A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

First!!!!!! Take that DIT :P

I thougth you would be first since i posted it so late.  That DIT has nothing on you.

thanks for reading along.

Bonnet Creek looks fabulous! It looks like that would be a great place to stay on non park days so you can enjoy all the pools. Adam would love having so many water options.

We love it there.  Non park days are great there.  So many options.. We actually go pool hopping on thise days.

I'm in.  Great start!

Glad your here.

In!   :)

Before we purchased our camper, when we didn't tent it at the Fort, we always stayed off property at a condo... considered Bonnet Creek for a visit.  Looks like a nice place.

It really is a great place and you can get really good deals on renting units there.

I'm in!

Forgot to say, that resort looks nice!

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

Three posts in a row.  Beckers and DIT would be so proud.  Heck I'm proud!

Thanks for reading along.

We will get to europe soon enough and trust me its worth the wait.

I've heard great things about Bonnet Creek, your pictures confirm this!

What a great summer you've had, can't wait to read more.

I would highly recommend it.  Great location, great amenities, great bars and restaraunts.

It has been a great summer.  Thank you

Wow that resort is HUGE!  

How often do they do housekeeping?  Just curious how that works.  

Those pools look nice.  Are there nice pool bars?  

Looking forward to this report!

Yes it is huge,  the buses that take you to the parks stop at two different locations in the resort.

housekeeping is done done once a week but you can pay extra and they will come by as often as you like.  the condos have washers and dryers and they supply you with soap to do several loads of laundry.  and you can get towels down at the pools.

There are approx. 3 pool bars that are open every day and 2 that are open on weekends and holidays.  Are favorite is the one with the blue water slide.  Friendly people and they serve pizza and a few italian specialties.

In!

The kids got a cockpit tour! I didn't know anyone got to do that anymore.

I still remember doing that as a kid. Very cool.

BC looks nice. I am really looking forward to the Eurotrip!

thanks for reading along.

yes the got a tour from the co pilot.  i couldn't believe it either and the kids loved it.

patience my friend, europe is coming up sooner than you realize and I don't think you'll be disaapointed

Yes!

I've been waiting for this one.

It looks like your trip got off to a great start.  I've never been to any of the Bonnet Creek resorts, and know next to nothing about them. It looks really nice, though.

You're doing great so far.  Keep up the good work.

TCD

Thanks for being patient and thanks for reading along.

It's a Wyndham timeshare property and one of the best ones they have.  if you ever have a few minutes i'd recommend going by and looking around, it's really nice.

thank you and i'll try to to keep a steady pace of updating this TR.

I'm in!

Had your nephew been to Disney before? I can't remember if you had said in your planning.

Glag your here.

Yes, it was his first time.  Nothing is better than seeing Disney thru the eyes of a child.

Bonnet Creek looks really nice! Sounds like a dream summer!

It was, and if you stay tuned i'll share more of it with you.

Why did I think it was Sleeping Beauty's castle you saw?

IIRC, Sleeping Beauty"s castle is at Disneyland,  Cinderella"s castle is at Disneyworld, and bought were modeled after the castle we went and visited in Germany.  Wait till you see the pictures of it.  It is one of the most beautiful places i've ever seen.

I am in.  Resort looks real nice.

thanks for being here

Great pix, thanks for sharing.

thank you for reading.  I hope you like the rest of the pix.

I'm in. 

glad your here

Count me in

wondering when you were going to jump in.  glad your along for the ride

I waited patiently for someone to make post #20, and now that Leslie has done that I can post some more.  I didn't want to hog page 1. 

See....I'm a reformed Bumble. 

You must be reformed!  what happened to the 10 post rule?

Who are you, and what have you done with DIT?

And when did DIT become DIT's official name?

I think DIT got hacked.

TCD

Maybe INC is posting for him?

Correct one thinks you are. 

Or maybe Yoda?

What you don't read Russian?

Дэйв в штате Теннесси = Dave in Tennessee

In!

Bonnet Creek looks like a nice place for sure.

it sure is, thanks for being here

I'm in! My sister got a place at Bonnet Creek last year, and we went over one evening....didn't end up swimming, but played mini golf and utilized their grills for a cookout. Can't wait to hear about your other trips as well.

the kids got to play a few holes and had a blast.

Boy those grills are popular.  You better grab one quick on the weekends.  Thankfully theres a lot of them.

I'm here !   This will be epic...  watch out KFK... you may be going down....

Welcome aboard!  I don't know about epic but i'll try to make it interesting.

I do miss Kim, some one tell her hello for me.

Ok time for a quick update while I upload more pix onto Photobucket

After we checked in and let the kids swim for a while we went to DTD for dinner at T-Rex.

disneyjune2014raysiphone010_zpsb1540c39.

