According to the excerpt below which appeared in the Orlando Sentinel today, Disney has filed three Patent applications for some pretty cool stuff.

By Steven FordOrlando Sentinel
1:11 a.m. EDT, August 25, 2014

One of the applications is for a multi-drone system that would hold aloft a projection screen for a nighttime display. Such a display would utilize what Disney calls “flixels,” which is an Imagineer word creation for “floating pixels,” according to the background information Disney submitted.

In the second patent application, Disney said “the UAVs execute the flight plans to move and to position the flexible projection screens within the display air space,” according to the patent application abstract. These multiple flexible projection screens, Disney says, would have little wind resistance and offer a surface for reflecting light.

With both of these patents, the systems could be used for the drones to carry either screens for displays or lights overhead. Both would be lightweight and flexible enough to move easily and be controlled from the ground. Of course, both easily could be seen as creating a high-tech digital fireworks show overhead that would be safer and more controlled – and which would cost less than the nightly pyrotechnics that go off at the parks now, as well.

The third patent application is as bizarre-sounding as it is futurist in concept. It would use multiple drones attached to balloons or super-large puppets to make them move – and in the case of the puppets, seemingly walk – as the drones control the movements of the characters’ limbs.

Hey, what can I say, I got a million of them. That's an exaggeration.

While the robotic machine was complex, the end product was not. It was a plastic Coke bottle.

Shhh!

We never tell 'em what is behind the green curtain, remember???  :rofl3:

I'm digging the UAS technology. Remember all that time I spent in Corpus Christi last year? Well we won that effort. In cooperation with Texas A&M University and the State of Texas. We are now one of 6 FAA test sites around the country to test UAS technology for all commercial use. (The military can test on their own property).