A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

WOW! about those women.  I am very impressed that you were able to maintain (or at least regain) your composure after that encounter.  I would have had a hard time recovering from that.

Great pictures from this morning so far.  Your daughter is just adorable.

Especially love the Splash pic.  :waycool:

Ray what is the kids food like at Biergarten ?

I love the pic of your nephew and the ball! Nicely done!

Your DD made a good choice, a caramel apple is on my must have list! I've never had a salted caramel but I did just have Ben and Jerry's salted caramel core ice cream it was delish.

Z ate baked chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, and a pretzel roll... and dessert.

That's a great tip.

I've used that same idea eating a late breakfast at Trail's End. I didn't even want to think about eating lunch.

TCD

I bet that would be a great idea at all the breakfast buffets.

We like to do that at breakfast buffets in the park too. You can tour for a bit and then eat a meal that keeps you full until dinner. 

And you are going to Dumbo next! 

WOW! about those women.  I am very impressed that you were able to maintain (or at least regain) your composure after that encounter.  I would have had a hard time recovering from that.

Great pictures from this morning so far.  Your daughter is just adorable.

Especially love the Splash pic.  :waycool:

I don't let idiots get to me.

Thanks. I'm just glad she looks like her mother.

DD and I have gotten pretty good at finding the cameras.

Z ate baked chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, and a pretzel roll... and dessert.

We like to do that at breakfast buffets in the park too. You can tour for a bit and then eat a meal that keeps you full until dinner. 

And you are going to Dumbo next!

Yep. Dumbo is next. I still love how Disney doesn't miss a detail. What other amusement park would embed peanuts in the concrete.

Ok let's post some more pix. I know most of you want me to get to Europe but I have to get to some of the best parts of our trip. Meeting some new Fiends. So let get to posting.

So once DW, Teel, and cooper arrived we got on Dumbo. Walked right on. No line what so ever.

disneyjune2014raysiphone137_zpseb06bf0c.

Then walked on IASW. Where is everyone?

disneyjune2014raysiphone150_zpsfabab03a.

We had FP+ for SDMT so we, DD and I, hit it for our second ride, and the first for the rest of our group.

disneyjune2014raysiphone151_zps2fb28ab2.

disneyjune2014raysiphone152_zpsc92fa12e.

There's several good views from the ride and my thumb.

disneyjune2014raysiphone153_zpsfa97a11c.

disneyjune2014raysiphone155_zps4e62955c.

I was trying to get a shot of our reflection. Sort of failed.

disneyjune2014raysiphone157_zps89a36d6d.

Now it's time for lunch. I really like Columbia Harbor House. The bell ringer was outside and the kids got into the spirit.

disneyjune2014raysiphone149_zps8797fdec.

disneyjune2014raysiphone148_zpsffc0d0e7.

Then it was time to eat. Clam chowda and tuna fish sammich for me and salmon for someone else. It's was delicious as usual.

disneyjune2014raysiphone147_zps422c4a9b.

After a late lunch we headed to the front to watch the parade and then head out. But I got a call from The Lou he tried to trick me by telling me he was in the area and could give us a ride back to Bonnet Creek but I quickly formed a plan and told him we were watching the parade and since there was 5 of us we couldn't all fit in his car. Thank goodness it wasn't DIT and his big van. Since Lou was heading out and we were watching the parade I was able to avoid him. But here's some parade pix taken from the train station. This will show you how tall these floats really are.

Parade pix

disneyjune2014raysiphone161_zps61ece9e4.

disneyjune2014raysiphone162_zps65abb173.

The ladies of the hour, and friend.

disneyjune2014raysiphone164_zps85ad670d.

Love this guy

disneyjune2014raysiphone165_zpsba89309f.

disneyjune2014raysiphone166_zps2a09f004.

Something for the ladies.

disneyjune2014raysiphone167_zpsb74c4179.

And something for Z.

disneyjune2014raysiphone169_zps63547695.

They do look lost.

disneyjune2014raysiphone170_zps0a6af343.

disneyjune2014raysiphone171_zpsc291cad8.

Her and I were eye to eye. Can you believe how tall those floats are.

disneyjune2014raysiphone172_zps37562cdc.

Tick tock. Tick tock

disneyjune2014raysiphone174_zpsb534b4a2.

disneyjune2014raysiphone176_zps2ceeb5fe.

disneyjune2014raysiphone178_zps9ec9d157.

disneyjune2014raysiphone182_zps8c47887d.

Dave, Dave, where for art thou Dave?

