Frozen Summer at DHS Extended until Sept 28

This is my current Epcot plan, which is for Monday, 9/30 (Crowd level 4, per Josh):

1. Ride Test Track: 8:55am – 9:20am 
2. Ride Sum of All Thrills: 9:25am – 9:45am 
3. Ride Mission: SPACE Green or Orange: 9:50am – 10:10am 
4. Ride Spaceship Earth with FastPass+: 10:15am – 10:30am (FP+ 9:30am – 10:30am)
5. Visit Character Spot with FastPass+: 10:35am – 10:55am (FP+ 10:30am – 11:30am)
6. Ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 11:00am – 11:05am 
7.  Explore Living Seas and eat snack
8. See Turtle Talk with Crush: 11:30am – 11:55am
9. Ride Soarin’ with FastPass+: 12:05pm – 12:30pm (FP+ 11:35am-12:35pm)
12. See Captain EO: 12:35pm – 1:00pm 
Visit World Showcase beginning with Canada. 
Lunch at top of waterfall in Canada.
Finish by riding Maelstrom in Norway and Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico after 7:30pm if possible. 
9:00pm Illuminations

Okay, I was just thinking about this.  It is not worth trying to move 6 kids through the crowds in the World Showcase on a Saturday during F&W for one ride.  If they close Maelstorm, i will likely just miss it.  I'll watch it on youtube when I get home.

Okay, so how exactly might I work this into our touring plan?  

Here is the plan from before:

Planning to get to DHS by 1:00pm

1. If arrive soon enough, may do Animation Academy (ask CM at entrance about wait)
2. Ride Toy Story Mania with FP+, 1:30pm – 2:00pm (FP+ 1:20pm-2:20pm)
3. Wander down Sunset Boulevard, eating late lunch – BLT’s
4. Watch Beauty and the Beast 3:00pm – 3:30pm
5. Potty break
6. Find seats for Indiana Jones and eat snack 3:40pm – 4:00pm
7. Watch Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular 4:00pm – 4:30pm
8. Ride Star Tours 4:40pm – 5:00pm (FP+ 4:00pm – 5:00pm)
9. Muppet Vision 3D 5:10pm – 5:30pm
10. Ride Tower of Terror 5:50pm – 6:15pm (5:35pm – 6:35pm) (Ride Photo!)
11. Ride Rockin’ Roller Coaster 6:20pm – 7:05pm (Ride photo!)
12. Find seats for Fantasmic and have dinner. – Turkey and cheese wraps
13. Watch Fantasmic.
14. Maybe, just maybe, hop to Epcot to ride Malestorm before it closes.

Marty-

I'd be happy to try to help you if I can, but I don't plan like this, so I may not be much help.

A couple of things that jump out at me;  I don't think there's any way you could make it from the park entrance to the animation class, and be done with that by 1:30. The classes themselves are about 20 minutes, and every time we've done it (which is a lot), there has always been some wait before hand.  The wait could easily be 20 minutes or more.

And, at 6:20 pm, with no FP, I don't see you being able to be on and off RNRC in 35 minutes.  Maybe if you all did single rider. But even then, I'm doubtful.

As far as the Frozen sing-a-long goes, they distribute return cards in the morning.  From what I've heard, they run out by early afternoon.  I'm not sure you would be able to get a return card if you arrive a 1 pm.  Without those cards, I think you're not likely to get your big group seated together at a show.

If you only have half a day to give to DHS, then I think you would be best to just stick with the plan you've outlined.  There really isn't any space to add the Frozen stuff.

TCD

Thanks everyone for your input.  I have discussed the Frozen stuff with my almost 19yo, who is my junior planner (and voice of reason) and she says, (Wait for it.....) "Let it go."

TCD, I believe you are right about the animation class.  If we get to the park earlier than planned, we might try for it, but it is something I can miss without any pain.  Not only am I not good at this sort of thing but I know my 7yo will have a meltdown when hers isn't just right.  

For RnRC, if we need more time for that, which seems likely, we will just get less great seats for Fantasmic.  Hopefully, a good portion of the crowd will be getting good seats for the Frozen fireworks and we will do okay for Fantasmic.

Oh, and if you are at WDW the last weekend of September, i hope you will stop by our campsite and say Hi!

Kenny the Pirate (no chuckling Lou)

Too late, I chuckled profusely.

