Since they opened the Western Way into the World, I've always used this when driving down to the Fort. I was playing around with Google maps today and it noted using hwy 535 from 429 and come in the back way. Just curious about this route or should I stay with the Western way?

I find taking 535 to be quicker myself.  If going through the main gate (and thrilling the kids) isn't important to you, you might want to give it a try.  I've been using this way more often than not since 2007 and it's now almost all 4 lanes. 

Just watch the speed bumps along Vista Way or your launch your RV and everything in it. 

No lights?

Maybe 5/6.  I usually enter and leave this way.  

Just watch the lights, I got a nice picture of my camper going thru the red light by Publix.  It only cost $158 for the picture!   :banghead:

One issue that I can think of if you are pulling a big camper is that coming the opposite direction on Vista Way, it is a hard right turn into the Fort main entrance, which can be more difficult with a large trailer. The entrance was designed with a left hand turn in mind. 

I am planning to take 95 South to I-4 to WDW.  Will I need any money for tolls coming that way?  This is my first time driving to WDW.  In fact, this is my first time driving anywhere near that far.  If you plan to drive on 9/25, avoid the route I listed above.   :panic:  :1sm056pullhair:

However, depending on the time of day you arrive, if it looks like I-4 is a parking lot instead of an interstate, there is a point you can drop off on to 417 and get there much quicker. The tolls are about $7.00 to Disney if you do that (a bit more if you are pulling a trailer).

However, depending on the time of day you arrive, if it looks like I-4 is a parking lot instead of an interstate, there is a point you can drop off on to 417 and get there much quicker. The tolls are about $7.00 to Disney if you do that (a bit more if you are pulling a trailer).

I-4 in Florida also has the distinction of being #3 of the 100 most dangerous roads in America and is topped by Florida's I-95 which comes in at #1.

Sure they do. In my area they completely redid 192 and are widening the road which runs by my development

If it's a toll road, at least we get the out of staters to chip in.

Yes, and I thought they might just put a toll on 192 when they got through with it.  We don't have any toll roads in north Florida, at least in the Panhandle, although we do have a couple of toll bridges, but none that I have to use.

Hmmm...  I am coming in on a Thursday, hopefully early afternoon, so I am hoping it will be okay.  

If you're not coming through during rush hour or on a weekend, you should be ok. 

Just keep an eye out for knuckleheads around you.

We drive through MA, CT and NY on our way down - all states with reputations for terrible drivers - but they don't come anywhere close to FL I-4.

(eek)