Sorry Dave's not up here with me.

disneyjune2014raysiphone186_zps48276ded.

This is probably one of my favorite floats.

disneyjune2014raysiphone188_zps14dab67d.

disneyjune2014raysiphone190_zpsf819d6ab.

Here comes the big cheese and his best girl.

disneyjune2014raysiphone194_zpsa88b0763.

Here comes the crowd. Where did all these people come from?

disneyjune2014raysiphone196_zps2156f28c.

Photo limit

You have to keep the commentary... I cracked up at the whole " The Lou" narrative. Be glad that he doesn't read TR's or he would be on to you for your next trip and swipe a bus to get you back to Bonnet Creek.

We tried several times to get together.

I mean The Lou tried to find us several times.

You'll have to continue reading to find out if he ever finds us or are my ninja skills enough to avoid him for two weeks?

Man! you had a great spot for viewing and taking pictures of the parade.... Were you on the steps of the train station?

It's my new favorite place to see a parade. When I was up there it wasn't crowded at all. If you are standing upstairs facing the castle I was to the left.

I actually went up there to talk to The Lou because it was away from all the people waiting downstairs for the parade.

Also, DW and the gang were at the other end of Main St shopping and got stuck behind the parade and it's a great place to reunite with your party because there's shade.

Wow. Those floats are so big that it will take a wide angle lens to capture them.

If you are sitting on the street you'll probably need one. I was upstairs and back from the street and I couldn't get some of floats in a single frame when they were right in front of me.

Caught back up.

Sorry about your encounter with the rude women pushing the stroller.  That is one of my biggest pet peeves.  I am constantly telling my own children when I am pushing a cart through the store to walk in front of me or behind me.  They are not to walk right next to me and the cart as it takes up too much space in the aisles and then others cannot pass.  I was the same way when they were in a stroller.  Of course then if they were not in the stroller they had to be in front of me so that I could see them.  If it was DH and I with the kids.  One would push the stroller and the other would walk in front with the others.  

Caught back up.

Sorry about your encounter with the rude women pushing the stroller. That is one of my biggest pet peeves. I am constantly telling my own children when I am pushing a cart through the store to walk in front of me or behind me. They are not to walk right next to me and the cart as it takes up too much space in the aisles and then others cannot pass. I was the same way when they were in a stroller. Of course then if they were not in the stroller they had to be in front of me so that I could see them. If it was DH and I with the kids. One would push the stroller and the other would walk in front with the others.

Rude people happen.

The thing that gets me is that I feel if everyone was more considerate and courtesy towards each other we would all get thru crowds and life in general a lot smoother and easier.

Hey- your parade photos just helped me to resolve something that had confused me.

When I watched the FOF parade from the Train Station on July 3rd, I noticed a tall tree in front of Tony's restaurant that I didn't remember being there.  But I thought maybe I had just never noticed it before.

Nope.

Looking at your photos, I now remember that they had a low construction wall there in front of Tony's for a while.  You can see it here in your photo:

NewTree_zps1b82813e.jpg

I guess all of that was so they could plant a new tree in that spot:

NewTree2_zps261e397b.jpg

Weird.

TCD

Hey- your parade photos just helped me to resolve something that had confused me.

When I watched the FOF parade from the Train Station on July 3rd, I noticed a tall tree in front of Tony's restaurant that I didn't remember being there. But I thought maybe I had just never noticed it before.

Nope.

Looking at your photos, I now remember that they had a low construction wall there in front of Tony's for a while. You can see it here in your photo:

NewTree_zps1b82813e.jpg

I guess all of that was so they could plant a new tree in that spot:

NewTree2_zps261e397b.jpg

Weird.

TCD

Tree mystery solved. Glad I could help.

Looks like we were standing in the same spot. Well at least when I first got there. I had a sweet spot with a chair in the shade. But there was two elderly ladies standing to my left. I tried to ignore them. But I could here my mother telling me to give up my seat for the nice ladies. So I did and I moved out of shady spot. It was overcast so I didn't mind.

Anyways what did you think about that spot for parade watching?

Tree mystery solved. Glad I could help.

Looks like we were standing in the same spot. Well at least when I first got there. I had a sweet spot with a chair in the shade. But there was two elderly ladies standing to my left. I tried to ignore them. But I could here my mother telling me to give up my seat for the nice ladies. So I did and I moved out of shady spot. It was overcast so I didn't mind.

Anyways what did you think about that spot for parade watching?

You shoulda told the old ladies to go stand under the tree.