Spring Break - - - What's it like??

We are considering a trip out to the Fort at Spring Break and I am curious (I probably already know the answer), how much of a crazy nut house are the parks and the fort? Is it like summer break or Christmas Holidays?  How far ahead to you have to book?

Parks are a zoo. It's generally the 2nd busiest time behind Christmas.  Depending on if the majority of spring breaks also land around Easter, it can be even be "capacity closures" crazy, although I don't think that's happened for the last couple of years.

That said, I haven't heard a lot about how busy the Fort is that time of year, although I'm sure there are folks here that can speak to that.

The Spring Break period at WDW spans two months and not all weeks are an 11 on the crowd level meter. What week are you looking at?

Exactly, Spring Break means different things to different people.

We've been many, many times in March and April.  To me, it's not a big deal at all.  Nowhere near as crazy as around Christmas or summer.

And, no matter how crazy WDW is, the Fort never gets that way. Even when every single site is full, it still never feels packed.  And, I've been on New Year's Eve and the 4th of July.  It never is too crazy.

TCD

Our spring break is March 9th-13th.

I checked out the crowd calendars and it looks like we might actually be really lucky - - - our spring break seems super early in the season. Yeah me!

While not as busy as during the prime Spring Break weeks, it's still busy.

On my 3 ferry boat MK crowd level meter, I give it a 2+ boats.

Our spring break is March 9th-13th.

We went around that time this past year. It was very manageable. I think it would be overwhelming for a first time visitor but if you're a veteran you know where to go and what to do, so you should be fine.

Happy planning!

Our spring break is always the first full week of April. Sometimes it's Easter, sometimes not. I will say that after doing 2 recent Spring Break trips (and both included Easter) and 2 July trips.... I prefer April. The weather is just about perfect. 

The prediction for 2015 is that the 2nd and 3rd week in April will be the peak Spring Break weeks. We'll see if that holds up as it gets closer.

Sounds like a definitely possibility.

New England and NJ spring breaks are the weeks of April 13th, 20th.  (NH is the one oddball - ours is 27th.)

NY is the only early one in this part of the world.  They're off the week following Easter.

Exactly, Spring Break means different things to different people.

We've been many, many times in March and April.  To me, it's not a big deal at all.  Nowhere near as crazy as around Christmas or summer.

TCD

What he said.

We have been to WDW many times during our spring break which usually falls mid-March and never had any real issues with the parks being over crowded.  And with your early spring break the weather will stil be pleasant.  You will also be there during EPCOT's flower festival.  Enjoy!

I noticed it was Flower Festival week...sounds fun!