A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

Tree mystery solved. Glad I could help.

Looks like we were standing in the same spot. Well at least when I first got there. I had a sweet spot with a chair in the shade. But there was two elderly ladies standing to my left. I tried to ignore them. But I could here my mother telling me to give up my seat for the nice ladies. So I did and I moved out of shady spot. It was overcast so I didn't mind.

Anyways what did you think about that spot for parade watching?

I like the train station, but I prefer to be down on Main Street.  You can see all the dancers and characters better from street level.

Good for you for giving up your seat in the shade.

You shoulda told the old ladies to go stand under the tree. 

LOL.

You're bad.

TCD

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

Let's see where were we?

Oh yeah.

The parade was over and DW and gang finally made it to the train station. After successfully avoiding The Lou we took the monorail loop and showed cousin and nephew the monorail resorts from the monorail and then headed to Epcot to catch a taxi back to our resort. It's a $10 ride from Epcot and a $18-20 ride from MK. Yes I'm cheap. But they liked seeing the resorts and the view of Epcot is pretty cool also.

disneyjune2014raysiphone197_zps64a60bbd.

I think the wedding pavilion is real pretty.

If you look in the upper right corner you can see the Poly water villas.

I bet there's going to be a lot of wedding nights spent in those villas.

disneyjune2014raysiphone198_zps20693f64.

Here is one of my favorite views. This from the monorail looking across the lake at America.

disneyjune2014raysiphone199_zpsc9e3aa62.

They did a really nice job with the flowers.

disneyjune2014raysiphone200_zps64eacf9d.

We didn't make it into Epcot, we caught a cab so the kids can do this.

disneyjune2014raysiphone203_zps91636611.

DD loves the pirate slide.

The next day we headed to Animal Kingdom.

They had just reopened the FOTLK in its new theatre and we were excited to see it. It's our favorite show at Disney.

disneyjune2014raysiphone211_zps38396004.

Dave you may want to skip the next picture.

She was going on break so I couldn't get a close up.

disneyjune2014raysiphone213_zps9eee7f7f.

Wait, I found one from 2013-2014 Christmas trip.

Your welcome.

raysiphonechristmas2013166_zps105a2e9d.j

We hit the safari but you've all seen a million pix of the safari, Kali River Rapids, Rafiki's. Planet watch. But the reason DW and I really want to go was the re opening of the FOTLK. I think i get bragging right because I was the first or one of the first fiends to see the show in the new theatre.

They did a good job theming the outside of the theatre.

disneyjune2014raysiphone240_zps874740bb.

Here's a shot from the bridge.

disneyjune2014raysiphone219_zps243db275.

DD was also excited about seeing the show.

disneyjune2014raysiphone235_zps665ffd14.

disneyjune2014raysiphone237_zps58db8a93.

We all had to go past those palms trees to enter the theatre but we had FP+ so we were sent thru a separate entrance.

disneyjune2014raysiphone239_zps6b2fdb91.

Looking back at the bridge I took the earlier picture from.

disneyjune2014raysiphone243_zpsc57a35df.

Those people are waiting to get into the theatre. We Went to the right.

disneyjune2014raysiphone244_zpsd92d5ea8.

Theming in the queue.

disneyjune2014raysiphone247_zpsba0ea3b2.

I don't know about you but I don't speak Swahili so I had to look it up.

disneyjune2014raysiphone245_zpse1874653.

Translations basically to "do not recline on the walls". According to google

This is the FP+ entrance.

disneyjune2014raysiphone246_zpsc699e28f.

The show was the same as before. I personally am glad they didn't change it.

disneyjune2014raysiphone255_zps928d2712.

That was basically our day at AK. And I'm at the photo limit so I'll save the rest for the next update. I think I posted this before but I wanted to post it again. I know there are several families on here with kids with food allergies so you'll be happy to know that Disney is adding more choices for you and your family.

disneyjune2014raysiphone260_zps118b1fe9.

Did you notice the Gluten free beer available?

I didn't try one. I need to go back and do a taste test for y'all. I'll sacrifice my taste buds for you guys.

That's just the kind if guy I am.

In the next update we head to HS and hang out with some aliens. And I'm not talking about Brazilian teenagers.

