Have any of you brought your dogs to Disney and had them stay at the kennel? We are going to Disney the first week of October. DH and I are staying at the Fort, but our daughter and her husband are staying at another resort. It looks like their dog sitter might fall through, so they are looking at other options. The dogs have never stayed at a kennel before, so they are a little concerned. If you've taken your dog to Best Friend kennels, what did you think of it?

We boarded our two last year as day guests. They loved it. Staff is very good, grooming is available at a reasonable cost, they do a flea check before allowing dogs in so you don't have to worry about your pups getting infested there. Facility is very clean.

Previously, we had boarded our beagle there. Also good experiences.

We have only used Best Friends once, to board Rocky for a few hours while we went to the HDDR.

I was impressed by the facility and staff.  Better than where we board him at home, and the place we use is nice.

They do require proof of vaccines, and as FWG said, they check for fleas when the dog arrives.  I'm not sure what happens if they find them.

Also, after you board, you are welcome to use a big outdoor dog park they have, which includes water features.

I liked it.  No complaints.

It's the nicest kennel I've ever seen.

TCD

TCD: I can tell you what happens if they find fleas, since the woman checking in ahead of us once failed the test. You either agree to a flea treatment or you leave with your dog. You should have heard this lady argue with them. Telling them the dog was better today than it had been earlier in the week. They stuck to it, and she ponied up with the cash for a flea dip.

TCD: I can tell you what happens if they find fleas, since the woman checking in ahead of us once failed the test. You either agree to a flea treatment or you leave with your dog. You should have heard this lady argue with them. Telling them the dog was better today than it had been earlier in the week. They stuck to it, and she ponied up with the cash for a flea dip.

That's great to know.

The kennel we use locally doesn't check, and we've had problems with Rocky bringing home some new unwelcome friends in the past.

He takes a monthly flea control pill, so the fleas don't last, but it's pretty bad to pay money to have your dog come home with fleas.

TCD

...You should have heard this lady argue with them. Telling them the dog was better today than it had been earlier in the week.

See pet loop thread re: asshats.

Of course it's perfectly fine to expose everyone else's dogs to your dog's fleas while you go play in the parks. Why wouldn't it be?

:banghead:

We LOVE Best Friends. Our pups go there every time we come down to Disney! In fact, they'll be there in 17 days. The first time they stayed, they were in a fancy little room. Now, we just board them in the all-indoor kennel (it gets expensive to board them in that room for a whole week). Here's some pictures I have, from there.

Here's a few shots of that fancy room they were in:

541.jpg

540.jpg

539.jpg

And, here's the dog park:

B665726A-1DB7-4924-87F3-2C9CBCDFAD27.jpg

58FB3FB7-1DBE-4B9E-8929-8BC53524FE04.jpg

CBDD57B2-EC05-46C1-93BB-7593343DBE17.jpg

I have actually booked one of these rooms for myself for our next visit. I am springing for ice cream time and story time. Come visit me.

I agree with the previous posts. We put our Shepard/Husky mix there for two days of daycare. He loved it and we loved having him there. It was a little pricey, but they have webcams you can use to check up on your dog during play time and the facility is super clean. Doesn't have that dog small you would expect from a place like that.

Cody