There was a lot of construction going on and it was pretty busy.

disneyjune2014raysiphone009_zpsb40cd3ed.

disneyjune2014raysiphone008_zpsa532b6f3.

disneyjune2014raysiphone012_zpsd6d1bf46.

They did have this couple performing. They were really good.

disneyjune2014raysiphone013_zpsb79ea2ce.

Irish musicians make think of Irish beer. So we made a quick stop at Ragland Road for quick drink and a little more entertainment. I hate this pix of me but it seems like a few people have been posting non flattering pix lately.

disneyjune2014raysiphone011_zps034db78f.

DD was invited on stage to do a little Irish dancing. She's done it several times and she loves it. That's her, second from the left.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014063_zps558

They also gave her a certificate for participating.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014064_zpsb9c

We had a rezzie at T-Rex so we had to go but we still had time so we let them build and race a Lego car. Wait I just realized we did this after we ate. Oh well, I told you I don't take notes so I'm sure this won't be the last time I mess up.

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014067_zps332

disneyjune2014raysiphone017_zps3ce2c1da.

Dinner was good but I failed on getting any Pood Forn pix. After we let the kids dig for some fossils.

disneyjune2014raysiphone015_zps37f648f5.

Afterwards we walked around for a little bit. I went to the restroom by World of Disney and these were in the store windows. Pretty cool. Using Barbie Dolls of the princess to make her dress.

I guess I really liked them because I took a bunch of pix of them.

disneyjune2014raysiphone020_zps2a3717fb.

disneyjune2014raysiphone019_zpsbb08c128.

disneyjune2014raysiphone018_zpsd9e35a56.

It was getting late so we headed back.

disneyjune2014raysiphone023_zpse18bef3a.

Next up...Epcot! And the best Pood Forn ever!

I never knew they had that fossil digging at Trex. Pretty cool. Need to remeber that.

And non flattering pics are the new thing :P or at least I keep telling myself that about my tacky pic lol

That's neat the have the kids go up, RR is another place I have never been. My parents love it.

I never knew they had that fossil digging at Trex. Pretty cool. Need to remeber that.

And non flattering pics are the new thing :P or at least I keep telling myself that about my tacky pic lol

That's neat the have the kids go up, RR is another place I have never been. My parents love it.

We need to get you RR. Great food, beer, and entertainment.

My DD loves digging for fossils and it's a great distraction for them while we are waiting for our table

Ray-did you drive to Downtown Disney? How was the parking situation? I've sworn off the place until they get the garage done. The parking was bad before they closed a big chunk of the parking lot.

TCD

No we took a taxi. First it's only $8-$10 for a taxi. The bus from Bonnet creek drops off by Cirgue de Lea (spelling). So it's not so bad.

And I'm glad I didn't drive. It's still a mess.

I'd avoid driving there if I was you.

Read and forgot to post.

Looking forward to more photos.

Thanks for reading along.

Trust me I've got lots of pictures. If I posted 30 pix a day it would take over 100 days to post them all. But don't worry. I won't post them all.

I'm trying to post more pix with less commentary to make sure this TR keeps moving.

I noticed the dresses in the windows on our last trip too. Pretty cool.

What did you think of T-Rex? When we went awhile ago, it was so loud that I had to scream to my wife across the table.

It was real loud. It always is. The food was good, nothing to write home about. If you've eaten at Rain Forest you've eaten at T-Rex. The kids love it and like the aquariums. There beautiful.

Here's a tip. If you don't have a rezzie for T-Rex and you don't mind eating at the bar. You can walk right in and grab a bar stool and eat at the bar.

We've done it. But it's easy for us. There is usually only three of us.

Loving all the pics, thanks. 

Driving in DTD area can be a nightmare and not just at night time either.  Left turn to Sun Trust is blocked, for how long I don't know.  A U-turn can be made at the left turn for Casting, at least now it can.  When I look down the side of the movie building all I see is this monster taking over the parking lot.  Hopefully when all is built it will be better, hopefully.  A lot of the available parking is on far side of Circ du sole (sp) so if you like to walk you're good, otherwise it's a hike. oops didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.  But it is post # 48 or so, I guess it's sorta legal?

Loving all the pics, thanks.

Driving in DTD area can be a nightmare and not just at night time either. Left turn to Sun Trust is blocked, for how long I don't know. A U-turn can be made at the left turn for Casting, at least now it can. When I look down the side of the movie building all I see is this monster taking over the parking lot. Hopefully when all is built it will be better, hopefully. A lot of the available parking is on far side of Circ du sole (sp) so if you like to walk you're good, otherwise it's a hike. oops didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. But it is post # 48 or so, I guess it's sorta legal?

Sorta legal? It's expected. Lol.

Thanks for the info. But the your info is why we took a cab. That and I had an adult beverage.