I chuckled at this suggestion the most.

"Pick a spot for the parade at least 45 minutes early on Hollywood Boulevard."

Yeah sure, wait 45 minutes just to see a couple of CMs that get paid $9 an hour to wear bad wigs and pretend to be fictional characters from a cartoon.

Too late, I chuckled profusely.

I chuckled at this suggestion the most.

"Pick a spot for the parade at least 45 minutes early on Hollywood Boulevard."

Yeah sure, wait 45 minutes just to see a couple of CMs that get paid $9 an hour to wear bad wigs and pretend to be fictional characters from a cartoon.

Jessica, my 12 year old, the other day actually said the wigs were terrible when she saw pictures online.

I have yet to see a decent Elsa in all the character pictures I've seen posted. Some of the Anna's are pretty good, but the Elsa's look like drag queens.

I haven't seen a great one either. The one they had doing the stuff at DHS when we were there is the best I've seen.

• 3 weeks later...

From Chip and Co...

DHS Management is pushing to continue the Frozen Summer Fun until 2015.

In order to extend the Frozen Summer Fun Live, “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration” will be moving to the American Idol space beginning in October. This Frozen Fan can’t wait to see the Frozen wonderland, shop in Wandering Oaken’s Frozen Funland and maybe take up ice-skating.

http://www.chipandco.com/enjoy-frozen-fun-2015-197507/

• 2 weeks later...

From WDW Magic...

'For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration' will join the ranks of FastPass+ attractions from tomorrow at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The show, which takes place inside the park's Premiere Theater, had previously used a paper-ticketed return standby system, but from September 2 2014 it will be available on FastPass+ via My Disney Experience. The Frozen Sing-Along joins the FastPass+ ranks as a Tier 2 grouped attraction. Learn more about attraction tier grouping for FastPass+.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/frozen-summer-fun---live-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/news/01sep2014-frozen-sing-along-celebration-available-on-fastpass-tomorrow.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new rumor I heard from an unnamed source who has some connection with the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post . . .

The Trading Post and Skating Rink are going to be shut down at the end of September.  The ice rink is rented from a third party, and the contract is up.  It's leaving, and they're going to shut down the whole sound stage that the Frozen stuff is in.

The gift shop and the snow play area will be relocated to the space recently vacated by the movie museum in the gift shop near the Backstage Tour.

You heard it here first.

TCD

As it turns out, I just got home from working the "Frozen Summer Fun" event this morning and while I was at the Premiere Theater, I saw the sign for the the FP line.

I also got a ton of people at the stage area asking where the FP line for the Frozen-sing-along was. 

Here's a new rumor I heard from an unnamed source who has some connection with the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post . . .

The Trading Post and Skating Rink are going to be shut down at the end of September.  The ice rink is rented from a third party, and the contract is up.  It's leaving, and they're going to shut down the whole sound stage that the Frozen stuff is in.

The gift shop and the snow play area will be relocated to the space recently vacated by the movie museum in the gift shop near the Backstage Tour.

You heard it here first.

TCD

Well, that rumor already got confirmed!:  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

Tom's announcement doesn't say where the new location is.  He says it's close to the theater where the show is.  He doesn't mention the show moving to the American Idol theater.

TCD

Tom's announcement doesn't say where the new location is.  He says it's close to the theater where the show is.  He doesn't mention the show moving to the American Idol theater.

Tom's announcement wasn't too big on dates and details.

Oh, btw, Frozen Summer Fun was sold out today, just in case someone is wondering why Disney is pushing it.

Tom's announcement wasn't too big on dates and details.

Oh, btw, Frozen Summer Fun was sold out today, just in case someone is wondering why Disney is pushing it.

Look how many comments there already are from people asking for dates.  Tom should know better.

If you're talking about the Premium Package, I think it has been sold out for every day it was offered.  Almost pure profit (subtracting the cost of cupcakes and watered-down punch).  The person who came up with that idea undoubtedly is a huge hero.

TCD

Yes, I guess the full name is 'Frozen Summer Fun’ Premium Package.

I'm curious if any Fiends have done it and is it money well spent?

GDF/Kelly did it early on, and covered it in her trip report.

She said it was worth it.

That's the only report I can recall here on ff.net.

By the time I had thought about it and was willing to give it a try, it was 100% sold out for every single day in the summer.

TCD