I did he's cute.

Here's a couple three of his bigger friends.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014359_zpsb35

Well head out and go eat and swim. I think I have a few more savanna and animal pix. I might share those later.

As we left the room I noticed this in the carpet.

Hidden Mickey or is it an intentional Mickey? I still don't know the difference.

image_zpsa45c60e5.jpg

We stopped off at Mara, AKL's quick service restaurant to get something to eat.

disneyjune2014raysiphone408_zps814b180f.

A little Pood Forn I tried the hand carved sammich. Roast beef today, I also tried the hand carved turkey sammich. I think they was a third sandwich but I can't remember what it was. It changes everyday. Both sammiches were very good. Lots of fresh meat. I also tried the homemade potato chips. They were awesome.

disneyjune2014raysiphone418_zps187ab782.

Here's a shot from outside by the pool and the Mara QS restaraunt. Those are some of the rooms that have swimming pool views.

disneyjune2014raysiphone411_zps581c3cde.

We took our lunch to a table by the pool. The first thing we passed by is the kiddie pool. No that's not one of the two hut tubs.

disneyjune2014raysiphone407_zps7a5f8a27.

Guess what? There are towels by the pool. And life jackets.

disneyjune2014raysiphone410_zps872673ca.

That's where we are heading. See the thatched building in the middle?

That's the pool bar.

disneyjune2014raysiphone412_zpseabe0e15.

Another shot of the pool and the pool bar. This pool is big.

disneyjune2014raysiphone409_zps77101eda.

Looking back at the lobby from the pool bar area. See the big chimney? That's the lobby.

disneyjune2014raysiphone415_zps725ea707.

DW with the water slide in the background.

This picture again proves that I married up and I'm following FF.net rules.

disneyjune2014raysiphone416_zpsd81aaffd.

DD getting ready to go down the water slide.

disneyjune2014raysiphone417_zps7950dc63.

She loves water slides.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014320_zpsd8a

I had to try out the slide. I made a big splash.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014326_zpse05

Get into the Hot tub!

disneyjune2014raysiphone414_zps5f6c5e12.

Playground which is behind the pool slide.

disneyjune2014raysiphone413_zps6000da90.

Ok one last pix from Jambo house. I've hit the photo limit.

These are Watusi cattle. Look at the size of those horns! Wow! They can reach up to 8' long.

disneyjune2014raysiphone421_zpsc45cdf2e.

I think that about covers Jambo house. I do have a few pictures from Kidani Village lobby and the pool that I'll share in my next update. And I promise we will also get to some O'Hana pood forn in the next update. And maybe some Fiend meeting pix at the MK. That might include The Lou.

Does he track us down?

Thanks

Ray

That pool IS huge AND beautiful.  

The views from your room are very cool....how fun to see giraffes like that.  

We have to give visiting AKL another try someday....the one and only time we visited we took buses and the ride was so long we were ready to leave before we got there.  I'll drive next time.  But I'd like to check it out.  

Just in case anyone is interested ... I just checked the times on my pictures.

Last trip we went from the fort to AKL via MK.  From the time we stepped onto the MK boat at the fort to the time we stepped off the bus at AKL was 55 minutes.