Did you take a cab to AK, or use the shuttle?

You do get FOTLK Bragging Rights.  I sill have not been to the new theater.  We've been more focused on the Mine Train and Frozen stuff at DHS on our recent trips, and haven't been to AK since the new theater opened.  I know that Twin #2 has been, but I haven't.

Good job with the Devine photos.  That always brings a reaction from DIT.

TCD

Yes and no about the shuttle to AK.

The way the shuttle service from the Wyndham work really isn't that great.

You have to go to the concierge the day you want to go to the park and pay $6 per person round trip. So we would take a taxi to and from Epcot, DHS, and DTD. The day we went to AK, DW's aunt was with us so there was 6 of us. So I bought 3 tickets, $18. Each person gets two tickets, but it doesn't say if it's for going to the park or coming back. We had a reservation at Planet Hollywood so we took a Disney to AKL and then a bus to DTD. After DTD we took a taxi home.

I like Devine. Mainly the reactions from guests who have never seen her before.

I'd like to see her without her makeup. She send to have a pretty face under all that makeup.

Unless it's changed since I was informed about DiVine, she is played by a number of performers.

It's the creation of Priscilla Stephan, who sometimes played her early on and founded the company "Living World Entertainment" that Disney hires for DiVine's performances.

http://www.livingworldentertainment.com/web/LVinesDefault.aspx

Yes and no about the shuttle to AK.

The way the shuttle service from the Wyndham work really isn't that great.

You have to go to the concierge the day you want to go to the park and pay $6 per person round trip. So we would take a taxi to and from Epcot, DHS, and DTD. The day we went to AK, DW's aunt was with us so there was 6 of us. So I bought 3 tickets, $18. Each person gets two tickets, but it doesn't say if it's for going to the park or coming back. We had a reservation at Planet Hollywood so we took a Disney to AKL and then a bus to DTD. After DTD we took a taxi home.

I must not have been reading carefully, I didn't realize you had to pay $6 a head for the shuttle.  Phooey on that.

It sounds like you worked around that issue nicely.  Since you're a passholder, and entitled to free parking at the parks, it would have been cheaper for you to rent a car for the trip.

Unless it's changed since I was informed about DiVine, she is played by a number of performers.

It's the creation of Priscilla Stephan, who sometimes played her early on and founded the company "Living World Entertainment" that Disney hires for DiVine's performances.

Very interesting.

I never knew about this. It's odd that Disney contracts with this company for this entertainment.  You would think they could come up with something like this in-house and just use their own CM's.

I looked a the site, and there's a press release about Bamboo:

2013 saw the act BAMBOO recreated anew this time featuring male performers. BAMBOO performed at a major Theme Park in the USA for six weeks. Two BAMBOO performers work together powerfully when they act as sentries or protectors of Nature guarding doorways and entrances.

http://www.livingworldentertainment.com/web/view/news.aspx

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can rent out one of these living vines for a special event.

Can we take up a collection for one to visit DIT the next time he's at the Fort?

TCD

I've encounted Devine at AK of course, but the first time I saw her was at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville.  It was that encounter that scarred me for life.  Similar to AK, there is a lot of natural vegetation at the Opryland Hotel, so Devine sort of blends in.  If you're not anticipating her, she can freak you out.  Which she did to me.  From that day forward, I never visit the Opryland Hotel without a spray bottle of Roundup.  Although based on the client list in the site you linked, she may not even be performing there anymore (although she does at Gaylord Palms). 

I'm late getting caught up, but I'm back with you now. 

That sounds like somewhat of a pain about the hotel shuttle.  We do taxis pretty regularly at WDW, even though we always stay on site.  We especially use them when going from resort to resort for a dinner reservation.  I absolutely refuse to wait on two different buses to go anywhere.

I'm in on contributing to the collection for Devine to appear at DIT's next visit.

Loving the report!

That's a great tip.

I've used that same idea eating a late breakfast at Trail's End. I didn't even want to think about eating lunch.

TCD

That is a regular occurrence on our Fort trips, unless Missy is around then we have a late breakfast at Cafe TJ/Missy

I've been dreadfully busy, but I need to keep this TR moving.

We left off with our day at AK and the new FOTLK theatre. As I said they did a good job.

That evening, I think, is the night DW aunt joined us. So the new person is Aunt Kay. Well the next day we headed to DHS.

disneyjune2014raysiphone352_zps0d34f20b.

It was SWW and a few cele-brat-es were going to showing up. I was mainly interested in seeing this guy.

disneyjune2014raysiphone353_zps455f6726.

But we had sometime to kill before the parade so we hit a few rides and as we were walking by the Legend of Jack Sparrow and we noticed it was about to start and since we've never seen it we decided to go. As we were getting in line a CM asked if wanted to be the key keeper. DD was excited.

disneyjune2014raysiphone355_zpsa49bb744.

We got to go up into a little stage and wait for DD to say her line.

disneyjune2014raysiphone357_zps485b01a6.

Blurry but cute.

disneyjune2014raysiphone358_zpsd039fd62.

And DD nailed her line. "RRRR"!!!

disneyjune2014raysiphone360_zpsed2a734a.

Afterwards DD and nephew wanted to get their faces painted but I could hear the parade going on so I headed that way. This is what I saw when I got there. Yes that is Billy Dee Williams. My mother in law was so jealous. I she's got the hots for him.

disneyjune2014raysiphone364_zps0c9c8b85.

If you notice to the right of the last picture there is a CM standing there and a roped off area in front of us. I jokingly asked the CM "how am I suppose to get back to the VIP area?" She said follow me. So I did and this is were she told me to stand. Notice the guy in the green shirt? He was also in the other picture. See how close she moved me? I felt like I was TCD. It's good to be Ray.

disneyjune2014raysiphone366_zps36a93733.

And as I was walking up to the stage Mark walked up. Woot! Woot!

There was a bunch of these guys on stage. I wonder why?

disneyjune2014raysiphone372_zpsc0731a87.

That's why. Darth Vader showed up.

And these guys also. I think there from the cartoon. Anybody know?

disneyjune2014raysiphone373_zpsdf9f9ef1.

The MC mainly just talked a lot and then it was over. But as I walked by the side of the stage these guys were exiting stage right. So here's a few pix I took before they ran me off.

disneyjune2014raysiphone380_zpsbd467e02.

disneyjune2014raysiphone381_zpsf388daa6.

disneyjune2014raysiphone382_zps749db49f.

disneyjune2014raysiphone384_zpsbfc3276e.

I caught up with the rest of the gang and we headed to the 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch. I had the poached salmon. It was ok. I've never had olive oil poached salmon before and I wanted to try it.

disneyjune2014raysiphone387_zps5d3c1079.

DW had the meatloaf and she let me have a small bite, a very small bite. It was delicious as usual.

disneyjune2014raysiphone388_zps5f64b3ea.

Afterwards I don't know what we did but from the pictures we headed back to Bonnet Creek and went swimming, again. And went pool hopping.

Main pool

cindysiphonedisneyjune06182014271_zps0e3

Pirate pool.

disneyjune2014raysiphone391_zpsfbe2f30b.

disneyjune2014raysiphone392_zpsd2802b9c.

Photo limit so I'll end it now.

Coming up we leave Bonnet Creek and move to AKL.

Go to the Poly for dinner. Can you Guess where we eat? Well there's lots of good pood forn pix.

We meet a few fiends at the MK.

The Lou tries to find us again. Maybe this time he will? Or maybe he won't.

Stay tuned to find out.

I'm late getting caught up, but I'm back with you now.

That sounds like somewhat of a pain about the hotel shuttle. We do taxis pretty regularly at WDW, even though we always stay on site. We especially use them when going from resort to resort for a dinner reservation. I absolutely refuse to wait on two different buses to go anywhere.

I'm in on contributing to the collection for Devine to appear at DIT's next visit.

Loving the report!

I agree. If you can afford to take a taxi. Do it.

Dave is going to love his personal visit from Devine.

Awesome that the CM moved you up close! I love the pictures of the characters coming off the stage. I really need to get Z down for SWW. He would think that was cool. 

Not so sure about how that salmon looks. 

The pools at Bonnet Creek seem great!